This Hero was proposed and approved by Heroes Wiki's Pure Good Proposals Thread. Any act of removing this hero from the category without a Removal Proposal shall be considered vandalism (or a "villainous" attempt to demonize said character) and the user will have high chances of being
|“||This is our world now. It's what we make of it.||„|
|~ 9's ending narration.|
|“||I started this, and now I need to finish it!||„|
9 is the titular main protagonist of the 2005 Oscar nominated animated short and the 2009 animated feature of the same name.
He is voiced by Elijah Wood, who also portrayed Huckleberry Finn in the 1993 film adaptation of The Adventures of Huck Finn, Mark Evans in The Good Son, Stu Simmons in The War, Frodo Baggins from The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Jones Dillion in Try Seventeen/All I Want, Zak Knight in The Warrior of the Quest, Spyro in The Legend of Spyro 2006 version series, Mumble from Happy Feet, Clint Hadson in Cooties and Wirt in Over the Garden Wall.
9 has a zipper on his body to fasten his skin which was open when he was created but was closed later in the film. Unlike the others, the Scientist didn't remark anything about 9 because of the Scientist's death.
9 is The Scientist's last and final stitchpunk. He awoke in the world alone, voiceless, left with The Talisman, and with no guidance—until he was found in The Emptiness by 2, who gave him a voice box, bestowing him with his words of wisdom. Not long following, 9 and 2 end up being sighted and attacked by The Cat Beast (shortened to, "The Beast"). The Talisman is confiscated by The Beast, while 9 is left wounded in his left shoulder; The Beast takes off with 2, leaving him stranded. 9 attempts to take off after The Beast, but ends up passing out from his injury. He is then rescued by 5, who sews his shoulder back up.
9 awakens in the Workshop, alarmed at first by 5, but quickly reassured that he is now safe. 5 ponders the whereabouts of 2, which 9 informs him that he had been accompanying 2. They are cut short by the entrance of 1, who walks in and immediately queries and inspects 9, checking his number; 5 hesitantly answers 1, stating he found 9 in the Emptiness, triggering an immediate and rash response from 1, scolding and intimidating 5 for disobeying his rule and threatening their safety with the risk of leading The Beast back to them.
Upon The Beast's mentioning, 9 informs 1 and 5 that The Beast is what took 2, which 1 is quick to dismiss, stating, "That's the end of it." 9 insists that 2 was still alive, causing 1 to signal 8 to enter the Workshop, and intimidate 9 and 5 back into submission. 1 comments about 9 being "confused", leading him to his main chamber within The Cathedral, attempting to appease 9's curiosity by reflecting on the beginning of their whereabouts, and how he led the rest to The Sanctuary. This backfires on 1, however, as 9 only has more questions.
9 is the youngest of the group and represents the Scientist's humanity, good-heartedness, thoughtfulness, and sincerity. He is very intelligent, but he can make mistakes due to his curiosity (he accidentally sucks out 2's soul and awakens the Fabrication Machine). He seeks the truth in the history of his creation, and wishes to know the meaning of life.
He often clashes with the fearful leader of the creations, from their enemies. 9 is very selfless and has a strong heart, even attempting to sacrifice his life, so 7 could retrieve the Talisman from the Machine and save the souls. Along with 7 and the twins 3 and 4 , he is a survivor. 9 forms a strong, almost brother-like bond with the healer of the group, 5. 9 has a zipper on his body to fasten his skin which was open when he was created but was closed later in the film.
Unlike the others, the Scientist didn't remark anything about 9 because he died right after creating him.
- 9 has an action figure made by neca; he comes with his light bulb staff and the talisman.
- When 9 awoke, it must have either been a few days, since the Scientist's corpse was not showing any decay besides his skin losing its color
- It is undisclosed why 9 did not have a voice box. it is speculated that the Scientist didn't have another voice box for 9, and some theorize it was a slot for the talisman, though it is most likely a nod to the original 2005 short film
- When 9 escaped the can he was hiding in, he lost a bit of fabric and stitching, making him weak. When 5 fixes him up with new red thread, instead of his arm movement being a bit restricted, 9 is still able to move it freely
- In a deleted scene, after all the stitchpunks that died were free, 6's soul floats to a music box (that was later changed to the message for 9) with a mirror and a metal plaque with the word "Hope" on it. 9 pulls out a small ripped piece of paper reading, "The Last", completing the sentiment. This would have been a part of the early concept for the film.
|Miscellaneous animated Heroes|
Animated Features and Live-Action