|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Alastor (Hazbin Hotel) contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
Alastor is one of the main characters of the internet adult animated musical sitcom Hazbin Hotel.
He is the infamous entity known as "The Radio Demon" and is one of the many powerful Overlords of Hell. He has offered to assist Charlie in her endeavors, albeit, for his own amusement.
He is voiced by Edward Bosco in his normal voice while his singing voice is provided by Gabriel C. Brown.
Alastor's tall and very thin, has pale skin, sharp yellowed teeth, and short red and black tufts of hair or fur resembling deer ears. He has two small black antlers, which can grow in his demonic form. He has red in his sclera and a brighter red for the iris of the eyes, his pupils are black which can change into radio dials in his Radio Demon form. He always keeps a wide smile on his face.
Alastor wears a bright red dress shirt with two black marks that cross each other, underneath a pinstriped dark red coat along with burgundy dress pants, bow tie with a bright red knot, and black shoes. He has a burgundy/black oval-shaped monocle over his right eye, he also wears burgundy gloves with bright red marks showing where his nails and knuckles are. He carries a cane with a vintage style microphone attached to it.
Alastor's voice sounds like a scratchy old radio speaker, fitting given his moniker as the Radio Demon.
Alastor is always shown smiling and acts polite. The reason he never stops smiling's that he believes it shows power and dominance. If a rival were to frown, he would see them as weak.
Alastor's capable of immense cruelty as he enjoys the suffering of others, noted by his amusement of the Great Depression, and the number of orphans that it caused. He also hates being touched, which was told by Vivziepop (the creator) in a stream. While eerily happy, he also doesn't hold back from how evil he is, as he stated to Vaggie that if he wanted to harm anyone in the hotel he would have done so already.
Alastor dismisses that redemption is possible for sinners, and sums it up as "wacky nonsense". Despite this, he still gives his support to Charlie and her hotel, but rather for his own entertainment than idealism. He has stated a desire to watch sinners struggle to try and better themselves, only to watch them repeatedly fail.
Alastor is asexual, as shown with him rejecting Angel Dust's advances (and even seeming momentarily thrown off by them). Despite this, he's still willing to act in a charming manner and dance with Charlie, as well as slap Vaggie's rear-end just to annoy her.
Vaggie refers to Alistor as "a violent monster of chaos", the reason she regards him as dangerous.
Most of Alastor's life as a living human is unknown, but he was known to be a serial killer who cannibalized some of his victims. According to Vaggie, he is much younger (as a demon) than most other Overlords, his rise to the top being something of a success story. Having arrived in Hell around the time radio became popular (early 20th Century) he managed to topple Overlords who had been in power for centuries, using the new medium of entertainment to broadcast his rise to prominence and authority.
- From the official Twitter: "He has grown into an all-powerful tyrant who destroys anyone standing in the way of his cryptic goals."
- Alastor is asexual, as seen with him bluntly rejecting Angel Dust's advances.
- In the past, Vivzie stated he was shot and killed by a deer hunter, his cause of death was replaced by a dog-related incident.
- Whenever he speaks, his voice sounds as though it is being spoken through a vacuum tube radio. Hence the title, "Radio Demon".
- Alastor can be translated from ancient Greek to the spirit of revenge.
- In the past, Vivzie stated he was shot and killed by a deer hunter, however, this may be outdated.
- He's very similar to Creepypasta villain Zalgo.
- Alastor is also one of the only main characters who hasn't sworn or said anything inappropriate.
- Alastor truly being a hero is left questionable, as he doesn't actually want to help anyone, merely provide people with false hope so he can watch them constantly fail.