AncientGreymon is one of the heroes in the Digimon Frontier movie, Island of the Lost Digimon.
AncientGreymon is a Mega-Level Digimon that resembles the parts of Agunimon and BurningGreymon.
He died along with the other Ten Legendary Warriors when they defeated Lucemon years ago and imprisoned him in the center of the Digital World. He created the Spirits of Fire, Agunimon and BurningGreymon.
In the movie, AncientGreymon and AncientGarurumon were revived after Kotemon's sacrifice. The two ancient warriors defeated Onismon once and for all and disappeared without a trace.
Possessing the attribute of "flame", it is one of the Ten Legendary Warriors who saved the Ancient Digital World. A Mega Digimon who existed only in the distant past, it is told that its strength surpasses that of current Megas, and it is certainly an "Ultimate" being. AncientGreymon's abilities were later passed on to the "Dragon Digimon" of the Greymon-species. It is said that in the previous crusade, it survived to the end alongside AncientGarurumon, and sealed away Lucemon . Its Special Moves are gathering the spirit of the land and creating a tornado to swallow up the opponent and blow them away (Gaia Tornado), and inducing a super-detonation over the surrounding kilometers alongside an intense flash (Omega Burst).
Powers and Abilities
- Fire Manipulation - User can create, shape and manipulate fire, the rapid oxidation of a material in the exothermic chemical process of combustion, releasing heat, light, and various reaction products, flame being the visible portion of the fire. Depending on the substances alight, and any impurities outside, the color of the flame and the fire's intensity will be different.
- Fire Embodiment - The user becomes a physical manifestation or personification of the element fire. As a result, the user has limitless control over and immunity to it.
- Dragon Physiology - User with this ability either is or can transform into a Dragon; a legendary creature, typically depicted with serpentine or reptilian traits, that features in the myths of many cultures. There are two distinct cultural traditions of dragons: the European Dragon, derived from European folk traditions and which is ultimately related to Greek and Middle Eastern mythologies, and the Chinese Dragon, with counterparts in Japan, Korea and other East Asian countries. Broadly speaking, dragons can be divided into following groups:**Western Dragons, typically depicted as a huge fire-breathing, scaly and horned lizard-like creature, with leathery, bat-like wings, with four legs and a long muscular tail. It is sometimes shown with feathered wings, crests, fiery manes, ivory spikes running down its spine and various exotic colorations. Dragon's blood often has magical properties. The typical dragon protects a cavern or castle filled with gold and treasure and is often associated with a "great" hero who tries to slay it. Though a winged creature, the dragon is generally to be found in its underground lair, a cave that identifies it as an ancient creature of the earth.
- Asian Dragons, typically portrayed as long, scaled, serpentine creatures with four legs. Traditionally they symbolize potent and auspicious powers, particularly control over water, rainfall, hurricane, and floods, and are also a symbols of power, strength, and good luck. They have also extended range of supernatural powers, changing size or form (most are able to take human shape), fly among the clouds or hide in water, form clouds, turn into water, change color as an ability to blend in with their surroundings as an effective form of camouflage or glow in the dark.
- Lesser Drakes is something of a catch-all category, including the lesser dragon-like beings, such as wyverns, worm/wyrms, lindworms, etc., which are generally smaller and more animal-like in mind and behavior.
- Gaia Tornado: Gathers the spirit of the land and creates a tornado to swallow up the opponent and blow them away.
- Omega Corona (Omega Burst): Induces a super-detonation over the surrounding kilometers alongside an intense flash
- His spirit forms are: the Human Spirit of Fire (Agunimon) and the Beast Spirit of Fire (BurningGreymon).