|“||I could run faster than your podracer.||„|
|~ Young Anakin taunting his opponent in Star Wars Episode I: Racer|
|“||I will be the most powerful Jedi ever.||„|
|~ Anakin in Attack of The Clones.|
|“||You're reckless, little one, you never would've made it as Obi-Wan's Padawan, but you might make it as mine.||„|
|~ Anakin to Ahsoka after the Battle of Christophsis.|
|“||You underestimate my power!||„|
|~ Anakin as Obi-Wan reaches the high ground.|
|“||The Force surrounds you Rey.||„|
|~ Anakin's Force spirit guiding Rey.|
Anakin Skywalker, also known as Darth Vader, is one of the main characters of the Star Wars franchise.
Anakin Skywalker is a legendary Jedi Knight and hero of the Clone Wars. He was the Padawan of Obi-Wan Kenobi, the Master of Ahsoka Tano, the third and final Sith Apprentice of Darth Sidious (after Darth Maul and Count Dooku), the secret husband of Padmé Amidala, the father of Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa, the father-in-law of smuggler Han Solo and the grandfather of Ben Solo.
He is one of the three protagonists (alongside his son Luke and Rey) of the Skywalker Saga, serving as the central antagonist of the original trilogy, as the protagonist of the prequel trilogy, and as a posthumous character in the sequel trilogy. In the original trilogy, he serves as the secondary antagonist of A New Hope, as the main antagonist of The Empire Strikes Back, and as the titular secondary antagonist of Return of the Jedi. In the prequel trilogy, he serves as the deuteragonist of The Phantom Menace, as the protagonist of Attack of the Clones, and as the villainous protagonist of Revenge of the Sith (which tells a tragic story of how he became the evil Darth Vader).
He is also the protagonist of both the 2008 animated movie Star Wars: The Clone Wars and its 2008-2020 TV series of the same name. He was also, as his Darth Vader persona, a major antagonist in the 2016 live-action film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
In the prequel trilogy, he was portrayed by Jake Lloyd as a child in The Phantom Menace. In the Robot Chicken series, he was voiced by Raymond Ochoa, and Matt Levin in the Star Wars: Obi-Wan. In the TV series, he was voiced by Frankie Ryan Manriquez. In LEGO Star Wars, he was voiced by Bronwen Holmes and Grey DeLisle, and as an adult by Hayden Christensen (who also played David Rice in Jumper) in Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith, as well as voice cameo in The Rise of Skywalker.
In the Star Wars: The Clone Wars movie and television series, he was voiced by Matt Lanter.
As Darth Vader, he was portrayed by the late David Prowse while masked, and while unmasked by the late Sebastian Shaw. In Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, he was portrayed by Spencer Wilding and Daniel Naprous; in each of these roles, he was voiced by James Earl Jones, who also provided his voice in the animated television series Star Wars Rebels, and who also voiced Mufasa in Disney's The Lion King. Hayden Christensen was announced to return to the Star Wars franchise as Vader in the upcoming Disney+ show, Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi.
|“||What would have surprised people was how kind he was. He cared deeply about his friends, and looked out for them until the end.||„|
|~ Ahoska Tano telling Ezra about her master and his true personality.|
As a child, Anakin was thoughtful, selfless, brave and very intelligent for his age.
As an adult, Anakin developed into a more prideful, loyal, and reckless young man, but he was still kind, caring and selfless. Although he was a loving person, he was known to hold grudges and was vengeful, but he commonly held these two traits in check sometimes. He also hated being treated unjustly or being wrongly accused, and grew to hate being criticized or lectured.
Despite his pride as a Jedi, Anakin was not above apologizing or admitting when he was wrong; unlike most members of the Jedi Order, he acknowledged his mistakes and learned from them as well, as he was one of the few members of the Jedi Order who knew there was flaws in the Jedi Teachings and the Jedi Code. He was a naturally honest person and despised lying and deception, from his friends, allies and enemies alike. He disliked politics, considering most politicians to be arrogant and greedy.
As his fame grew, he became more prideful and overconfident, as Anakin knew he was one of the best Jedi in the Jedi Order and secretly believing that he could easily best any Jedi blindfolded with his lightsaber tied behind his back. Although he could sometimes be aggressive, brutal, unpredictable and cocky, Anakin still had a strong sense of justice, honor and good morals. He also carried guilt and remorse for his violent deeds and the loss of some of his loved ones, especially the loss of his mother.
