|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Ann Takamaki contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|SCP-999 believes that this article has stopped in time, and any and all information on it may be outdated.|
Help improve this article by checking and updating its info wherever necessary.
And now time resumes!
Ann Takamaki, also known as Panther, is one of the main characters and party members in the video game Persona 5. Ann is a quarter-American teenage girl who has lived much of her life abroad; a second-year student at Shujin Academy; and one of the founding members of the Phantom Thieves of Hearts. She joins the group to get revenge on Suguru Kamoshida for the sexual abuse of her friend Shiho Suzui, which led to her attempting suicide. Her initial Persona is Carmen and her Ultimate Persona is Hecate.
She is voiced by Nana Mizuki in the Japanese version, and by Erika Harlacher in the English version.
Ann has bright blue eyes and ash blonde wavy hair styled in bushy pigtails, with parted side bangs on the right side of her face. She accessorizes with a single yellow hair clip above her left ear, as well as small circular earrings on both ears. It is implied she is of mixed ethnicity; her surname is Japanese implying partial Japanese descent, she mentions she used to live in Finland possibly implying she is of Finnish descent, and her profile mentions she is 1/4 American. She is a relatively tall young woman, standing taller than both Haru and Makoto, who are both a full year older than her.
|“||Are you really a bad person as the rumour says?....You just don't seem like it.||„|
|~ Ann to the Phantom, seeing past the rumours spread about him|
Ann is a very compassionate, and sweet person, noted by both Morgana and Sojiro. Most of her time spent at Shujin has been that of loneliness, as a half-American she's branded a 'foreigner' despite her birthplace being Japan. This has result in her having to endure untold levels of nasty rumours, and not having many friends except for Shiho Suzui. She's a good judge of character, partially shown in the people she befriends. While she seems distant and quiet at first, partially because of the rumors but also because she's being used by the gym teacher Kamoshida. This changes once she opens up to the protagonist, and decides to see him for who he really is. Even more so when she joins the Thieves themselve, she can be laidback, carefree and genuinely happy. She's also not uncomfortable around guys, to a point where she doesn't mind sleeping in the same room as them or resting her head on Ryuji's back.
Her good sense is also what allows her to forgive Makoto, after she decides to hear her side of the story regarding the whole Kamoshida business. The abuse she's had to suffer from both the rumors, and Kamoshida, is part of what makes her the moral center of the Thieves. Thanks her friend Shiho, who decided to get to know the real Ann, Takamaki decides to show the same courtesy towards others. She questions on whether "changing someone's heart" is the right thing to do, while still ascertaining that the number one priority is to use their abilities to help people in trouble.
Super Smash Bros.
Ann appears on the Joker's final smash and a background character on the Mementos stage, she is also one of the Joker's DLC spirits, she's a advanced-ranked primary attack-type spirit that increases the user's fire attacks. Her spirit battle is against red Zero Suit Samus and giant Princess Peach on castle siege, only Zero Suit Samus needs to be defeated to win.
|“||I’ve had enough of this... I hate him! But still...Shiho’s my best friend. SHE’S ALL I HAVE LEFT IN THAT SORRY EXCUSE OF A SCHOOL!!!||„|
|~ Ann’s breakdown.|
- Ann acts as a contrast to Yukari Takeba. Both have a Persona of the Lovers Arcana, are the first female member the protagonist meets in the game, have an interest in fashion and are in the same class and age group as the protagonist. However:
- Yukari is a model student who makes friends quite easily, but is afraid to let anyone get too close to her with fear that they'll find out about her shady past. Ann, on the other hand, is isolated by everyone, doesn't make friends easily but opens up to the people close to her.
- Yukari gets average grades in nearly all subjects, while Ann does poorly in most subjects but aces English.
- Yukari made a choice to live alone, as she considered it easier than living with her mother, while Ann lives alone unwillingly due to her parents' job taking them overseas.
- Yukari's parents both play a big role in her story and personality, while Ann's parents are barely even mentioned.
- Yukari is fairly self-absorbed and often fails to consider other people's feelings, while Ann is far more empathetic and can easily connect another's situation to her own.
- Yukari gets extremely angry at Mitsuru Kirijo for keeping secrets from the rest of SEES, to the point of holding a grudge against her for months on end, while Ann immediately forgives Makoto after learning her side of the story in the Kamoshida incident.
- Finally, while both have known Ryuji/Junpei Iori since middle school, Yukari and Junpei have been friends for years despite bickering frequently, while Ann and Ryuji don't truly become friends until they both join the Thieves and, overall, they argue a lot less, with Ann's side being limited to playful teasing.
- Ann's Zodiac sign, Scorpio, which is noted for being a sign representing mysteriousness, may align with the fact that Carmen, her initial Persona, was a gypsy woman who used her charm to win over the hearts of unsuspecting men and then twist them to her will, and her Ultimate Persona, Hecate, was the goddess of magic and witchcraft in Greek mythology.
- Additionally, much like all of the Thieves' starting Personas, Carmen is symbolic with Ann's own story; Carmen foresaw her fate in her cards, namely that she would be killed by a former lover of hers, but accepted her fate as she refused to let herself be controlled by anyone. Similarly, Ann was well aware of the consequences of going against Kamoshida, but did so anyway as she refused to be his slave, which led to Shiho being sexually abused to the point that she attempted suicide.
- Ann's Metaverse outfit is based on Catwoman's costume. When the group are coming up with a codename for her, one of the options Joker can suggest is "Kitty Woman."
- Ann, along with Joker, Morgana, and Sophia appear in Dragalia Lost as part of a crossover event. All four of them go by their codenames in the event.
Persona 3 Social Links
Persona 4 Social Links
Persona 4 Arena
Persona 4: Dancing All Night
Persona 5 Scramble/Strikers
Persona 5 Confidants
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth