|“||Magic is really very simple. All you have to do is want something, then let yourself have it!||„|
Splendora Agatha "Aggie" Cromwell is one of the main protagonists in the Halloweentown Series. She is the mother of Gwen and grandmother of Marnie, Dylan, and Sophie. She is the daughter of Marvin, Merlin's cousin.
She was portrayed by late Debbie Reynolds from fourth films who also voices Charlotte A. Cavatica and as younger Sara Paxton from final film.
|“||Being normal is vastly overrated.||„|
She was the Queen of Halloweentown, as Marnie discovers when she goes back in time. Splendora reveals her preference to be called 'Aggie'. Splendora (Aggie) later mentions that she will be the one to train Marnie, and Marnie says "See you in a thousand years, Grandma".
Halloweentown II: Kalabar's Revenge
Aggie helps Marnie enroll Halloween Town teenagers at the local high school. The family get her hired as a science teacher, but she goofs it up. Then she gets transferred to History, where she makes fun of the inaccuracy of the books. Then P.E., where she hasn't a clue what sports are.
Return to Halloweentown
Aggie is traveling with Sophie to complete her witch's training. She visits Marnie as a magical projection.
Power & Abilities
Magic: Being a witch, Aggie possesses a wide variety of conjugation and manipulation powers. As Aggie put it "magic is very simple. You have to want something, and then let yourself have it."
- Longevity: As a witch, Aggie has lived a very long time. She has been around since prior to the Renaissance, and even was asked by Shakespeare to take part in The Tempest.
- Dimension Manipulation: Aggie has the ability to create and hide an extra room in her family's home. As well as using her magic bag to pull out items from her house in Halloween Town. In the fourth film, its mentioned she's traveling through time and realities to train Sophie.
- Creation: Aggie turned Phillip's walking stick into a snake to spook him after finding out he was a descendant of the Knights of the Iron Dagger. She even somehow caused a parrot and a llama to appear in her science classes.
- Curses: Aggie can cast them and break them. From simply undoing the Grey Spell with "trapa" to having to recite the Creature Spell backwards in its entirety. "Crypto fragilious" is another magic reversal.
- Potion Brewing; Aggie is proficient in creating brews she needs; though she admits creating one without the real ingredients for one has low success.
- Weather Manipulation: Aggie called upon a rain shower to erase a drawing of a dagger (calling card of the Knights of the Iron Dagger) in the schoolyard.
- Banishing Spell: By shouting "Crypto Thunderous", Aggie can send away any targets she wishes; like Dalloway and the Halloween props he brought to life.
- Eradication Spell: Using Merlin's talisman, Aggie is able to destroy evil beings; though in the case of Kalabar, it took the combined strength of five Cromwells to destpry him.
- Communication Spell: Using her witch's glass, Aggie can project her imagine into any reflective surface someone she wishes to contact is near.