|SCP-999 believes that this article has stopped in time, and any and all information on it may be outdated.|
Help improve this article by checking and updating it's info wherever necessary
And now time resumes!
Alucard, also known by his real name Adrian Farenheights Tepes, is a protagonist from Castlevania series, he is the son of the main antagonist, Dracula. As the offspring of an unnatural bond between Dracula and a human woman named Lisa, Adrian had special powers, preordained to be stronger than any human but not potentially as strong as his father especially in the dark arts. After Lisa was killed, mistaken for a witch, Adrian grew up under the influence of his father, whence he was taught in the dark arts and molded into a warrior who would one day fight for the side of evil.
Alucard is an adept swordsman, and typically wields one-handed swords. Alucard's other attacks use dark magic. As a shape shifter, Alucard can change into a bat, a wolf, or even mist.
Lords of Shadow
See also: Alucard (Lords of Shadows)
Alucard continually dresses in black, in his 1st appearances carrying the standard dress of a lamia at that point, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (1797) used a additional Romanized and stylish apparel whereas within the installments of the Sorrow heroic tale (Beginning in 2035) he, in his second identity of Genya Arikado, dyes his hair black and wears a black black tie.
Alucard is understood for having a "beautiful" look and herculean strength in addition because the gift of eternal youth, immortality, and the rest you'd like in a very mortal. Alucard is taken into account the representative lamia hybrid as a result of it looks that he combines vampire's traits along with his human aspect (given by his mother), as are often seen in Symphony of the Night. He has vampiric powers like desire and spells, and conjointly possesses human attitudes like consumption, sleeping and, perhaps, being resistant to the daylight.
Alucard, initially look, seems like a cool individual of few words and robust determination. However, he additionally endures nice suffering attributable to his blood curse, a curse to go the planet forever fighting and he suffered deeply thanks to the death of his mother Lisa, by human hands within which created him feel cold and bitterness toward humans. Alucard is hopeless, invariably features a arrange for everything, leaves nothing to likelihood, and can do everything necessary to finish Dracula in spite of the price.
Alucard invariably looks to remain removed from the folks around him, given his vampiric condition. He determined to fully exile himself from the planet underneath a nonstop sleep. He failed to awake from it till Symphony of the Night. It additionally looks that he forges sociability quickly in precarious things, and additionally the help provided as a minor character in Dracula's Curse.
In Symphony of the Night, Alucard feels fully chargeable for addressing Dracula, regardless of the consequences. chatting with Maria, he's indifferent regarding Richter being underneath evil management. Alucard bids a chilly adios to Richter and Maria at the top of Symphony. tho' forges very little human attachment, it's notable in Symphony that once the devil expose as his mother Lisa, Alucard's emotions flaring. Alucard additionally doesn't withhold his feelings to fight all over again against his father, UN agency at the top of the battle quotes some sentences spoken by his mother.
Powers & Abilities
- Dark Magic: Although Alucard can more than hold his own physically, it is magically where he is truly dangerous. Like his father, Alucard can use many types of dark magic, it can be said that his powers is at least 1/2 of what Dracula's is, since Dracula trained him personally. Alucard mastered most of Dracula's own attacks such as Hellfire, Dark Metamorphosis, Tetra Spirit, and Soul Steal.
- Shapeshifting: Alucard can shapeshift into a wolf, bat, and mist to get to certain areas. With the aid of some relics, Alucard can enhance his shapeshifting, his Wolf form can ran faster than a bullet, his Form of Mist can become a Poison Cloud, and his Bat form can fire fireballs and a destructive sonar. It is speculated that Alucard, like Dracula, has a 'final form' that he can transform into, but he refuses to use it as he does not want to be like Dracula in any way; this is supported by the fact that at random, Alucard will turn into a massive gargoyle statue when petrified, which is impervious to damage; this may be his "final form." However, if this is true, there is no way to use the form in-game.
- Speed: He can run faster than a bullet both in his human and wolf form.
- Summoning: Alucard can summon many creatures via Relic Cards, such as an assisting fairy, an elemental spear-wielding demon, a fireball-shooting bat, a soul-stealing ghost or a powerful sentient sword.
- Swordsman skills: Alucard mastered a variety of weapons, but none as he mastered his mother's sword. Seeing as the sword is a family heirloom, Lisa could have come from a lineage of swordsmasters or knights. He also inherited the Alucard Shield that improves defense against all attacks, the Alucard Armor that improves Fire, Ice and Thunder elemental defense, and the Dragon Helmet that scares enemies and lowers their defenses. The Twilight Cloak, from his father, Alucard increases defense and reduces flinching.
- Alucard is "Dracula" spelled backwards, which makes sense as he is Dracula's son. The name Alucard, as well as his being Dracula's son, comes from the 1943 Universal Horror movie Son of Dracula.
- "有角", literally means "Having Horns", possibly clues in to Alucard's dark heritage. "幻", which may refers to "Mirage" or "Illusion", could mean that this identity is just a facade. Also, "Arikado" is a pun that sounds like Alucard through Japanese pronunciation (Arukādo).
- Much is unknown about Alucard's past, particularly his age and when he was born, much less how his father came to have a relationship with Lisa. Chronologically, the events occur sometime before Castlevania III. Alucard is also absent for many of the games in the series. He does not appear after Castlevania III until Symphony of the Night. At the end of Symphony of the Night, he announces his intention to go in to hiding, sparing the world from the cursed blood in his veins. However, he returns in Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow. What he does in these stretches of time, as well as his origins, may be explained in future games.
- The first game where Alucard chronologically appeared was the 1997 Nintendo Game Boy Castlevania Legends as a boss character instead of a playable one.
- Castlevania: Legends was retroactively removed from the Castlevania timeline by current director Koji Igarashi; for some time, there was debate among fans that Konami USA had set up an alternate series canon which included it, focused on a timeline printed in Nintendo Power around the release of the Sorrow series. More recently, Konami USA left out Legends in their Xtreme Desktop Timeline, indicating there is only one version of the timeline currently.
- Alucard is not to be confused with Alucard (Hellsing), who despite sharing a name, is actually a parallel for Dracula himself.
Castlevania/Castlevania II/Castlevania IV
Castlevania: The Adventure/Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge
Akumajō Special: Boku Dracula-kun/Kid Dracula
Castlevania 64/Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Castlevania: Order of Shadows
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia