| This stub is making Kirby hungry with its lack of substance.|
This article or section is a stub. You can help the Heroes Wiki by expanding it!
What are you waiting for? GO!
|Anakin Skywalker finds this infobox's power has been underestimated, as many, if not all sections in this infobox have been left empty.|
Help improve this article by updating and expanding the infobox.
|“||Flint wanted to make sure that nobody could ever steal his treasure. So, he rigged this whole planet to blow HIGHER THAN A KALESPIAN KITE!!!||„|
B.E.N. (Bio Electronic Navigator) is a rusted old robot with big eyes and thin arms and legs and a supporting character in Disney's Treasure Planet.
He was voiced by Martin Short.
He was once the navigator of the legendary space pirate, Captain Flint. That is, until his boss Flint stranded him on Treasure Planet. Flint also removed the memory chip that B.E.N. to keep him from revealing his self-destruct mode for Treasure Planet. B.E.N was trapped on Treasure Planet, until Jim Hawkins and the shape-shifter Morph came along. B.E.N was able to remember one clue that would lead Jim to Flint's treasure. He reveals that the treasure is "buried in the centroid of the mechanism." In exchange, Jim allows B.E.N to come along with the crew on their adventure, as long as he didn't talk so much and touch Jim. Later that very same evening, Jim, Morph, and B.E.N go on the R.L.S. Legacy to retrieve the map, quietly. B.E.N went to disable the laser cannon for Jim.
- When B.E.N. is seen without his memory chip, his eyes are green. When he regains it in the film's climax and reboots, his eyes turn and stay blue for the rest of the film.
- When B.E.N. reboots after regaining his memory he beeps and makes the old startup noise of an old Macintosh Computer.
- B.E.N. is the only fully CGI character in the film.
- B.E.N. didn't make an appearance near the beginning of his respective film until the second half.
- B.E.N.'s name derives from Ben Gunn, a character from the novel who was a former pirate of Flint and was left on Treasure Island for three years until Jim's arrival: this is exactly what happened to B.E.N.