|“||My name is Optimus Prime. We are autonomous robotic organisms from the planet Cybertron.||„|
|~ Optimus Prime|
The Autobots (Autonomous Robots) are a faction of sentient robots from the planet Cybertron, and the main protagonists in the fictional universe of the Transformers, a collection of various toys, graphic novels, paperback books, cartoons and movies first introduced in 1984.
In all but one Transformers story, the "Heroic Autobots" are programmed for heroisms and are opposed by the Decepticons—the main antagonists in Transformers. Both Autobots and Decepticons are humanoid robots that can transform into machines, vehicles and other familiar mechanical objects.
Most of the Autobots can turn into civilian cars, trucks or any types of vehicles but some of them can turn into any aircraft, military vehicles, communication devices, weapons and cyborg animals.
Some can even transform into humans; they'd be classified as pretenders. Most of the Autobot group's names have the suffix "-bot" in them while the Decepticon groups' names end in "-icon".
Notable Autobot Officers
- Dynasty of Primes
- Primon/"The Ancient Robot"
- Prima/"The Powerful Robot"
- Prime Nova/"The Brooding Robot"
- Guardian Prime/"The Pre-Transformer"
- Zeta Prime/"The New Narrator"
- Sentinel Prime/"The U-Haul Robot"(aka Sentinel Major) (killed by Megatron; defected to Decepticons in Dark of the Moon, killed by Optimus Prime)
- Orion Pax/Optimus Prime(killed by Megatron, and later resurrected by Quintessons; died countless times)
- Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime(later referred to as "Rodimus Major" for trademark reasons)
- Dynasty of Primes
- Hound – Mitsubishi J59 (later referred to as "Autobot Hound" for trademark reasons)
- Ironhide – Nissan C20 Vanette (killed by Megatron; killed by Sentinel Prime in Dark of the Moon)
- Jazz (killed by Megatron in 2007 live-action Film)
- Brawn (Killed by Starscream and Megatron)
- Prowl (killed by Scavenger)
- Ratchet (later referred to as "Autobot Ratchet" for trademark reasons; killed by Starscream and Megatron, killed by Cemetery Wind and Lockdown in Age of Extinction)
- Sideswipe (later referred to as "Side Swipe" for trademark reasons)
- Wheeljack (killed by Soundwave and Barricade in Dark of the Moon)
- Red Alert
- Skids (killed by Sentinel Prime in a comic)
- G1 Season 3 transformers
Transformers Cinematic Universe
- Autobots (Transformers Cinematic Universe)
- Mudflap (killed by Sentinel Prime in a comic)
- Que (Also known as Wheeljack)
- Leadfoot (killed by Cemetery Wind)
- Scorn (Transformers Cinematic Universe)
- Daytrader (Transformers Cinematic Universe)
- Hot Rod (Transformers Cinematic Universe)
- Cogman (Transformers Cinematic Universe)
- Guardian Knights/Dragonstorm (Transformers Cinematic Universe)
Optimus Prime | Bumblebee | Arcee | Jazz | Ironhide | Wheeljack | Ratchet | Hound | Grimlock | Prowl | Sideswipe | Sunstreaker | Blurr (G1) | Mirage | Skids (G1) | Hoist | Tracks | Windcharger | Blaster | Steeljaw | Ramhorn | Eject | Rewind | Red Alert | Smokescreen | Trailbreaker | Bluestreak | Beachcomber | Inferno (G1) | Huffer | Rodimus Prime/Hot Rod | Dinobots (G1) | Slag | Sludge | Snarl | Swoop | Grapple | Ultra Magnus | Skyfire | Sky Lynx | Cliffjumper | Kup | Brawn | Tailgate | Gears | Outback | Metroplex | Sandstorm (G1) | Cosmos | Omega Supreme | Perceptor | Springer | Broadside | Aerialbots | Silverbolt (G1) | Fireflight (G1) | Slingshot (G1) | Skydive (G1) | Superion | Hot Spot (G1) | Groove (G1) | First Aid (G1) | Streetwise (G1) | Technobots | Scattershot (G1) | Lightspeed (G1) | Strafe (G1) | SeaSpray | Pipes | Warpath | Wheelie | Wreck-Gar |
Beast Wars/Beast Machines