Princess Ariel is a companion of Thundarr the Barbarian. Not much was revealed about Ariel's history before she met Thundarr except that she was the step daughter of an evil wizard named Sabian and that she learned knowledge of magic and the Earth's history from his library. She often remarks about the history of the places and things they encounter, but Thundarr and Ookla never seem interested. She has shown to have a crush on Thundarr, but he seems to be oblivious towards her feelings, much to her frustration. Her ethnicity is Asian, as established in the episode "Battle of the Barbarians," which has the trio riding through an ancient Chinatown, and Ariel mentioning that her own ancestors may once have lived in such a community.
Ariel is a slender young woman with dark skin, dark eyes, and raven hair. She dresses in a blue one-piece bathing suit, with a golden belt and gold broaches at the hip. She also has a golden tiara (hidden under hair) with yellow teardrop gem, golden armbands, and yellow high-heeled boots.
- Energy Blast - She often shoots stunning bolts from her hands.
- Disintegration blasts - she has several times used magic power to incinerate objects, usually enemy weapons or Death Flowers.
- Animation - She has animated a stone gargoyle to do her will.
- Barrier - She can form it into a bridge that horses could ride over.
- Teleportation - She is capable of moving herself by surrounded herself in golden sparkles. This may have the limitation of only working on one person at a time.
- Scrying - she can enchant a puddle or other reflective object and use it to view other locations.