|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Adéwalé contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
Born in a life of slavery, Adéwalé was a stern and hardened individual. Unlike his captain, Adéwalé was more serious and less brash, acting as the voice of reason to Edward's grandiose ambitions. Nonetheless, he had a small sense of humor, as shown when he jokingly called the Observatory 'Captain Kenway's folly', due to Edward's selfish actions to seek the precursor site. He was also a humble individual, deciding to have Edward captain the Jackdaw, despite Edward's inexperience as a captain.
Though Adéwalé had chosen a life of piracy, he found that when serving under Edward, he lacked the conviction to partake in an industry of dishonest work. After being introduced to the Assassins and the failure of Nassau, Adéwalé was opened up to the wisdom and nobility of the Assassins, and served them dutifully.
Due to the harsh treatment he had experienced as a slave, Adéwalé notably spoke out against it and even lost his composure. He was unwilling to cooperate with Edward once he realized he was bartering with Laurens Prins, a known slaver. Moreover, he also warned Edward not to fire at slave ships, worried about the lives below deck and was appalled at how reckless Charles Vane was, who fired blindly at the same. He also gave de Fayet a slow and painful death, when the latter disregarded the slaves as mere animals.
Despite having many disagreements with Edward over the latter's selfish actions, Adéwalé nonetheless held the captain in high regard, even towards the end of his life. He managed to convince Edward to turn to the Assassins as a way to amend his mistakes. When confronting Edward's son, Haytham, Adéwalé expressed disappointment in Haytham for becoming a Templar, and likewise mentioned that Edward would feel the same.
Equipment and skills
- "You have the brand of a slave, the eloquence of a scholar... hands of a sailor... and an Assassin's hood."
- ―Bastienne Josèphe, 1735.
Eagle Vision: Additionally, Edward possessed the rare ability of Eagle Vision, a form of supernatural senses, inherited by beings who are descendants of Isu people. He can see through walls, predict movements and even hear conversations from afar.
Master Assassin: He was both a highly skilled Master Assassin. He learned and developed a vast array of skills, such as picking pockets, blending into crowds, armed and unarmed combat, alternative or multiple weapon attacks, stealth and public assassination techniques, free-running and long-range combat.
- Peak-Human Condition: Due to extensive training, diet regimes and meditative techniques, he is has olympic levels of strength, speed, endurance & agility.
- Superior Strength: He was several times that of even the strongest soldiers of the British Army. His punches could easily kill a person and break metal plating on armor. In terms of brute strength, he seems to be stronger than other Master Assassins as he is an able to lift to full-grown men up.
- Superior Mobility: His reflexes, agility, and speed are also more potent, being able to easily counter and defeat hordes of opponents. He was able to kill many of them before they could even see him coming to them, as he moves with such great speed and agility.
- Superior Stamina: He can even fight an entire army without showing any signs of fatigue.
- Superior Durability: He also has a great deal of durability as he was able to land on his feet, after falling from several stories, without any signs of struggle or lack of comfort. He was even capable of surviving being stabbed deep in the stomach by a deadly poisoned blade.
- Superior Metabolism: His metabolism is also superior, as he recovered from being stabbed in the stomach by a sharp blade dipped in deadly poison within several moments. This has also allowed him to retain his inhuman physical prowess in his advanced age as well.
- Master Martial Artist: He has the skills from being a pirate and later on a Master Assassin. He was skilled enough to defeat several soldiers and fight many people at the same time.
- Swordsmanship: Being trained by pirates and later, the Assassins, Edward was skilled in the use of blades. He was expertly able to fight many people at once and wield dual swords in combat. Originally, swords were not his forte, but after long hours of practice and training and straight-up fighting, Edward became one of the best swordsmen in the Brotherhood's history.
- Expert Acrobat: Like any Master Assassin, he is a remarkable free-runner, parkour master & mountaineering expert. These abilities combined with his seemingly superhuman strength & speed, made his acrobatic prowess far more profound than all the other Assassins, before and after him.
- Assassinations: His primary objective is to use the Hidden Blade to assassinate his targets.
- Expert Spy: He is well adept in blending in his surroundings as well as sneaking around heavily guarded places. He would usually blend in with dense crowds and mimic their activities. He is extremely skilled in espionage, stealth, infiltration, disguise, thievery, and eavesdropping, tracking, locksmith.
- Marksmanship: He has proven to be an expert at using the Pistol able to hit his targets from very far away.
- Gadgetry: He used Hidden Blades, swords, pistols, throwing knives, axes, muskets, smoke bombs, rope darts and a blowpipe, he proved able to Dual-wield several combinations of these weapons with excellent proficiency.
- Seamanship: Adewale was able to captain a ship with expert skill.