|“||TO MY BEST FAN!||„|
|~ The writing on the signed photo of Abobo's by himself, to Urban Champ. (determined).|
|“||PIE IS TASTY!||„|
|~ Abobo, shortly before eating the Triforce.|
|“||ABOBO SMASH! ABOBO DESTROY! ABOBO WIN! ABOBO GO EAT PORRIDGE TO CELEBRATE VICTORY!||„|
Abobicus Ragicus, or best known as Abobo, is the titular main protagonist villain of the freeware homage flash game Abobo's Big Adventure. He has a son, named Aboboy, who has been captured by Little Mac's men. His goal is take his son from them.
Originally, Abobo is a character, serving as a recurring enemy and miniboss in the famous beat 'em up game series, Double Dragon.
|“||YOU IDIOT! THAT WAS A SACRED PIECE OF THE TRI-FORCE! NOT A PIE-FORCE! YOU'RE SO STUPID ABOBO!||„|
|~ Zelda yelling at Abobo after he eats the Triforce.|
It seems he is a dimwit, as seen while making mistakes often, such as eating triforce.
Also, despite he tries to rescue his son, it doesn't seem he cares about the other children and, even eating their head, killing them.
However, he has a friendly and redeemable nature, as seen while he shows friendship against Urban Champ (determinant), and accepting train with Doc Louis to defeat Little Mac.
And, Abobo usually doesn't talk, he has only a few lines in the original story.
Abobo is a hefty and bald man with a black walrus mustache and dark brown thick eyebrows. He only wears a blue shorts. His eyes are sometimes yellow and sometimes red, with a black sclera. He is half-naked and bare-footed, however, in Punchabobo, he wears brown boots.
As stated in Punchabobo, he is 325 pounds (147 kilograms).
As Megabobo, he wears the same suit as Mega Man, and he is smaller than the original Abobo.
As a snail, he has big black eyes with dark yellow sclera, and a blue shell.
Abobo can be classified as a hero, and a villain, both. There is a list of his heroic acts;
- Rescues his son, Aboboy.
- Saves Annie and makes her happy with mating her.
- Forgives Urban Champ and gives him a photo of himself (determinant).
Powers and Abilities
- Nigh-oneiricpotence: Due to the events in the game happen in the dream-world, as revealed in the ending, Abobo possesses the almost every powers in the dreamworld.
- Superhuman strength: Abobo possesses ultimately supernatural strength as seen in the game numerous times. He can break the stones, or walls, or even an entire stadium, without overexert.
- Superhuman durability: Abobo has extremely durability, resilience and survivability. He can stay still to extremely critical lethal attacks, even from the strong bosses such as Old Giant's earthquake, Big Daddy's laser, and Shooter Gavin's machine gun. He also escaped the TNT blast uninjured. He can also resist the electric and pyrokinetic attacks.
- Superhuman leap: Abobo can jump up high, as high as the sky and eventually reach the space, even there is a heaviness, while carrying Amazon.
- Enhanced speed: Abobo possesses an enhanced speed. Even his running is not fast much, his punches are extremely fast, while fighting Little Mac.
- Omnivore: Abobo eats lots of things that can not be eaten by an average human, such as; childrens' heads, a can, Annie's head if the player chooses, lots of enemies in Super Mabobo and the Triforce. Also, in the official artwork from the site, he is seen while eating the receiver of a red phone.
- Magical summoning: After gaining enough rage, Abobo raises his hands and summons four wrestlers; The Ultimate Warrior, Roddy Piper, The Undertaker and Hulk Hogan.
- Aquatic adaptation: Abobo can maintain his life underwater, without breathing trouble. He can swim like a fish and even can open his mouth and eat fishes, wtihout any trouble, easily.
- Laser manipulation: Abobo can project lasers without any weapon, only with his rage. This is shown while chasing Amazon, in Balloon Fight.
- Meat manipulation: Abobo can project beefs as projectile swords, after gaining the beef from the dungeon.
- Prehensile tongue: Abobo has a long tongue and can digest matters in one piece.
- Bullet projection: Abobo can project bullets with his own body, in rage.
- Teleportation: Abobo possesses minor teleportation, he can teleport to short distances, like three-four steps. And, in Contrabobo, Abobo disappears, teleports temporarily, but comes again.
- Arm cannon/hand blast: Abobo possesses Mega Man's suit and shoots blasts of energy as a projectile out of his hand. His arm serves as the weapon.
- Temporary invincibility: When Abobo revives, he possesses invincibility for five-six seconds.
- Infinite lives/resurrection: Abobo has infinite amount of life and continously revives, if cheats.
