|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Agent 47 contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||I always knew I didn't belong in this world. I wasn't made for this. But I'll never forget- those who betrayed me, and those who never failed my trust. I'll be carrying nothing from Gontranno but this lesson: never trust anyone and rely on your instincts. Forget the past. I'll never find peace here. So, I'll seek justice for myself. I'll choose the truth I like.||„|
|~ Agent 47's monologue in the end of Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, when he was leaving Vittorio's Church.|
Agent 47 (simply known as 47 and The Hitman) is the titular main protagonist and anti-hero of the Hitman video game series and its film adaptations.
He is voiced by David Bateson. In the 2007 film, he was portrayed by Timothy Olyphant (who also played Raylan Givens in Justified), while in Hitman: Agent 47, he is played by Rupert Friend.
- 1 Character Biography
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Personality
- 4 Powers & Abilities
- 5 Equipment
- 6 47's Alternate Origins in the 2007 movie adaptation
- 7 Quotes
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Trivia
- 10 See also
Agent 47, like numerous others, was abducted and raised from birth to be a professional assassin. He is bald, wears a tuxedo and carries two chrome 1911 pistols with silencers. He is the most efficient and effective assassin of them all, he is a very well-trained and deadly killer who worked with the ICA. He is highly trained in martial arts, firearms, intelligence gathering, disguises and assassination techniques.
But he has disguise mastery, allowing him to hide in plain sight and wear different disguises and he has weapon improvisation, allowing him to use the environment as weapons to kill. he is very intelligent and agile due to his past he is the deadly assassin.
47 was created by Otto Wolfgang Ort-Meyer, as his 47th clone. He possesses a 47th chromosome which makes him genetically superior to and deadlier than a normal man.
Agent 47 is a tall, bald and muscular man with deep blue eyes, dark eyebrows, very pale skin and a tattoed barcode at the back of his head. His face is marked an inexpressive and blank countenance with a long face, large cheekbones and recessed forehead. He wears a black suit with a black blazer, white undershirt, red neck tie, formal, black suit pants, black leather gloves and formal, polished black shoes.
47 appears to adhere to religious faith and believes he can be redeemed because he only murders criminals and corrupt officials, and avoids the deaths of innocents whenever possible when fulfilling a contract. He also has a close relationship with Subject 6 (Lucas Grey) and Diana Burnwood. He also has a tender spot for animals. Despite being a highly trained and deadly killer, 47 is extremely devoted and dedicated to his work and complete his missions with professionalism and great efficiency.
Powers & Abilities
As a professional hitman and the ICA's top elite assassin, 47 is known as one of the world’s best assassins. Lethally trained and efficiently to become a highly skilled and deadly killer. 47 was trained extensively and thoroughly in hand-to-hand combat, firearms, military hardware, intelligence gathering, disguises, use of classical tools of assassination like the infamous fiber wire and sniper rifle. He was trained to become a assassin for the ICA and developed a reputation for being the the agency’s most efficient and legendary assassin.
- Enhanced Abilities: As a class one type clone, 47 can be seen performing physical tasks much more efficiently than an average human. He has 47 chromosomes, giving him significant biological advantages over regular healthy human beings. To keep in his physical condition and also keep his skills in balance, 47 practices his combat, shooting, assassination, and stealth skills whenever he is not on an assignment.
- Enhanced Strength: He is physically strong even when compared to average adult males of his size and build; being able to climb pipes, move and dispose of bodies, snap necks, knock opponents unconscious, and jump from balcony to balcony with minimum effort. Although the super soldier giant, Sanchez, towered over him and significantly outmatched him in strength, 47 is able to face off against him and use his swift, brutal hands to defeat and kill Sanchez.
- Enhanced Metabolism: His metabolism is much greater than normal. He recovered from a gunshot overnight with minimal medical attention and was fit enough to carry out an assassination mission.
