|“||My name's Anne. Anne Boonchuy.||„|
|~ Anne introducing herself.|
Anne Boonchuy is the main protagonist of the Disney TV show Amphibia. She is a 13 year-old-girl, who stumbles upon a magical chest, that takes her, Sasha and Marcy to Amphibia and became friends with Sprig Plantar, a 10-year-old frog.
As a toddler, she is voiced by Kai Zen.
Anne is a Thai-American teenage girl of medium height, with a slender build, light brown skin, and auburn hair.
Anne wears a schoolgirl uniform as her everyday outfit. It consists of a white shirt with a pink collar and "SJMS" coat of arms on it, a short purple skirt, white socks, and a single yellow and white sneaker on her left foot.
She also carries a magenta pink backpack.
When she arrived in Amphibia, Anne went through a messy situation, which leads her into a dirty and incomplete form of herself.
- To accompany her auburn hair, Anne has 2 leaves and a small stick that are always on her.
- She misses a sneaker on her right foot.
- Her shirt has a stain on the bottom left side.
Anne is described as a "self-centered" girl. Judging by her appearance, she is a adventurous spirit, curiosity and excitement girl.
When Wally saw "beast" is revealed to be a human girl named Anne Boonchuy, who has been magically transported into their world. After Anne saves him from a giant mantis, Sprig sees her as a hero. Anne later gets captured by an angry mob of frogs led by Mayor Toadstool (Stephen Root), but when two new giant mantises attack she and Sprig work together to defeat them. After beating the bigger of the two mantises, Toadstool suggests running Anne out of town. Sprig stands up to the mob, taking responsibility for her well-being. The Plantars take Anne as their own to everyone's chagrin. Anne now lives with the Plantar's until the valley clears up in a couple of months. In the last scene, Anne pulls out a box that got her there in the first place and tries to get it to work. However this time unlike before it doesn't work making the box looks like a normal one. This troubles Anne, causing herself to resign to her current fate.
When Anne and Plantars family went to stops at a town where its citizens marvel at Anne's appearance. This leads them to an oddities wax museum, where they meet the Curator who shows off the various wax statues he has on display. When Anne comes across a portable CD player that came from her world, she allows herself to be put on display for a day so she can obtain it. She goes back later that night to prepare, but the Curator traps her and attempts to permanently encase her in wax. When the Plantars discover Anne missing, they go back to the oddities museum and try to free her. They find out that the wax "statues" are actually live creatures where they free them and save Anne. The creatures drag the Curator into a room as red wax spills under the door. Sprig is able to get the CD player and the family makes their final push to Newtopia.
- Anne is the first leading animated character in television history to be Thai-American and the second leading Asian-American animated character on Disney Channel.
- Before her there was Jake Long from American Dragon: Jake Long, who is of Chinese-American descent.
- Anne's parents are both Thai, but they immigrated to the United States, probably before her birth as Anne is an English name.
- Before being teleported to Amphibia, Anne lived in California.
- Anne is not fluent in Thai as she stopped studying it during elementary school.
- Anne's mother is voiced by On Braly, Matt Braly's mother.
- In the Thai dub, Anne's mother is voiced by a different woman.
- Anne has a cat named Domino, found when she was still a stray cat, to which she is very fond.
- In her school, Anne is bullied by a girl named Maggie.
- Anne attends a Catholic middle school where students wear uniforms.
- Anne was part of her school's Tennis Varsity, which explains why she often carries a tennis racket with her.
- Anne did a bouldering Club in her school.
- Anne's appearance is based on what Matt Braly's grandmother looked like when she was a child.
- Anne's parents are the owners of a Thai restaurant named Thai Go near their home.
- Anne's living room was shown in an episode, however, it is unclear whether she lives in an apartment or a house in a neighborhood.
- Anne is an only child.
- Anne does read books about zoo and manga sometimes.
- Before meeting the Plantar family, Anne hated frogs.
- Anne was teleported to Amphibia the day of her thirteen birthday and her parents had planned a party at home.
- In the first season, Anne been living in Amphibia for more than 3 months.
- In the second season, Anne has currently been living in Amphibia for more than 4 months.
- Anne and Sasha known each other since kindergarten.
- in "Quarrler's Pass", it's implied that Anne may or may not has a boyfriend.
- In "A Caravan Named Desire", it's revealed that as a child, Anne once accidentally ruined a school play after falling on a child who played the part of a toothbrush, causing a fire to break out and making her classmates scream and run away
- She deems this experience was traumatic and traumatizing for her, leading her to have a hatred for school plays.