|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Agent 47 contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||I always knew I didn't belong in this world. I wasn't made for this. But I'll never forget- those who betrayed me, and those who never failed my trust. I'll be carrying nothing from Gontranno but this lesson: never trust anyone and rely on your instincts. Forget the past. I'll never find peace here. So, I'll seek justice for myself. I'll choose the truth I like.||„|
|~ Agent 47's monologue in the end of Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, when he was leaving Vittorio's Church.|
Agent 47 (simply known as 47 and The Hitman) is the titular main protagonist and anti-hero of the Hitman video game series and its film adaptations.
He is voiced by David Bateson. In the 2007 film, he was portrayed by Timothy Olyphant, while in Hitman: Agent 47, he is played by Rupert Friend.
Agent 47, like numerous others, was abducted and raised from birth to be a professional assassin. He is bald, wears a tuxedo and carries two chrome 1911 pistols with silencers. He is the deadliest assassin of them all, he is a highly trainer killer who worked with the agency. He has practiced many forms of martial arts, weapon proficiency, stealth tactics and the ability to kill without being discovered.
But he has disguise mastery, allowing him to hide in plain sight and wear different disguises and he has weapon improvisation, allowing him to use the environment as weapons to kill. he is highly intelligent and agile due to his past he is the deadliest assassin.
47 was created by Otto Wolfgang Ort-Meyer, as his 47th clone. He possesses a 47th chromosome which makes him genetically superior to and deadlier than a normal man.
Agent 47 is a tall, bald and muscular man with deep blue eyes, dark eyebrows, very pale skin and a tattoed barcode at the back of his head. His face is marked an inexpressive and blank countenance with a long face, large cheekbones and recessed forehead. He wears a black suit with a black blazer, white undershirt, red neck tie, formal, black suit pants, black leather gloves and formal, polished black shoes.
47 appears to hold some form of faith and believes he can be redeemed because he only killed bad men and women. He also has a close relationship with Subject 6 (Lucas Grey) and Diana Burnwood.
Skills and Abilities
- Enhanced Abilities: As a class one type clone, 47 can be seen performing physical tasks much more efficiently than an average human. He has 47 chromosomes, giving him significant biological advantages over regular healthy human beings. To keep in his physical condition and also keep his skills in balance, 47 practices his combat, shooting, assassination, and stealth skills whenever he is not on an assignment.
- Superior Strength: He is physically strong even when compared to average adult males of his size and build; being able to climb pipes, move and dispose of bodies, snap necks, knock opponents unconscious, and jump from balcony to balcony with minimum effort. Although the super soldier giant, Sanchez, towered over him and significantly outmatched him in strength, 47 is able to face off against him and use his swift, brutal hands to defeat and kill Sanchez.
- Superior Metabolism: His metabolism is much greater than normal. He recovered from a gunshot overnight with minimal medical attention and was fit enough to carry out an assassination mission.
- Superior Intelligence: His mind and intelligence are also greater than normal humans. While not a genius, he is abel to quickly learn and adapt faster than human beings can.
- Stealth and Infiltration: 47 has mastered the art of stealth, being able to terminate multiple enemies in the same area one at a time and sneak up on almost anybody and quietly neutralize them. 47 also has an expert level understanding in the use of disguises in order to access unauthorized areas of a location. 47 is skilled in infiltration, as seen in the trailer for Hitman: Absolution when he must enter Diana's mansion to kill her, ex-filtration, and evasion, as well as the traditional art of assassination as seen when carrying out contracts. On site, he can slip past guards without arousing too much suspicion.
- Vehicular Intuition: It is evident that 47 is a very skilled driver, judging from how well he managed to maneuver Dr. Ortmeyer's car past a police blockade (in rainy conditions) at the end of Asylum Aftermath. 47's driving skill is also manifested in his ability to drive specialist motor vehicles - such as a Bus and a large Truck at the end of Amendment XXV and The Meat King's Party, respectively. 47's vehicular skills are not just limited to cars - He is seen piloting helicopters, planes and boats numerous times throughout the series.
- Master Martial Artist: As a professional assassin, 47 is a extremely lethal fighter and accomplished martial artist. He can swiftly engage armed and unarmed enemies render them unconscious and disarm their weapons and use it against them.He is also skilled at taking on several enemies unarmed and survive. He fought Sanchez in a one on one fight match and defeated him by snapping his neck. In a bar fight in South Dakota he swiftly engage patrons and incapacitate them with no harm done to him
- Espionage Expertise: He is also resourceful enough to maintain anonymity by avoiding leaving forensic evidence for law enforcement agencies to discover through various methods.
- Marksmanship: He is a perfect marksman, so well that the newspaper in Hitman: Blood Money called him "Legendary Agent 47".
- Anatomical Knowledge: 47 also has a detailed understanding of human anatomy and human nature, shown through his use of poisons, and sedatives, as well as striking vital points when strangling targets silently or using hand to hand combat. He knows exactly what parts of the human body to shoot that would be a survivable shot, a fatal shot or even a slow painful shot which 47 has used to interrogate one of his victims.
- Master Strategist: He also knows how best to move throughout an area without catching the attention of civilians or armed guards. He is also able to face multiple enemies unarmed and survive the encounter unharmed.
