|~ Adam morphing into the Black Ranger.|
|“||Black Ranger Power!||„|
|~ Adam morphing into the Black Ranger in Season 3.|
|“||Zeo Ranger IV: Green!||„|
|~ Adam morphing into the Green Zeo Ranger.|
|“||Shift Into Turbo! Desert Thunder Turbo Power!||„|
|~ Adam morphing into the Green Turbo Ranger.|
Adam Park is a veteran Power Ranger, and a hero from the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers television series. He became the second Black Ranger, replacing Zack Taylor. He is also Tanya Sloan's love interest in Power Rangers Zeo.
He is portrayed by Johnny Yong Bosch, who is known for voicing Ichigo Kurosaki in Bleach, Vash the Stampede in Trigun, Kung Jin in Mortal Kombat series, T.K. Takaishi in Digimon Adventure Tri, Hajime Hinata in Danganronpa, and Charet the Dragon and Darkron the Panther in the Winflash Heroes series.
Arrival in Angel Grove
Adam came to Angel Grove along with his friends, Rocky DeSantos and Aisha Campbell from the town of Stone Canyon so as to take part in the final round of the Team Ninja competition. They met three of the Power Rangers, Tommy Oliver, Billy Cranston, and Kimberly Ann Hart, when they helped each other to save the baby of a teacher, when his stroller went down a hill and almost went off a dangerous drop. After finding out why the three had come to Angel Grove, the three rangers were surprised when they saw the trio compete and win.
Receiving the Powers
However Adam and his friends’ fighting skill and their involvement with Tommy, Billy, and Kimberly caught the attention of Lord Zedd. He planned to make the three into his own dark warriors and had Goldar kidnap them after they won the tournament. He chained them up inside of a cave and set a snake on them that would turn them evil forever with one bite. Tommy, Billy, and Kimberly went to their rescue and though they succeeded in saving them, but the snake wrapped around the Blue Rangers' throat, forcing him to remove his helmet in order to breath thus exposing his identity to Adam and the others. Tommy and Kimberly revealed their identities to them as well and took the trio to the Command Center, where the alter egos of Jason, Zack, and Trini were revealed to them as well. Adam, Rocky, and Aisha were then sworn to secrecy, promising never to reveal the rangers identities. The three then moved to Angel Grove, where they began attending Angel Grove High with Tommy, Billy, and Kimberly. After Jason, Zack, and Trini were selected to attend a peace conference, Adam was chosen to take Zack’s place as the Black Ranger. His friends, Rocky and Aisha, replaced Jason and Trini respectively.
Battles as a Ranger
Now the Black Ranger, Adam began fighting against the evil of Lord Zedd, who was eventually joined by Rita Repulsa. More about him was revealed after he became a Power Ranger, that he had been picked on and ignored when he was a child. After Adam began learning martial arts, he gained more confidence, but still had problems around girls. He soon found himself the target of Scorpina, who disguised herself as a normal girl named Sabrina. She wanted to manipulate Adam so as to keep him away from his friends before luring him into an ambush. Aisha didn’t trust Sabrina, but she tried to get along with her for Adam’s sake. However this mistrust allowed her to help the Black Ranger when Scorpina lured him on a hike in a remote part of the park. This encounter had a toll on Adam’s confidence, but he recovered when he caught the attention of a girl that Aisha had tried to get him together with. Later when all of the rangers except Tommy were sent back to colonial times, the Black Ranger became very close to a girl named Marissa, who helped them out. After they managed to get back to their proper time, Adam was clearly saddened until he ran into a girl who looked just like her, most likely her descendant.
After Rita Repulsa’s brother, Rito Revolto, came to Earth and succeeded in destroying the Thunderzords and highly damaging the rangers’ Power Coins, they were forced to
head into the Desert of Despair in order to find the temple of Ninjor, the creator of the Power Coins. After finding and releasing him, he gave the rangers new Power Coins with the powers of the ninja with Adam gaining the powers of the Frog. Later when Rita and Rito’s father, Master Vile, came to Earth, seeking to steal the powerful Zeo Crystal. The rangers succeeded in getting the crystal before Vile could and they then split the crystal into five sub-crystals, sending them into different parts of history.
Vile Turns Time
Master Vile eventually used the Orb of Doom, which turned back time and transformed the rangers into children, though they still had their memories. Unable to fight themselves, Zordon recruited the Aquitian Rangers, Aurico, Delphine, Cestro, Corcus, and Tideus. Billy then created a device that would return the rangers to their proper ages, using the Power Coins as its power source. He tested it on himself and it worked, but Goldar took this opportunity to steal the coins, allowing Rita and Zedd to destroy them. Thus the rangers needed new powers and each were sent back to a different place and time to recover the Zeo sub-crystals, which could restore their ages and act as their new powers. Adam ended up in Korea, where his grandmother was from, and met Kai-Ogi, a local sage. Adam then found the Zeo crystal by finding his behind a waterfall.