- Genius-level Intellect: 47 is a very intelligent, cunning, methodical man, alert and highly adaptable to any situation. He has shown himself to be very skilled in espionage, infiltration, counter intelligence and is skilled at adjusting his plans to account for changes as well as knowing how to plan well in advance and improvising new plans when necessary.
- Stealth Mastery : 47 has mastered the art of stealth and is very elusive man , being able to terminate multiple enemies in the same area one at a time and sneak up on almost anybody and quietly neutralize them. 47 also has an expert level understanding in the use of disguises in order to access unauthorized areas of a location. 47 is skilled in infiltration, as seen in the trailer for Hitman: Absolution when he must enter Diana's mansion to kill her, ex-filtration, and evasion, as well as the traditional art of assassination as seen when carrying out contracts. On site, he can slip past guards without arousing too much suspicion.
- Vehicular Intuition: It is evident that 47 is a very skilled driver, judging from how well he managed to maneuver Dr. Ortmeyer's car past a police blockade (in rainy conditions) at the end of Asylum Aftermath. 47's driving skill is also manifested in his ability to drive specialist motor vehicles - such as a Bus and a large Truck at the end of Amendment XXV and The Meat King's Party, respectively. 47's vehicular skills are not just limited to cars - He is seen piloting helicopters, planes and boats numerous times throughout the series.
- Master Martial Artist: As a highly skilled ICA assassin , 47 is a highly accomplished martial artist able to engage armed and unarmed enemies in hand-to-hand combat and come out victorious. He can also disarm trained and armed soldiers and swiftly render them unconscious with minimal effort. His fighting style is consisting of Kickboxing, Panantukan, Krav Maga, Eskrima, Jiu-Jitsu. 47 is also skilled at using whatever is available and using his environment to his advantage in combat.
- Espionage Expertise: He is also resourceful enough to maintain anonymity by avoiding leaving forensic evidence for law enforcement agencies to discover through various methods.
- Master Marksman: 47 is a very accurate marksman skilled in sharpshooting and knife throwing. He is also an expert in the use of pistols, sub machine guns, shotguns, assault and sniper rifles. 47 can accurately shoot opponents no matter how far they are ends with a kill shot with great precision. He is also skilled at throwing things like knives with deadly accuracy and force.
- Expert Spy: He is well adept in blending in his surroundings as well as sneaking around heavily guarded places. He would usually blend in dense crowd and mimic their activities. He is also extremely skilled in espionage, stealth, infiltration, disguises, thievery, and eavesdropping.
- Master Tactician: 47 is a highly trained tactician and master of situational awareness. He is also skilled at coming up with and executing plans for a variety of missions and is very good at understanding his opponents and using their flaws and plans against them.
- Indomitable Willpower: Whatever the odds, 47 never panics. He always keeps his composure and clear mind to the point of being perfectly aware of all his surroundings and constantly calculates his every action, never losing focus.
Agent 47 has shown preference for certain weapons throughout the games, first preferences ingrained into him by his training and then upgrading to more efficient equipment as needed. As the Agency's top assassin, Agent 47 also has access to their highly modular standard issue arsenal.
- Fiber Wire
- Agency Tanto Knife (Hit-man: Absolution)
- Combat Knife (Hit-man: Codename 47)
- Syringes (sedative and poison) (Hit-man: Blood Money) (used as knife type in Hitman: Absolution)
- Anaesthetic (Hitman 2: Silent Assassin)
- Agency Jagd P22G (Hit-man: Absolution)
- Agency Swiss 3000 (Hit-man: Absolution)
*Circumstantially Agent 47 acquires the Mustang Snub, Aries 24-7, Jagd P22G and Wade's SA .44 Auto between the Hit-man: Absolution missions Terminus and Birdie's Gift.
- Kazo TRG (Epilogue, Hitman: Absolution)
- Agency Kazo TRG (Hitman: Sniper Challenge)
- W2000 (Hitman: Blood Money)
- R93 (Pre Hitman: Blood Money)
*The M195 anti-material rifle is specifically acquired for the Hit-man 2: Silent Assassin mission,The Motorcade Interception.
