|“||You two, come out of that bus this instant!||„|
|“||We don't have to fight, you're outnumbered.||„|
|“||You two should spend some time apart.||„|
|~ Alexandrite to Malachite.|
Alexandrite is a massive fusion with bright-magenta skin and six arms. Her eyes are covered by a dark-indigo visor. Instead of a third eye, like Garnet has, she has an alexandrite gem, representing the location of Pearl's gem, with three dark- indigo oval-shaped lenses surrounding it. Alexandrite's primary face functions as a mask, covering a second, monstrous-looking mouth beneath it.
Alexandrite's aqua blue, star-shaped hair is an collision of all the Crystal Gems' hairstyles. The length and wildness of her hair resembles Amethyst's, the top tuft of her hair is styled to a point to resemble Pearl's, the fullness of her hair resembles Garnet's and Ruby's. The color of her hair is from Sapphire.
Alexandrite's attire is a combination of the Crystal Gems's clothing: The teal leggings with a four-pointed star cutout on each knee resemble Amethyst's, the flats and large, dark-mauve shoulder plates resemble Garnet's, and the dark pink belt resembles Pearl's. The gloves on each pair of arms are the skin tone of her three constituent Gems (Violet for Amethyst, magenta for Garnet, and aqua for Pearl).
Alexandrite starts off cold, somewhat distant, intense, and sloppy. As the fusion slowly starts to fail, the Crystal Gems's individual personalities become more prominent, showing Pearl's fear of food, Amethyst's hunger and argumentative personality, and Garnet's social awkwardness, leadership, and control of situations.
During "Fusion Cuisine" she is not shown to have her own personality (Though she has her own voice.), but rather three separate personalities, each one being that of Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl. These personalities can exist at the same time and come into conflict with each other causing Alexandrite to defuse.
After an inappropriate phone conversation between Dr. Maheswaran and Garnet (who pretends to be Steven's mom), Connie's parents wish to meet Steven's parents for dinner. While Steven has a dad, he has three "moms" and he doesn't wish to leave any of them out.
Steven comes up with the idea of fusing the other three Crystal Gems into one Gem that can represent his mom in his nuclear family. After some initial hesitation, they agree to go through with it. Fused together as the enormous Alexandrite, the Gems stomp to their dinner, where the Maheswarans are impatiently waiting. Greg and Steven have trouble fabricating answers to all of the Maheswarans's questions. Once the food is served, Alexandrite has an internal struggle between the Gems to eat or not eat. They fall out of sync and defuse, surprising Connie's parents.
Alexandrite then shows up for a final time when the Gems fuse off-screen in order to track down the runaway Steven and Connie. She is last seen chasing down and picking up the bus the two were riding out of Beach City.
Presumably, Alexandrite possesses standard Gem abilities and traits.
Alexandrite has incredible amounts of physical strength and stamina; her long legs allows her to cover a lot of ground quickly. She uses her sheer strength and size to lift weighted objects, like a bus. Garnet describes her as "an incredible force on the battlefield", making clear Alexandrite is indeed a formidable warrior, capable of anything as long she keeps a singular goal in mind.
Alexandrite can use of all of the weapons the fusers. These include Pearl's spear, Amethyst's whip, Garnet's gauntlets, Opal's longbow, Sugilite's flail, and Sardonyx's war hammer. She can even transform one weapon to the next, as seen in "Super Watermelon Island" where she transformed Sugilite's flail into Sardonyx's hammer.
In addition, Alexandrite can breathe fire from her lower mouth. These flames can disrupt water, even when in Lapis Lazuli (or Malachite's) control.
- Ben Levin stated that, in theory, Alexandrite is taller than Sugilite, due to being composed of four Gems.
- The "face mask" concept resembles the Crystal Temple, as the Crystal Temple is shown having two faces (the first being the mask on its forehead).
- When Alexandrite de-fused, a still frame of animation shows silhouettes of Ruby and Sapphire where Garnet would have been.
- The same frame also seems to show the two quickly grabbing each other, likely to re-fuse quickly and keep their existence secret until Steven's birthday.
- Alexandrite is seen in the mobile video game Attack the Light, as a special attack dealing around seven heavy-damage strikes to all opponents on the field, as well as inflicting the attack down and defense down status conditions. She is the hardest attack to use in the game, as she requires nine Star Points and for Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl to all be at full harmony.
- A glimpse of her fusion dance is shown during this process.
- The difficulty of summoning Alexandrite in the game likely reflects the amount of difficulty fusing into Alexandrite actually takes, and why they don't form Alexandrite often.
- Alexandrite will have a different outfit the next time she is formed, due to Garnet's regeneration in "Jail Break" and Amethyst's regeneration in "Reformed" which was first and only shown in "Super Watermelon Island".
- It is assumed that Alexandrite has Garnet's precognition.
- A hint toward her having Future Vision is that she was able to find the bus quickly and track Steven and Connie down.
- Joe Johnston confirmed that Alexandrite will appear in future episodes with "Super Watermelon Island" being the first and "I Am my Mom" being the recent.
- Alexandrite's weapon was revealed in the book Guide to the Crystal Gems (Steven Universe) It was revealed that her weapon is all of the Gems' weapons.
- Though according to Guide to the Crystal Gems, Alexandrite’s weapon is listed as "All of them".
- Alexandrite was designed by Rebecca Sugar, Colin Howard, and Danny Hynes.
All of Weapons