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie
Adam and his friends are first seen doing a sky dying event with Bulk and Skull. Upon landing safety (Adam landing first), he and the others wonder where Bulk and Skull are.
When the Command Center was destroyed, the Rangers were forced to teleport to Phaedos in order to retrieve the Great Power with the last remaining power of the Command Center, to the dying Zordon's protests.
Once there, he and the other rangers meet Dulcea, who once learning of their mentor Zordon's plight, helps them tap into the power of the Ninjetti, where Adam learned that in him is an animal spirit waiting to be released - his being the Frog (much to his dismay). As Ninjetti, he and the rangers travel to the Monolith in order to retrieve the Great Power.
Though waylaid by the Gatekeepers, Adam and the others manage to access the Monolith, which also bore the Frog symbol among its many creature emblems. It's here where Adam gained the power of the Frog Ninjazord. The zords return the rangers' powers and Adam finds himself clad in his familiar ranger armor with the Frog's symbol emblazoned on his chest.
He returned to Angel Grove with the other Rangers to battle Ivan Ooze and emerged victorious. With his Ninjetti power, he, along with the other rangers managed to revive the dying Zordon, reconstruct his plasma tube and return the Command Center to a fully-functioning state. Soon after at night, Adam and his friends enjoy hanging out.
After uniting his sub-crystal with the others, Adam and his comrades were restored to their proper ages. However a new threat arrived in the form of King Mondo and his Machine Empire, who drove Zedd and Rita off. Adam and the others harnessed the powers of the Zeo Crystal to become the new Zeo Rangers. Adam became the new green ranger, Zeo Ranger IV, and he and the others began their battle with the Machine Empire, a battle they eventually won.
When Divatox, an evil space pirate, sought to unleash a terrible demon known as
Maligore, Adam and the others were called on to stop her. Unable to pursue her with their current powers, they took on the new Turbo powers, Adam gaining the powers of Desert Thunder as the Green Turbo Ranger. After defeating Maligore with their new Turbo Megazord, the rangers emerged successful. However Divatox began assaulting Angel Grove so as to have revenge with her first plan forcing Adam and the others to miss their graduation ceremony. After some time, the Green Ranger passed his powers to Carlos Vallerte, a member of a soccer team that he coached, so that he could attend college along with the rest of his teammates.
Always a Chance
During a battle, Carlos (now the Black Ranger) accidentally hurt his teammate, Cassie Chan, when a monster switched places with her as he was attacking. This deeply affected him and he decided to quit his life as a ranger. In an attempt to get Carlos’ confidence back, Adam arrived to train him both physically a
nd mentally. Adam revealed to Alpha 6, who was also aiding him, that he still had his heavily damaged Mastodon Power Coin. Alpha warned him not to morph with it since its link to the Morphing Grid had been destroyed and it had become highly unstable. Upon being attacked by the monster, Adam was forced to try morphing, which worked but his morphed form kept flickering in and out and it weakened him terribly. Seeing Adam take such a risk renewed Carlos’ confidence and he became a better ranger.
Once a Ranger, Parts 1 and 2
A couple of years later, Adam now as an adult returned to his life as a Power Ranger after receiving a call from the Sentinel Knight to help protect the jewels of the Corona Aurora. The
Overdrive Rangers had lost their powers thanks to Thrax’s evil alliance and a new team of Power Rangers was needed. Adam’s powers as the Black Mighty Morphin’ Ranger were restored and he led a team consisting of Xander Bly, the Green Mystic Ranger, Bridge Carson, the Red S.P.D. Ranger, Kira Ford, the Yellow Dino Ranger, and Tori Hanson, the Blue Ninja Ranger, to battle Thrax’s alliance. Adam later brought back Alpha 6 to fix the Overdrive Rangers' link to the Morphing Grid, which succeeded. With their powers restored, the Overdrive Rangers, Adam, and the other veteran rangers went to take on Thrax and his alliance in one final battle. They emerged victorious and Adam returned to the dojo that he had started running. It is implied that the powers of him and the other Rangers chosen by the Sentinel Knight stayed in intact.
Adam returned as a Zeo Ranger with Rocky, Trey, Tanya, and Kat, as part of the army of Legendary Rangers, led by Tommy as the Green Mighty Morphin Power Ranger, that helped the Mega Rangers defeat the Armada once and for all, fighting in a huge battle against hundreds of X Borgs and dozens of Bruisers.
