|“||I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us.||„|
|~ Queen Ayren|
After human agents of the Daedric Prince Molag Bal seized control of the White Gold Tower, the High Elves of the Summerset Isles decided that the young race of humans were unfit to rule Tamriel and could bring great calamity. So they reached out to the Wood Elves of Valenwood who's homeland was constantly under threat from humans, and the Khajiit of Elsweyr who were recovering from the Knahaten Flu and promised both of them that their combined power could prevent future disasters from harming their people. The Wood Elves and Khajiit accepted the offer of the High Elves and the Dominion was formed. The dominion races view themselves as the most intelligent, patient and rational races in Tamriel, and humans as too emotional.
- High Elves: The De-Facto rulers of the Dominion, the High Elves are talented wizards and sorcerers and are highly cultural. They mostly keep to themselves, but when a threat comes that threatens their homeland, they will rise to defend it.
- Khajiit: The Khajiit joined the Dominion when Queen Ayren helped Elsweyr recover from the Knahaten Flu. They are stealthy and fierce race of cat like humanoids who serve the Dominion as warriors.
- Wood Elves: The Wood Elves are the best archers in Tamriel who joined the Dominion hoping to prevent humans from destroying their beloved forest home. They serve the dominion as scouts.
- Imperials: With their leaders under the influence of the Daedra, many Imperials have defected from Cyrodil to join the the thee factions, meaning that some Imperials are now members of the Dominion, making them the only human members of the dominion.
- This Aldmeri Dominion would return in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim This time however as antagonists, and as a front for the Thalmor goal of becoming gods and re-shaping reality, which the older Dominion was strictly against as they wanted to save reality.