This Article Contains Spoilers -
WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
|“||All I wanted was this town's respect. But just because these people treated me crummy doesn't mean I'm gonna do the same to them. I'm done with this! I don't care if they've broken the law, you can't treat people like this!||„|
|~ Anne stands for Wartwood citizens - her famous line.|
|“||Give him back! GIVE... HIM... BACK!||„|
|~ Angered Anne tells Andrias to return Sprig, also her second famous line.|
|“||You know, before I ended up in Amphibia, I didn't care about right and wrong: I just did what was easy, I let people walk all over me. And I think that's because, I didn't love myself, not really. But meeting you three has changed all of that, and these months we spent together have showed me the person I really wanna be. Trap or not, I have to do this.||„|
|~ Anne to Plantars, about how they and months in Amphibia helped her realize who she wants to be.|
Anne Savisa Boonchuy is the main protagonist of the Disney Channel TV show Amphibia. She is a 13 years old Thai-American girl from Los Angeles, who stumbles upon a relic called the Calamity Box, that takes her and her best friends, Sasha Waybright and Marcy Wu to Amphibia, a world of antropomorphic frogs, eventually become close friend and honorary member of Plantar Family, specially Sprig Plantar. She represents the Blue Gem of Heart on the Calamity Box.
Anne is a Thai-American teenage girl of medium height, with a slender build, light brown skin, and auburn hair.
Anne wears a schoolgirl uniform as her everyday outfit. It consists of a white shirt with a pink collar and "SJMS" coat of arms on it, a short purple skirt, white socks, and a single yellow and white sneaker on her left foot.
Her shirt still gets stained when she is transported back to Amphibia and loses yet another shoe in Commander Anne.
After returning to Earth, she wore her casual clothes instead of her school uniform. These consisted of a white t-shirt with pink sleeves and an orange flame symbol on the front, light blue jean shorts, a yellow jacket with pockets and a dark frog symbol at the back that she tied around her waist, a pair of white socks with pink colors at the toe areas and a pair of purple and white sneakers.
Toward the end of her first stay in Amphibia and upon her return, she wears a gold chest armor with blue trim and frog symbol.
She also carries a magenta pink backpack.
When she arrived in Amphibia, Anne went through a messy situation, which leads her into a dirty and incomplete form of herself.
- To accompany her auburn hair, Anne has 2 leaves and a small stick that are always on her.
- She misses a sneaker on her right foot.
- Her shirt has a stain on the bottom left side.
Anne is described as a "self-centered" girl. Judging by her appearance, she is an adventurous spirit who is very curious and easily excited.
When Wally claims he saw a "beast", it's revealed to be a human girl named Anne Boonchuy, who has been magically transported into their world. After Anne saves him from a giant mantis, Sprig sees her as a hero.
Anne later gets captured by an angry mob of frogs led by Mayor Toadstool (Stephen Root), but when two new giant mantises attack, she and Sprig work together to defeat them.
After beating the bigger of the two mantises, Toadstool suggests running Anne out of town. Sprig stands up to the mob, taking responsibility for her well-being. The Plantars take Anne as their own to everyone's chagrin. Anne now lives with the Plantar's until the valley clears up in a couple of months.
In the last scene, Anne pulls out a box that got her there in the first place and tries to get it to work. However, this time, unlike before, it doesn't work, making the box looks like a normal one. This troubles Anne, causing herself to resign to her current fate.
Anne and Plantar family eventually stop at a town where its citizens marvel at Anne's appearance. This leads them to an oddities wax museum, where they meet the Curator who shows off the various wax statues he has on display.
When Anne comes across a portable CD player that came from her world, she allows herself to be put on display for a day so she can obtain it. She goes back later that night to prepare, but the Curator traps her and attempts to permanently encase her in wax. When the Plantars discover Anne missing, they go back to the oddities museum and try to free her.
They find out that the wax "statues" are actually live creatures where they free them and save Anne. The creatures drag the Curator into a room as red wax spills under the door. Sprig is able to get the CD player and the family makes their final push to Newtopia.
To be added
- Blue Gem Powers: After Anne was transported to Amphibia through the Calamity Box, Anne seems to have gained the power of the blue gem. It's first hinted in the pilot when Anne's eyes glow blue. Given the blue gem represents Heart, Anne's powers react to her emotions. This happened when she protected Sprig, risking her safety for a stranger, she utilized a lot more strength than she normally could, and again in "Handy Anne" because seeing the Plantar's house she promised to take care of was destroyed for a few moments she had a boost is speed, agility, combat prowess and courage, even to the point of yelling at Veggierobo. While the blue gem was recharging, Anne left and took the gem before it was fully charged when she heard her friends screaming thinking they were in danger, and following the events of "True Colors", Anne retained her powers of the blue gem. When King Andrias dropped Sprig to spite her, the grief caused by thinking her best friend Sprig had fallen to his doom allowed her to draw on the power within the Calamity Box causing both her eyes and hair to glow neon blue, twigs and branches left in her hair becoming permanent wooden horns, and having leaves flow around in her hair and around her. Anne's powers enhance her physical abilities, gaining strength, speed, and agility. In "The New Normal", Anne's powers take a toll on her after using them, given that she couldn't seem to control her powers, Anne was left greatly exhausted, and claims to feel "bad" after using them. Despite the loss of stamina after using them, Anne seemed to get better control of her abilities after each use as Anne could only manifest them as blue energy around her eyes and fists and damage part of the Cloak-Bot, while in "Anne-sterminator", she manifested them as a flaring blue aura of intense energy and kicked the damaged Cloak-Bot into low orbit before it self-destructed. Anne displayed some degree control of her powers as seen in "Escape to Amphibia" as she is able to activate them at will and with no sign of fatigue after using them. When not using her full power, her hair will take on a darker shade, jagged and inconsistently flowing style. Moreover, she released energy with greater intensity than the last two times she used them since her first return to Earth.