Powers and Abilities
Adam is an extremely skilled martial artist and has possessed numerous ranger powers over the years. Each of these powers has increased his fighting skills and natural abilities and each has offered a few unique traits of their own, as well as different zords and weapons. The first were those of the Black Mastodon Ranger, which came from his
Mastodon Power Coin, where he wielded the Power Axe and a Blade Blaster, which was a sidearm that could change into a short sword or a laser gun. His zord at that point was the Lion Thunderzord. After becoming the Black Ninja Ranger, Adam gained the Frog Power Coin, giving him the ability to enter a ninja based form before morphing, giving him various ninja tricks that he could perform, such as burrowing undergorund or disappearing then reappearing. Adam
also had the Metallic Armor, which could better protect him and the Black Shark Cycle, a powerful motorcycle made from the fin of prehistoric shark. His zords consis
ted of the Frog Ninjazord and the Black Shogunzord. During the Operation Overdrive team-up, Adam used the Hovertek Cycle, a motorcycle that could change into a helicopter based hover mode, and Defender Vest, an armored protective vest, from the Overdrive Ranger’s arsenal. After becoming Zeo Ranger IV, Adam’s powers increased steadily over time due to them coming from the Zeo Crystal and gained the Zeo Power Hatchets, which were his si
gnature weapon and Zeo Blade, and Zeo Laser Pistol, his new sidearms, as his weapons. Adam also had a Zeo Jet Cycle, which replaced his Shark Cycle and his zords included Zeozord IV and Super Zeozord 4. After becoming the Green Turbo Ranger, Adam’s arsenal of weapons consisted of an Auto Blaster and Turbo Sword, his sidearms, and the Turbo Thunder Cannon
. He also had a Turbo Navigator and a Turbo Cart, a go-cart esque vehicle. Adam also had use of the Desert Thunder Turbozord.
These are Adam's various counterparts in the Super Sentai series.
- Sharma Tribe Knight Goushi - his counterpart as the Black Mastodon Ranger.
- Shouhei Yokkaichi - his counterpart as the Green Zeo Ranger.
- Minoru Uesugi - his counterpart as the Green Turbo Ranger.
- Adam is one of the first two characters to be written off the show without the consent of their actors, the other being Tanya.
- Adam is the third Ranger to have more than one color (going from black to green), the first being Tommy Oliver (who went from green to white to red to black), and the second being Rocky DeSantos (who went from red to blue).
- Adam’s actor, Johnny Yong Bosch, was one of the few actors to do his own stunts in Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers: The Movie.
- Adam was the first male Asian American Power Ranger. Followed by Kai Chen, Chad Lee, Lucas Kendall, Blake Bradley, Cam Watanabe, Trent Fernandez-Mercer, Dax Lo, Theo Martin, Gem, Antonio Garcia, Koda, Preston Tien, Ravi Shaw and Ollie Akana.
- The color change of Adam’s successor, Carlos Vallerte, mirrors that of Adam. Adam went from black to green and Carlos went from green to black.
- Adam did not receive the original “Go Go Power Rangers!” theme in Once A Ranger when he appeared or when he morphed, most likely because Saban owned the rights to the song and Operation Overdrive was produced by Disney.
- Adam is one of the only two rangers to appear in three or more consecutive incarnations of Power Rangers without always being a part of his team.
- Adam is the first Green Power Ranger to be a part of the core team, as opposed to being a Sixth Ranger.
- Adam is also the first Green Ranger to take the place of the team's Black Ranger.
- He is also one of the only two rangers appears in five or more incarnations of Power Rangers, the other being Tommy Oliver.
- During his morph in In Space, his hair appears short, despite it still being long enough to about reach his shoulders like it was in Turbo at that point. This was most likely because it was recycled footage.
- Adam is the only one from when Jason, Zack and Trini were replaced had lasted all the way to Turbo. Aisha stayed in Africa and gave her sub-crystal to Tanya in "Hogday Afternoon" and Rocky injured himself and was replaced by Justin in Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie.
- Adam is also one of the three rangers to last all the way to Turbo alongside Tommy and Kat.
- Adam is the first Ranger to start as a Black Ranger and appear as a Green Ranger in the next season. Followed by Jake Holling.
- This is reversed with his successor, Carlos Vallerte who starts out as a Green Ranger and appears as a Black Ranger in the next season.
- In Seasons 2 and 3 of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and in Power Rangers Zeo, Adam has short hair, while in Power Rangers Turbo and Power Rangers In Space, he sported long hair (similar to Tommy Oliver), although it is cut short in Power Rangers Operation Overdrive.
- Adam's personality is very similar to Harry Kim from Star Trek: Voyager.
- Up until Jason's return in Zeo, it was a massive debate amongst the fandom whether it was Rocky or Adam who was second in command of the team. Although the Power Rangers wiki stated it was Rocky, there are many fans who believed it was Adam, especially since he would be the one controlling the Megazord whenever Tommy was piloting the Red Battlezord, although that was down to Sentai footage, since Adam's Sentai counterpart (Shouhei Yokkaichi) was the second in command of the Ohrangers.