This Article Contains Spoilers -
WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Atom Eve contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||Have I ever had a problem speaking up?||„|
|~ Atom Eve.|
|“||I think we should name her Terra. She's our own little piece of Earth.||„|
|~ Samantha to Mark on naming their daughter.|
Atom Eve, real name Samantha Eve Wilkins, is a fictional character superheroine and the tritagonist from the Invincible comics and a main character in its Amazon adaptation, and is his primary love interest eventually becoming his wife. Born to be a weapon for the government, she was saved by her creator, Erias Brandyworth and given to the Wilkins family to be protected. She is capable of manipulating matter and energy at a subatomic level, and spent her teenage years fighting villains as a member of the Teen Team.
She was created by Robert Kirkman and Cory Walker, and first appeared in Invincible #2 in February of 2003.
Atom Eve was created 19 years ago in an experiment to mutate an unborn child and create a weapon for the government. The scientist in charge was ashamed of what he had done so he traded the child with the dead child of another family.
Eve went to live with the Wilkins and they named her Samantha Eve Wilkins. In school she was considered a science prodigy since she already knew everything about any science that anyone could teach her, which turned out to be an early manifestation of her powers. She would practice her powers by changing things such as food and objects, and later donned a costume and fought Killcannon. She also ran into her creator, who had began to watch her from afar, but he rebuffed him due to wearing a costume.
Before becoming a hero she was warned by the mysterious scientist who had helped to create her not to ever use her powers, for they could lead to her downfall. She goes on to defy this warning, realizing that she has the power to change the world for the better and joins the Teen Team, a group of after school super heroes.
She first Meets Invincible during the attempt to Stop the Mauler Twins. Although she was dating Rex at the time the two eventually broke up as did with Invincible breaking up with Amber the two started seeing each other and which ended up falling in love. During their relationship, Atom Eve became pregnant with their first child, but later had it aborted. Despite this hardship, Samantha and mark later married and had a daughter named Terra, and later brought Mark and Anissa's child, Markus, into the family as well.
Samantha Eve was created by Erias Brandyworth and born to unnamed parents alongside unnamed half-siblings, and she was born with powers as she would emit pink energy through her mother's eyes when she was a fetus. Her mother died upon giving birth to Samantha, and Erias would protect his daughter from being used as a weapon by Steven Erickson. Samantha's death was faked by Erias by using the miscarried fetus of Adam and Betsy Wilkins, who adopted Samantha. As a toddler, Samantha showed himself to be highly intelligent, as she helped her babysitter with her science homework and later entered into a school for young scholars. She would also notice a man watching her from afar, who was Erias keeping an eye on his child so she wouldn't fall into the hands of Erickson.
Becoming Atom Eve
While having an argument with her adoptive parents, she was given chicken by Betsy, and discovered her powers when she turned the chicken into a cheeseburger. After practicing her powers on numerous objects, she decided to become a superhero and stopped an animal thief and met her biological father. Erias revealed her origin of being born to be a weapon for the government, but he decided to save her from that fate due to him falling in love with her mother.
She then ignored his warnings of not using her powers in public, and would battle the villain Killcanon. Upon fighting him, Samantha decided to take the name "Atom Eve", and put on a costume and mask to hide her identity. She would later have a confrontation with Erickson, who revealed that her mother was alive and well, but killed her and threatened to kill Brandyworth. With the stress of this knowledge, Atom Eve removed the mental blocks in her mind, allowing her to manipulate living matter.
Samantha would attend Reginald Vel Johnson High School, and would meet Rex Sloan, and the two began a romantic relationship while he was hiding from the government. The two would become partners, with him taking the alias "Rex Splode", and later joined the Teen Team under the leadership of Robot.
When Atom Eve and the Teen Team were battling the supervillains, the Mauler Twins, they encountered the new superhero, Invincible. The next day at school, Samantha would meet Mark Grayson, and learned that he Invincible, but allowed him to keep his identity a secret. She would work with Mark to stop their teacher David Hiles, who was the mysterious bomber, and Invincible flew him to Antarctica to stop him from using his explosives on him.
Following the incident, Samantha would find Rex cheating on her with Dupli-Kate, and broke up with him and spoke to Mark for comfort. She decided to quit the Teen Team, and started to do solo missions with Mark, and she would assist Invincible and the new Guardians of the Globe in battling against the Flaxans. The heroes managed to stop the invasion by removing bands from the Flaxans that allowed them to not age quickly, causing the Flaxan leader to call off the invasion and retreat.
Samantha started to become romantically attracted to Mark, but started to date his best friend William Clockwell while Grayson was dating Amber Bennett. However, she would break up with him after graduation due to becoming annoyed with him, and decided to retire from being a superhero to help villagers in Africa. Samantha returned to her heroics when a being known as Omnipotus invaded Earth, and would assist Mark and the Guardians of the Globe in battling against the Sequids.
Powers and Abilities
- Subatomic Manipulation: Atom Eve is able to sense and manipulate matter and energy at the sub-atomic level by sheer willpower. Organic and inorganic matter can be changed into anything she desires. She can augment normally unhealthy food such as cakes and other sweets into nutritious foods as well as re-arrange the environment. Her costume is easily created by altering her clothes to fashion her Atom Eve suit.
- Flight: She can also fly by lowering the density of the air around her as well as creating force fields.
- Force Fields: With her transmutation powers, Eve can create force fields.
- Telekinesis: By using her matter manipulating powers, she is able to levitate, propel and manipulate objects and matter with the energy of her thoughts.
- Energy Blasts: She has learned to channel her transmutation powers into powerful energy blasts capable of affecting matter with concussive and/or explosive force.
- Energy Construct Creation: With her transmutation powers, Eve can make several weapons.
- Elemental Control: By using her ability to manipulate matter on a sub-atomic level, she is able to summon and control the elemental forces of nature.
- Immortality: Eve's powers cause her to regenerate from fatal injuries due to the trauma helping her temporarily overcome the mental blocks that prevent her form affecting organic matter. Also, whenever Eve dies of old age, she immediately resurrects and de-ages to her prime.
- Regeneration: Eve has the ability to recover from life threatening injuries.
- Resurrection: Eve has the ability to restore herself.
- Rapid Caloric Depletion: A downside to Atom Eve's transmutation powers is that she absorbs any unused atoms into her body, which must later be eliminated from her system as waste, She claims that on days when she uses her powers a lot she can "go to the bathroom" six or seven times. When she was pregnant, she used her powers to make a ring and she accelerated her digestion. Using it too much could have killed her child, Terra.
- Mental Blocks: In order to keep her from using the full extent of her powers, the government had installed mental blocks. The mental blocks can be overridden through extreme emotional trauma when Conquest or Ursaal had seemingly killed her. This also happened when Steven Erickson had killed her father and mother. She would use her powers to erase his memories. After they are overridden, she can use her powers on organic matter.
- She had a prosthetic leg due to Robot ripping it, but she eventually grew it back.
- Her name is a obvious pun of Adam and Eve, the first man and woman.