| This stub is making Kirby hungry with its lack of substance.|
This article or section is a stub. You can help the Heroes Wiki by expanding it!
What are you waiting for? GO!
Adam Charles Davenport is one of the deuteragonists of the series Lab Rats.
He is the oldest out of the trio and possesses superhuman strength, making him the strongest out of the trio and everyone else in the world. Though he sometimes insults his siblings, Adam will do anything to protect them and despite being not the brightest, always comes through at the end while also trying to maintain a normal life in high school and go on missions. Their secret was hidden, until the third season, where their abilities were filmed, making them known to the world.
He was portrayed by Spencer Boldman.
He is a very dimwitted guy who almost never thinks anything through. He has very low intelligence, which is different from his strength as he is brawn rather than brains, which is also the opposite if compared to his younger brother, Chase. He takes a lot of things that people tell him in a literal context and does not get the metaphor or allusion behind what people tell him, and sometimes he understands things immediately, but at the wrong time. His stupidity annoys a lot of people including Leo, Bree, and Chase. He also is easily angered, which often triggers glitches. However, he is a very caring, lovable, fun-loving, goofy and comical guy.
He is very friendly, kind, and is shown to care for others. In addition, despite him not being very intelligent, he is shown at times to be brighter than others give him credit for, such as in the episode Leo vs Evil, in which he resolved the problem caused by the teleporter with a solution no one else had thought of. Because of this, Adam thinks very simple which is sometimes the key of solving the conflicts the team faces. In Smart and Smarter, he helped Chase win the election for student of the semester, but Chase didn't recognize his efforts, which then lead him to run against him. He thinks like a little kid, but knows what people want. He also has a somewhat impish sense of humor, and despite his lack of intelligence can be quite snarky at times. He can never understand sarcasm, as in Leo's Jam, when their plan to get Danielle as Leo's date backfires, Leo says, "Great plan, Chase," and Adam answers, "What are you talking about? That didn't go at all like we hoped." He also has a big appetite, which he calls as his Incredible Edibles. Even though he's not very bright, he knows how to be fair, such as in Death Spiral Smackdown, where Leo teamed up with him so he can use his bionics to win, however, he told Leo that it is not fair and that it is wrong to use bionics in a competition.
Throughout the series, Adam has shown a love for many different types of farm animals. He would like a pet pig, and he also brought in a horse, then later a llama. He also claims that will always brake for cows.
Although normally harmless, Adam does possess a destructive temper, and if pushed to his limits, he can be quite dangerous. He has an interesting relationship with his siblings, as he commonly demonstrates a casual disrespect for his younger brother, Chase, and has no problems throwing him through the air or reminding him how casually he can overpower him. However, he genuinely cares for him, and dives into action if Chase is ever hurt or threatened. As Leo's step-brother, he is very kind to him and plays with him a lot. Just like his biological siblings, he cares about Leo and will stand up for him as often as possible. He also normally annoys Bree, but seems to have a better relationship with her; he quit the cheerleading squad when he caught the other cheerleaders making fun of her. If he sees Bree or Chase being bullied by the other kids at school, Adam will stand up for them. As such, in the episode, Taken, when Krane shoots a fireball at Bree, Adam gets really angry and pushes him under the lab and starts to punch and beat Krane up with his super strength. He also does his best to protect them; for example, in Parallel Universe, upon being told Donald's new device could gravely injure them, Adam quickly pushed both Bree and Chase behind him.
Adam isn't the brightest of them all, but he does have his moments when he is shown to have good ideas.
Adam still teases Chase and Leo about their height. Adam takes more care about of his family, and becomes more responsible. He also gets smarter, to where Chase called him a genius. He got his first hidden ability in Bionic Showdown. In season 2 Parallel Universe, Adam is a part of the Henderson family. Instead of being bionic and strong he is a nerd, the opposite of him in the right universe.
Adam, along with Chase and Bree, continue to be mentors at the Davenport Bionic Academy. They also continue to battle new, and old, enemies. They also find out that they have another brother, Daniel. At the end of season 4, Adam chooses to stay at the academy with Leo.
- Super Strength: Although all of the lab rats seem to be somewhat stronger than normal people, Adam is the strongest of them all. Strength is his primary power; he can do things such as effortlessly lift another person, catch a ventilation fan, smash a boulder the size of a car to rubble with a single punch, easy crush a ball with his strong, powerful hands or even stop a bullet train. He is not discomforted by heavyweight or a need to balance large objects, holding them one-handedly without dropping them. The only known materials hard enough to resist Adam's super strength are carbonex and ultra-strength titanium. However, he was able to accidentally knock out The Crusher, who is the strongest man in the universe, by flinging a dumbbell backward and it hit him in the head.
- Super Jump: In Taken, he was able to jump out of the trapped hole in the lab, just like Krane did. He also used this ability to jump at Troy from behind in Bionic Action Hero. Even without his bionics, Adam is still strong enough to jump high as he and his siblings dodged Giselle's Laser Whip.