As a general within the ranks of the Grand Army of the Republic, Anakin was renowned for his leadership skills and admired by clones, Jedi and politicians alike. Anakin made it clear to those under his command that he would never ask them to do anything he was unwilling to do himself.
During the Clone Wars, Anakin, like his then-apprentice Ahsoka Tano, matured and became more responsible in many ways, but this did not stop him from being reckless and impulsive sometimes. He was not as forgiving as his wife Padmé, as he rarely forgave people in general, particularly Obi-Wan and the other Jedi Masters (like Yoda and Mace Windu), for constantly lying to him or deceiving him.
After he became Darth Vader, Anakin became a cold hearted, ruthless, villainous twisted villain who enforced Darth Sidious' will. Towards the end of his life, Anakin doubted there was any good left in him. His son Luke disagreed, and risked his life to save his father from Sidious' grasp. In the end, it was his son's love for him that brought him back into the light side. It took Luke's torture by Sith lightning to turn Anakin back to the light as he refused to have his son die. Saving his son at the cost of his own life, Anakin completed the prophecy attributed to him at birth by destroying the Sith. This act simultaneously brought balance to the Force and enabled Anakin to transform into a Force spirit.
Powers and Abilities
|“||You were right. The Force within him is stronger than any known Jedi. I've trained him as well as I could but he is still willful and balance alludes him.||„|
|~ Obi-Wan to Qui-Gon on Mortis|
- The Force: As the Chosen One, Anakin was immensely powerful and had an amazingly strong connection to the Force, stronger than any Force user ever in existence and those after him. He also possessed the potential to become the most powerful Force user in the history of the galaxy; according to Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin's Force potential surpassed that of even Yoda and Sheev Palpatine at their peaks. However Anakin full power was never seem, especially after he was burned alive on Mustafar and forced to become a cyborg, it severely weaken his abilites.
- Telekinesis: Anakin utilized Telekinesis either as offensive or defense.
- Force Push: Anakin utilized Force Push to send his opponents flying through the air, causing them serious injury or temporarily incapacitating them/knocked them unconscious.
- Force Pull: Anakin utilized Force Pull to pull his opponents or objects towards him.
- Force Choke: Anakin utilized Force Choke to either weaken, kill or intimidate his opponents.
- Force Grip: Anakin utilized Force Grip to lift his opponents off the ground and into the air to immobilize them.
- Force Crush: Anakin utilized Force Crush to crush objects, including droids.
- Force Barrier: Anakin utilized Force Barrier to created a barrier or wall of Force energy around himself or his allies.
- Force Deflection: Anakin utilized Force Deflection to redirect incoming attacks such as blaster bolts with or without his lightsaber.
- Mind Trick: Anakin utilized Mind Trick to control the minds of other sentient beings, however, it did not work on individuals who have very strong wills.
- Beast Control: Anakin utilized Beast Control to control the minds of animals.
- Force Jump: Anakin utilized Force Jump, to jump or leap at great distances.
- Force Speed: Anakin utilized Force Speed, to move at amazing speed.
- Force Vision: Anakin utilized Force Vision, to have visions of the past, the present and the future; however, like all force users, his visions were not always clear or sometimes had visions even when he was not utilizing this power at will.
- Force Sense: Anakin utilized Force Sense, to sense another sentient being's emotions, the future, ripples in the Force caused by momentous or traumatic events, or impending danger and the presence of the dark side.
- Force Rage: Anakin utilized Force Rage to channel his anger to increase his speed, strength, ferocity and to overwhelmed his opponents. However, doing so ran the risk of being corrupted by the dark side, which.
- Force Drain and Healing: Anakin utilized once a power which is a variation of Force Drain and Healing, managing to transfer the life energy from one individual to another to revive someone from death. It was performed at Mortis by Anakin on the Daughter and Ahsoka Tano. With the Daughter's help, Anakin drained her life energy and transferred it to Ahsoka, bringing his apprentice back to life after the Son killed her.
- Dampen Force: Anakin utilized Dampen Force to temporarily block certain Force powers such as; Force Push or Force Pull.
- Force Spirit: When Anakin died from the injuries he received from Palpatine, after he sacrificed his life to save his son Luke Skywalker, he was able to transcend physical death, preserving his identity through the Force. Anakin was only able to become a Force spirit due to both his immensely powerful connection to the Force and redemption, and he likely learned this from one of the Jedi Masters who learned this power from the Force Priestesses, as Qui-Gon Jinn, Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi.
