|SCP-999 believes that this article has stopped in time, and any and all information on it may be outdated.|
Help improve this article by checking and updating its info wherever necessary.
And now time resumes!
|“||I don't care about justice or peace! Who's the strongest? That's my only concern.||„|
|~ Bass, Mega Man 2: The Power Figthers|
Bass, known in Japan as Forte, is a major character in the Mega Man franchise, serving as a tritagonist and a secondary antagonist in the Classic series.
Bass is a Robot Master created by Dr. Wily to imitate Mega Man's design, along with Treble, an imitation of Rush's design. He was created based on a research conducted on Mega Man with the intention of surpassing his power sometime during or before the events of Mega Man 6, and made his debut in Mega Man 7. Although Bass and Mega Man are rivals, at times they team up to take down mutual enemies of the two. Despite being created by Dr. Wily, Bass frequently rebels against his creator, usually for his own purposes. Bass was later succeeded by Zero, an advanced creation from Dr. Wily.
Powers and Abilities
- Enhanced Strength: Bass possesses very high physical strength, most notably in his legs. Bass can easily overpower a majority of his opponents in combat. Therefore, Bass has demonstrated this power by effortlessly breaking steel handcuffs, bend metal bars, slam through walls, kick an assault rifle in half, lift up a large Wily Robot Master over his head and then throw it several meters, knock back several Wily Robot Masters, kick down a high strengthened metal doors, and pry open tightly sealed doors. Additionally, Bass attacks (especially his kicks), can send his enemies soaring through the air, for example he kicked Sonic hard enough that sent him flying several feet across an entire room, and easily subdue Tails.
- Enhanced Speed: Bass can move at exceptional speeds, and as a result he has enhanced, nearly super speed, as he can run significantly faster than the finest Olympic athletes. Bass is extremely fast with incredibly sharp reflexes, able to avoid almost any attack, such as explosive firearms as well as simultaneous assaults from several enemies at once.
- Enhanced Durability: Bass is extremely durable, and despite being a robot, Bass can endure endless amount of punishment and is more durable than a normal robot. He can endure being struck multiple times from the combined efforts from Mega Man and Sonic, withstand being crushed by a immense concrete roof, and tolerate extreme environments, such as volcanoes and tundras, as well as being struck by fire, electricity, and ice.
- Absolute Stamina: As a robot, Bass has unlimited stamina, and is capable of exerting himself to his peak performance for indefinite periods of time.
- Enhanced Reflexes: Bass' reflexes are at the highest peak of robot potential and perfection; this means that his reactions were far superior to normal humans and were borderline-superhuman. He could catch a fired arrow in midair, dodge offensive attacks, and perform amazing physically defensive feats. He could even evade strikes from beings with super speed, and dodge multiple gunfire at point-blank range with ease. His immense reflexes can also be used to attack and counter instead of just defensive purposes, allowing him to respond to fast-paced combat with devastating counters when fighting extraordinary quick opponents. Additionally, Bass was able to land a kick on Sonic that sent the hedgehog flying, as well as being able to deflect a Spin Dash with one hand.
- Enhanced Agility: Bass is extremely agile he can coordinate his body with near-perfect balance, flexibility, and dexterity allowing him to walk on a small tightrope effortlessly, do a handstand on the edge of a building or cliff and not worry, and even walk across a dangerous bridge with ease. His amazing gymnastic and acrobatic prowess, performing feats that would be extremely difficult for a normal human. Bass also has top-notch leaping and climbing agility able to use freerunning and parkour to outmaneuver several enemies at once. The most prominent feat of his enhanced agility is his ability to perform inverted takedowns.
- Expert Marksman: Bass is a master marksman, and almost never misses.
- Skilled Combatant: Bass has his own devastating fighting style, and is capable of defeating a lot of his enemies.
- Fusion with Treble: According to Mega Man, he also has the ability to fuse with Treble for more power, though this form is apparently impossible to take while damaged and Bass never employed it in his battles with the heroes.
- Gun protrusion: Bass is equipped with the "Bass Buster" which is capable of firing energy bullets in rapid succession, fast enough for even Sonic to have a hard time dodging them.
Mega Man Classic
Mega Man X
Mega Man ZX
Mega Man Battle Network/NT Warrior
Mega Man Star Force