- Power Glove: Abobo wields Power Glove, while killing Little Mac. Power Glove gives him an extreme punch strength.
- Ki manipulation: Abobo can perform Hadoken in the Battle Mode. He shoots from the cupped hands after bringing his hand forward from behind his back or aside his hip.
- Electrokinesis: Abobo can generates electric through his body, such as Blanka, in the Battle Mode.
- Flight: Abobo flies at his rival and pushes them against the wall. It is the Torpedo attack of Raiden's, from Mortal Kombat.
- Martial artistry: Abobo wields deadly fighting prowess and is a master of wrestling and boxing. His punches are deadly extreme and fast in boxing, and uses signature moves such as Tombstone, in wrestling. He can do also an arm-block in Battle Mode.
- Swordsmanship: Abobo uses sword as a projectile and melee weapon, on his right hand, in Zeldabobo. He defeated the enemies such as Old Giant, by using swords.
- Shieldmanship: Abobo wields shield on his left arm. His shield protects him against Octorok's projectile rock.
- Marksmanship: Abobo wields various rifles, such as machine gun, spread gun, flame gun and lemmings gun.
- Flight via balloons: Abobo has two balloons that let him fly. Although his hefty body, balloons can carry him easily.
- Dragon taming: Abobo rides Falkor the Luck Dragon, in Luck Dragon Lunacy.
Abobo has a rage meter and can fill it with killing and abusing his enemies. After he fills rage meter, he can do a special attack. Every level has its own special attack
- Rocky Rage: Abobo charges a punch and jumps and make a rock shower defeating all enemies.
- Typhoon: Abobo spins and forms a Typhoon and defeats all enemies on screen.
- Super Slash: Abobo power-ups the sword, does a spin and makes a circle attack destroying everything on screen.
- Death Blossom: Abobo spins, and summons lasers defeating all on the screen.
- A Winner is You: Abobo summons four champions of Pro Wrestling to use his attacks to defeat Amazon, and at the end, Abobo does a Seismic Toss on Amazon and destroy everything.
- Mega Blaster: Abobo creates a giant massive power of a cannon.
- Bombs Away: Abobo teleports into a warship that drops bombs, defeating everything on-screen.
- Punch Power: Abobo has multiple rage moves in Punchabobo;
- Don Flamenco's Dance: Abobo dances with a rose in his mouth and then punches hard.
- Great Tiger's Spin: Abobo puts on Great Tiger's turban and then spins a few times while punching.
- Super Macho Man's Spin: He does three spinning punches and then does Super Macho Man's infamous taunt.
- King Hippo's Crunching Punch: Abobo chomps and punches.
- Piston Hondo's Rush Attack: Abobo puts on a karate headband and punches quickly multiple times.
- Aboboy - Son
- Annie - Lover, and mother of the his three hybrid children (determinant)
- Three Merbobos - Children (determinant)
- Doc Louis- Boxing trainer
- Falkor- Pet dragon
- The Fairy- Super Slash move partner
- The Ultimate Warrior- Wrestling partner
- Roddy "Hot Rod" Piper- Wrestling partner
- The Undertaker - Wrestling partner
- Hulk Hogan- Wrestling partner
- Contrabobo Player Two- Soldier partner (determinant)
- Urban Champ - Friendly foe/rival (determinant)
- Little Mac - Arch-rival
- Kirby/Krangby - Secondary enemy
- Old Man
- Urban Champ (determinant)
- Big Daddy
- Shooter Gavin
- Bluebobo - Rival
- Greenobo - Rival
- Purpobo - Rival
There are other Abobos that can be classified as twin/clone.
- Contrabobo Player Two: He acts as the second player if the player chooses two player game in Contrabobo. Reversely from original Abobo, he wears a blue headband and red pants. He refers Lance Bean from Contra.
- Bluebobo: He is the blue-skinned version of the original Abobo. He wears dark brown pants. He appears in the Battle Mode.
- Greenobo: He is the green-skinned version of the original Abobo. He wears red pants. He appears in the Battle Mode.
- Purpobo: He is the purple-skinned version of the original Abobo. He wears dark green pants. He appears in the Battle Mode.
In the game, Abobo refers numerous games and characters from NES, and acts as them. It is a list of the characters and games that Abobo refers;
Abobo's origin. In Double Drabobo, Abobo's original sprite and moves are used.
Super Mario Bros.
Abobo takes Mario's role in Super Mabobo. And, his tongue and omnivore ability refers Yoshi (Yoshi is not NES character).
Same sprite with Double Dragon is used again, but Abobo takes Urban Champ's role.