- Indomitable Willpower: Whatever the odds, 47 never panics. He always keeps his composure and clear mind to the point of being perfectly aware of all his surroundings and constantly calculates his every action, never losing focus.
Agent 47 has shown preference for certain weapons throughout the games, first preferences ingrained into him by his training and then upgrading to more efficient equipment as needed. As the Agency's top assassin, Agent 47 also has access to their highly modular standard issue arsenal.
- Fiber Wire
- Agency Tanto Knife (Hit-man: Absolution)
- Combat Knife (Hit-man: Codename 47)
- Syringes (sedative and poison) (Hit-man: Blood Money) (used as knife type in Hitman: Absolution)
- Anaesthetic (Hitman 2: Silent Assassin)
- Agency Jagd P22G (Hit-man: Absolution)
- Agency Swiss 3000 (Hit-man: Absolution)
*Circumstantially Agent 47 acquires the Mustang Snub, Aries 24-7, Jagd P22G and Wade's SA .44 Auto between the Hit-man: Absolution missions Terminus and Birdie's Gift.
- Kazo TRG (Epilogue, Hitman: Absolution)
- Agency Kazo TRG (Hitman: Sniper Challenge)
- W2000 (Hitman: Blood Money)
- R93 (Pre Hitman: Blood Money)
*The M195 anti-material rifle is specifically acquired for the Hit-man 2: Silent Assassin mission,The Motorcade Interception.
Machine Pistols and Sub-machine-Guns
- Agency Dynamics CPW (Machine Pistol) (Hit-man: Absolution)
- Agency HX UMP (Sub-machine-Gun) (Hit-man: Absolution)
- SMG Tactical (Sub-machine-Gun) (Hit-man: Blood Money)
- Agency ARZ 160 (Hit-man: Absolution)
- M4 (Hit-man: Blood Money)
- Agency SPS 12 (Hit-man: Absolution)
- SPAS 12 (Hit-man: Blood Money)
- Coins: Used as distractions.
- RU-AP mines (Blood Money only): Remote detonated bombs.
47's Alternate Origins in the 2007 movie adaptation
In the film Hitman (2007), 47 is not a clone but rather an abducted baby orphan trained to be a lethal assassin. He accepts a contract to kill the Russian president Mikhail Belicoff. He is set up by one of Belicoff's body doubles, who stages Belicoff having survived the incident and tries to kill 47. While on the run with Nika Boronina (the real Belicoff's mistress, a witness whom 47 becomes semi-romantic with much like Mei-Ling), he eventually kills the double and escapes arrest with the help of Agent Smith. The film is made and set in 2007.
|“||Thick walls and loads of protection. Even the strongest chain has a weak point, and I'll find this one. But I better consider each step I take in this squeaky, old castle.||„|
|~ Agent 47.|
|“||This room. This bullet. There's a bullet for everyone. And a time, and a place. An end. Yes, maybe this is how it has to be. Inspector, you've obviously learned too much about me. I can't have that. Not even in my death.||„|
|~ Agent 47.|
|“||Names are for friends, so I don't need one||„|
|~ Agent 47.|
List of Disguises
- Originally, Paul Walker was to play Agent 47, but after his death in 2013 after film the Seventh Fast and Furious movie, Rupert Friend took his place.
- 47, and Diana Burnwood, are the only characters that have appeared in every Hitman video game up to date.
- In Hitman: Blood Money, 47 had a pet canary. In the final mission he snaps its neck, though it is not explicitly stated or shown.
- Throughout the series, 47 has gone by many different aliases, including Tobias Rieper, Metzger, Flech Fisher, Lord Sinclair, Doctor Cropes, Jacob Leiter, Mr. Johnson, Mr. Byrd and Ben Franklin.
- One of his aliases, Ben Franklin, is a reference to Benjamin Franklin, "The First American".
- In the 2007 film Hitman, 47's suits are made by Kiton. In Hit-man: Enemy Within, he wears an Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore watch, worth over $10,000.
- According to his ICA File, 47 has six nationalities: American, British, German, Swiss and two others that are censored.
- In several ways, 47 is similar to Solid Snake from the Metal Gear series, both had difficult childhoods, both are clones, both are stealth masters and Snake's personality was somewhat similar to 47's in his youth.
- 47 loses his temper multiple times in the series.
- The first time is when Diana stabs him with a medical syringe in Blood Money. He angrily yells "bitch!" and attempts to attack her.
- In Absolution, 47 has Wade in a choke-hold and angrily says "Hope, South Dakota. You're a long way from home!"
- The third time is when he smacks a bartender's head against a table after asking for Lenny in the bar on the outskirts of Hope.
- Fourth, when he says "Remember me?" to Sanchez before breaking his neck in the Dexter Industries fighting ring.
- Fifth, when he headbutts Blake after he taunts Victoria.
- The final time he loses his temper is when he steps on Skurky's wounded thigh after he tells 47 to "go fuck [him]self".
- HITMAN 2018 series, it is revealed that 47 has have been reunited with his long lost best friend and fellow enhanced clone, Subject 6, also known as the Shadow Client or Lucas Gray.