Machine Pistols and Sub-machine-Guns
- Agency Dynamics CPW (Machine Pistol) (Hit-man: Absolution)
- Agency HX UMP (Sub-machine-Gun) (Hit-man: Absolution)
- SMG Tactical (Sub-machine-Gun) (Hit-man: Blood Money)
- Agency ARZ 160 (Hit-man: Absolution)
- M4 (Hit-man: Blood Money)
- Agency SPS 12 (Hit-man: Absolution)
- SPAS 12 (Hit-man: Blood Money)
- Coins: Used as distractions.
- RU-AP mines (Blood Money only): Remote detonated bombs.
47's Alternate Origins in the 2007 movie adaptation
In the film Hitman (2007), 47 is not a clone but rather an abducted baby orphan trained to be a lethal assassin. He accepts a contract to kill the Russian president Mikhail Belicoff. He is set up by one of Belicoff's body doubles, who stages Belicoff having survived the incident and tries to kill 47. While on the run with Nika Boronina (the real Belicoff's mistress, a witness whom 47 becomes semi-romantic with much like Mei-Ling), he eventually kills the double and escapes arrest with the help of Agent Smith. The film is made and set in 2007.
|“||Thick walls and loads of protection. Even the strongest chain has a weak point, and I'll find this one. But I better consider each step I take in this squeaky, old castle.||„|
|~ Agent 47.|
|“||This room. This bullet. There's a bullet for everyone. And a time, and a place. An end. Yes, maybe this is how it has to be. Inspector, you've obviously learned too much about me. I can't have that. Not even in my death.||„|
|~ Agent 47.|
|“||Names are for friends, so I don't need one||„|
|~ Agent 47.|
List of Disguises
- Originally, Paul Walker was to play Agent 47, but after his death in 2013 after film the Seventh Fast and Furious movie, Rupert Friend took his place.
- 47, and Diana Burnwood, are the only characters that have appeared in every Hitman video game up to date.
- In Hitman: Blood Money, 47 had a pet canary. In the final mission he snaps its neck, though it is not explicitly stated or shown.
- Throughout the series, 47 has gone by many different aliases, including Tobias Rieper, Metzger, Flech Fisher, Lord Sinclair, Doctor Cropes, Jacob Leiter, Mr. Johnson, Mr. Byrd and Ben Franklin.
- One of his aliases, Ben Franklin, is a reference to Benjamin Franklin, "The First American".
- In the 2007 film Hitman, 47's suits are made by Kiton. In Hit-man: Enemy Within, he wears an Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore watch, worth over $10,000.
- According to his ICA File, 47 has six nationalities: American, British, German, Swiss and two others that are censored.
- In several ways, 47 is similar to Solid Snake from the Metal Gear series, both had difficult childhoods, both are clones, both are stealth masters and Snake's personality was somewhat similar to 47's in his youth.
- While consistentl cool-tempered and professional in his demeanor, especially when he is on an assignment, 47 has lost his temper a handful of times during the series.
- The first time is when Diana stabs him with a medical syringe in Blood Money. He angrily yells "bitch!" and attempts to attack her.
- In Absolution, 47 has Wade in a choke-hold and angrily says "Hope, South Dakota. You're a long way from home!"
- The third time is when he smacks a bartender's head against a table after asking for Lenny in the bar on the outskirts of Hope.
- Fourth, when he says "Remember me?" to Sanchez before breaking his neck in the Dexter Industries fighting ring.
- Fifth, when he headbutts Blake after he taunts Victoria.
- The final time he loses his temper is when he steps on Skurky's wounded thigh after he tells 47 to "go fuck [him]self".
- HITMAN 2018 series, it is revealed that 47 has have been reunited with his long lost best friend and fellow enhanced clone/brother, Subject 6, also known as the Shadow Client or Lucas Gray.