Abobo does a fatality or friendship to the Urban Champ. (Mortal Kombat is not a NES game.)
The Legend of Zelda
Abobo takes Link's role by using his sword and shield.
Abobo takes the Balloon Fighter's role by using balloons.
Pro Wrestling/The Undertaker
Abobo's sprite refers Pro Wrestling wrestlers, and his one of the signature moves is Tombstone.
Abobo takes Mega Man's role by wearing his suit and using his abilities. Also, the level select screen refers Mega Man.
Abobo takes Bill Rizer's role by using rifles and wearing his outfit.
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
Abobo's sprite is a changed version of Bald Bull's sprite. Also, he uses the special moves of Super Macho Man, Don Flamenco, Great Tiger and King Hippo, in his rage move. And, he uses Bull Charge move with Super Glove, while killing Little Mac.
Super Mario Bros. 2
The ending of the game refers Super Mario Bros., where Abobo takes Mario's role by sleeping and dreaming.
In the story, Abobo doesn't talk much. However, there are his quotes that spoken after defeating his clones in Battle Mode. It is the list of his quotes;
|“||LET'S KISS AND MAKE UP! OH, WAIT, WE CAN'T, BECAUSE I PUNCHED YOUR LIPS OFF!||„|
|“||A WINNER IS ME! A LOSER IS YOU!||„|
|“||YOU LOOK LIKE HAMBURGER, BUT YOU TASTE LIKE DEFEATS!||„|
|“||COLOR ME BAD. COLOR YOU SAD.||„|
|“||THIS GAME IS FREE TO PLAY, BUT YOU SHOULD INSERT QUARTERS ANYWAY FOR DISGRACING IT WITH THAT SO-CALLED FIGHT!||„|
|“||JOIN THE NINTENDO FAN CLUB TODAY!||„|
|“||BEFORE WE FOUGHT, YOU WERE HANDSOME LIKE ME. NOW YOU AM UGLY PILE OF STUPID!||„|
|“||EVERBODY WAS KUNG FU FIGHTING. EXCEPT YOU. YOU WERE JUST BEATEN TO JUICY PULP JUICES.||„|
|“||WHEN YOU WISH UPON A STAR..... IT LAUGH IN YOUR FACE AND GRANT MY WISH OF BEATING YOU INSTEAD!||„|
|“||Los Bobos kick your ass! Los Bobos kick your face! Los Bobos kick your balls into outer spaaaaace!||„|
|“||GO HOME AND BE A FAMILY MAN.||„|
Abobo has some death styles that can be classified as non-canon. They are not a part of the original story and only shown if the player fails;
Sawed in two
If the player's all of the lives are out, a scene will appear. Abobo is tied up and a saw steals up on Abobo, while Little Mac, Old Man, the Amazon, Robobobo, Shooter Gavin and an alien watching. There is a countdown from ten and if the player doesn't decide to continue. Abobo will be slayed.
In Punchabobo, when Abobo doesn't succeed to knock Little Mac out for three rounds, at the end of the third round, Mario, the referee, declares Mac as the winner, and an acid pool opens under Abobo's feet, and Abobo will fall down, and only his skeleton remains. After Abobo's death, Mac punches Mario and makes him fall down.
Eaten by robo-fish
In Super Mabobo, if Abobo swims at the bottom of the sea, a robo-fish will immediately appear and eat Abobo's body. Abobo's head remains only.
Eaten by the Balloon Fish
In Balloon Fight, if Abobo floats near the surface of the water, the fish will come immediately and completely eat Abobo. The fish also eats the Poppers.
In Super Mabobo, when Abobo's health decreases zero, his body will be torn apart competely, only his heads and other limbs remain, except body.
In Megabobo, when Abobo's health decreases zero, he will turn into the energy and decomposes, such as Mega Man's original death animation.
Popped to death
In Zeldabobo, if Dig Dug pops Abobo up, Abobo will be inflated and becomes fat, he will have 15 seconds for the inflation to run out, as enemies; Shy Guy, a Bob-omb and a Ghost will spawn, if they touch Abobo, Abobo will be popped and die.
Popped and destroyed
In Zeldabobo, when his health-meter decreases to zero, he will spin around, and his skin will be turn into gray tone, and later be popped and destroyed.
Falling to death
In Double Drabobo, Abobo can fall through the conveyor belt and die, while fighting Shooter Gavin.
Beaten to death
In Double Drabobo and Pro Wrabobo, when Abobo's health-meter decreases to zero, he dies.
In Contrabobo, Abobo dies and loses a life when he gets hit.
- Abobo's origin is a completely villain, but the parody version can be classified as both hero and villain.