- Telekinesis: Anakin utilized Telekinesis either as offensive or defense.
- Cyborg Strength: Anakin utilizes his cybernetic hand in combat, as it gave him greater strength to easily subdue, restrain and overpower his opponents.
- Lightsaber Skills: Anakin was extremely skilled in lightsaber combat and an exceptionally gifted duelist. Anakin used his Force powers to increase his physical speed and agility to make his lightsaber skills more lethal in combat; this made him a formidable opponent in single combat. He also possessed the potential to become the greatest lightsaber duelist in the history of the galaxy.
- Form I: Anakin was highly skilled in Shii-Cho.
- Form IV: Anakin was extremely skilled in Ataru.
- Form V: Anakin was a master of Shien/Djem So, considered by many to be the most proficient practitioner of the style.
- Form VI: Anakin was highly skilled in Niman.
- Jar'Kai: Although Anakin was trained in Jar'Kai by Obi-Wan Kenobi, he was not very skilled at it, due to the fact that he did not practice with it much, as he was working on this mostly as an exercise in control, and was doubtful that he would ever need to apply it. Anakin's assumption was proven wrong when he wielded two lightsabers against Dooku during the First Battle of Geonosis; though he was able to briefly catch the Sith Lord off guard, his lack of skill at dual-blade combat resulted in him losing his second lightsaber in mere seconds. During the Clone Wars, Anakin's skills in Jar'Kai greatly improved to the point where he was able to defeat the recently turn Dark Jedi Barriss Offee with little difficulty, thus becoming much more proficient with dual lightsabers.
- Master Hand-To-Hand Combatant: Anakin was highly skilled in unarmed combat.
- Master Marksman: Anakin was very proficient in the use of blaster pistols.
- Master Pilot: Anakin was extremely skilled in piloting various speeders and every type of flying craft. He was the best star-pilot in the history of the galaxy.
- Master Engineer: Even as a child, Anakin was amazingly skilled in engineering for someone of his age. At the age of nine, he was able to successfully build his own podracer, at the age of thirteen, he was able to successfully construct his first blue bladed lightsaber in his first try.
- Genius-Level Intellect/Master Tactician/Leader: Even as a child, Anakin was amazingly intelligent for someone of his age. His intelligence and wisdom surpassed that of even Yoda. As a Jedi General, Anakin was a highly skilled tactician and a very capable leader.
- Multilingual: Anakin was capable of fluently speaking English, Huttese and Bitt.
- Qui-Gon Jinn (First Jedi Master/father figure)
- Obi-Wan Kenobi (Second Jedi Master/best friend/brother figure, later enemy, much later friend after Return of the Jedi's climax)
- Padmé Amidala (secret wife)
- Watto (former owner)
- R2-D2 (droid)
- Shmi Skywalker-Lars (mother)
- Cliegg Lars (step-father)
- Owen Lars (step-brother)
- Beru Whitesun-Lars (step-sister-in-law)
- C-3PO (droid/creation)
- Ahsoka Tano (Jedi Padawan/sister figure/friend)
- Sheev Palpatine/Darth Sidious (Sith Master, now true Archenemy)
- Luke Skywalker (son)
- Leia Organa (daughter)
- Han Solo (son-in-law)
- Ben Solo (grandson)
- Darth Vader at the Villains wiki
- Anakin Skywalker at the Star Wars wiki
- Anakin is featured throughout the Angry Birds Star Wars franchise. He is an NPC during the first game. During the second game, he becomes playable. His ability is identical to Luke Skywalker's: slashing forward with his lightsaber. He, as is Luke Skywalker, is portrayed by Red from Angry Birds.
- Count Dooku's last words to Anakin before the former murders him under Palpatine's orders foreshadow Anakin's betrayal of Windu as well as Anakin killing Padme in anger and his transformation into Darth Vader.
- Anakin and Obi-Wan had the last lightsaber duel in the last film in the prequel trilogy and the first lightsaber duel in the first film of the original trilogy.
- In the original ending of Return of the Jedi and its 1997 special edition release, Anakin's ghost appears as a man in his early eighties, with fading hair, and a smiling face. In the new ending of Return of the Jedi since the 2004 DVD release, Anakin's ghost looks very identical to his appearance from Revenge of the Sith.
- Anakin eventually kills both of his masters on a Death Star in the original trilogy. He killed his Jedi master on the first death star in A New Hope and his Sith master on the second death star in Return of the Jedi.