- Enhanced Strength: Anne's exerts far greater strength to deliver more powerful strikes. She is able to land a punch on King Andrias, a new who is three times her size, destroy his Frobots, and break through Andrias' energy shield. She is also able to greaty damage Cloak-Bot, and than when she fought it again she kicked it so hard that send it into orbit before it self-destructed.
- Teleportation/Flight/Enhanced Speed: Anne can move so fast than the eye could that it looks like she teleported as she can vanish and reappear within seconds when battling King Andrias in his castle along with being able to move rapidly while mid-air. Anne quickly dodged two Frobots' lasers that ended up destroying each other in the process.
- Enhanced Agility: During her fight with Andrias' Frobots, Anne effortlessly dodged all of their lasers while in mid-air.
- Energy Manipulation: Anne can generate multiple blasts of intense blue energy powerful enough to make Andrias' Frobots and castle pillars explode when hit. She can also create a blue aura that seems to act as a propulsion boost for her agility.
- Energy Infusion: Using her raw power, Anne can power machines as she is able to strengthen and increase of the size of the portal to Amphibia. Ally and Jess describe Anne as being a human battery.
|“||I'm a human being. And I come from...ANOTHER WORLD!||„|
|~ Anne introducing herself to Sprig.|
|“||Looks like I'm gonna be here for a while.||„|
|~ Anne unable to transport back home.|
|“||They're not just frogs. THEY'RE MY FRIENDS!!!||„|
|~ Anne defeats Sasha in their battle.|
|“||The three of us may have made some mistakes. But you? You're evil! And I'm gonna stop you. Right here, right now!"||„|
|~ Anne standing up to King Andrias.|
|~ Anne shouts out she’s home.|
|“||Hey, Andrias! Merry Christmas!||„|
|~ Anne about to destroy the possessed Santa robot and Andrias' drone prototype controlling it.|
|“||You right, X. I am just a kid. But today reminded me that with the right people by my side I can do anything!||„|
|~ Anne responds at Mr. X for calling her a kid.|
|“||Wait, did I just outsmart you?||„|
|~ Anne buying her time to survive.|
|“||Don't cry, Sprig. It's okay. Saving this world was the best decision I've ever made... I only rerget is that... I never... got to see Love Choice 2...||„|
|~ Anne's last words before dying.|
|“||What's everyone looking at?||„|
|~ Anne after being resurrected by the Guardian of the Calamity Gems.|
|“||Change can be difficult, but it's how we grow. It can be the hardest thing to realize you can't hold on to something forever. Sometimes, you have to let it go. But of the things you let go, you'd be surprised what makes its way back to you.||„|
|~ Anne narrating the end of the series.|
- Anne is the first leading animated character in television history to be Thai-American and the second leading Asian-American animated character on Disney Channel.
- Before her there was Jake Long from American Dragon: Jake Long, who's of Chinese-American descent.
- The second animated Disney Thai-American lead character is Molly McGee.
- Anne's parents are both Thai, but they immigrated to the United States, probably before her birth as Anne is an English name.
- Before being teleported to Amphibia, Anne lived in California.
- Anne isn't fluent in Thai as she stopped studying it during elementary school.
- Anne's mother is voiced by On Braly, Matt Braly's mother.
- In the Thai dub, Anne's mother is voiced by a different woman.
- Anne has a cat named Domino, found when she was still a stray cat, to which she is very fond.
- In her school, Anne is bullied by a girl named Maggie.
- Anne attends a Catholic middle school where students wear uniforms.
- Anne was part of her school's Tennis Varsity, which explains why she often carries a tennis racket with her.
- Anne did a bouldering Club in her school.
- Anne's appearance is based on what Matt Braly's grandmother looked like when she was a child.
- Anne's parents are the owners of a Thai restaurant named Thai Go near their home.
- Anne is an only child.
- Anne reads books about zoos and manga sometimes.
- Before meeting the Plantar family, Anne hated frogs.
- Anne was teleported to Amphibia on the day of her thirteen birthday, and her parents had planned a party at home.
- In the first season, Anne been living in Amphibia for more than 3 months.
- In the second season, Anne has currently been living in Amphibia for more than 4 months.
- Anne and Sasha have known each other since kindergarten.
- in "Quarrler's Pass", it's implied that Anne may or may not have a boyfriend.
- In "A Caravan Named Desire", it's revealed that as a child, Anne once accidentally ruined a school play after falling on a child who played the part of a toothbrush, causing a fire to break out and making her classmates scream and run away.
- She deems this experience was traumatic and traumatizing for her, leading her to have a hatred for school plays.
- Although in "The First Temple" she was seen in a school play in flashback.
- It is implied by the Cosmic Guardian that Anne will die at the age of 91.