- Heat Vision: He can produce heat rays that shoot from his eyes. He can apparently control the intensity, as he has used this ability for a variety of uses, ranging from welding metal to simply heating food. His eyes turn red immediately before using this power. He can fire an extremely potent laser or fire beams from his eyes.
- Flame Vision: Though it was originally shown as a glitch in Crush, Chop, and Burn, Adam can shoot beams of flames out of his eyes intentionally. (Taken, and You Posted What?!?).
- Super Durability: Adam is more durable than a normal person; lasers that would kill a normal person will only stun him. However, he's not invincible, and can still be harmed by excessive force. It is shown in another reality, that he was killed by a large, collapsing ceiling.
- Resistance to Extreme Temperatures: In Rats on a Train, Donald says that thanks to genetic engineering, Adam, Bree, and Chase are more suited to handle extreme climates.
- Plasma Grenades: Adam can shoot balls of electricity from his hands (although it was only shown three times - Crush, Chop and Burn, Air Leo, and The Jet-Wing). However, the only times he has been witnessed using this ability were during glitches.
- Blast Wave/Bionic Energy Blast: In the episode Bionic Showdown, when Marcus was about to kill Leo, Adam becomes infuriated and gains the energy for the blast that nearly kills Marcus. When first accessing this power, his voice became momentarily deeper and a bit shaky, so it may have been difficult to control. This ability was hidden until this episode. In the episode No Going Back, when Adam uses it in school to break the X-Ray machine, Principal Perry mistook the shock wave it created for an earthquake. In the episode The Jet-Wing, he glitched due to not being in his capsule for a long time and destroyed the school's water cooler with this power.
- Voice Mimicry: Adam displays this bionic ability in Bionic Showdown, when he activated his blast wave, his voice dropped and lower similar to Chase's Commando App
- Mental Link: Adam is able to receive information from Chase mentally, in a method similar to sending an email. He describes the process as tingling. (Sink or Swim)
- Bionic Fusion Attack: Adam's Bionics can be linked to Chase's and Bree's through Chase's Override app, allowing them to create one large fusion attack. Adam must be overridden by Chase, along with Bree, and then the three must stand in a perfect triangle with their arms linked. Then the energy will be charged up, and once it is ready it gets blasted from Chase's side. However, it will cause them to pass out as it is very draining and is only used as a last resort. It is likely that anyone who overrides
- Underwater Breathing/Strong Lungs: As shown in Sink or Swim, Adam can breathe underwater for a prolonged amount of time. His ability, Pressurized Lung Capacity, is related to this.
- Pressurized Lung Capacity: Because of his bionically enhanced muscles and natural strong lungs, Adam can blow a gale force super breath. (Armed and Dangerous). Adam calls it his "blow thingy". He was able to blow a bunch of people to the hospital (Rise of the Secret Soldiers), easy put out fires before it hit fuel tanks (Under Siege), freeze a cracked fuel tank with Daniel help (And Then There Were Four), and used it as a powerful fan on a hot day (Space Colony).
- Martial Arts/Hand to Hand Combat: Being trained by Donald Davenport, Adam is strong in the art of hand to hand combat with the rest of his family. Though Adam seems to prefer to using his bionics in a fight. However, his fighting skills were no match for Krane, who easily outmaneuvered Adam and his other siblings.
- Quick Thinking: Though rarely seen, Adam has shown to, on occasion, have good ideas and be a fast thinker, especially during missions, such as in Mission: Space, when he said that he would use his heat vision to close the hole as an alternative. Adam was also the one to come up with a simple solution when he and his siblings accidentally sent their step-mother through Davenport's new teleportation device. He did this by formulating the plan to just call her and tell her to take the bus (Leo vs. Evil). He also came up with a story about his siblings' "missions" to Principal Perry, which got Leo in trouble. He also came up with using his Blast Wave Ability against Perry's X-ray machine (No Going Back). He also came up with a story on how he, Bree and Chase were tourists when they were caught by the captain of the ship they stowed away on right on the spot (Sink or Swim). Finally, he quickly formulated the idea to pretend to be infected with Douglas' virus: throwing on Bree's makeup and using his heat vision to make his eyes look red and skin to mimic Bree and Chase's conditions.
- Bravery: Adam is very brave in the face of adversary and is willing to give himself for others.
- Interrogation Resistance Training: It is mentioned in You Posted What?!? that Adam and his siblings have all been trained in interrogation resistance by Donald. It proved useful when Perry interrogated him, he was able to come up with a lie, something of which his family was not sure Adam had it in him.
- He is the world's first bionic superhuman.
- He is 6'2".
- Adam, along with Bree and Chase, would have died the same way Marcus did in "Bionic Showdown," had Leo not changed the future: being crushed by a collapsing ceiling.
- His chip color is red.
- He always wanted a pig.
- His favorite colors are red and blue (Simulation Manipulation).
- Adam Davenport on Lab Rats Wiki