Behemoth was among the many Titans awakened from his slumber in Brazil by King Ghidorah's call. He attacked Rio de Janeiro before making his way to Boston along with Methuselah, Scylla, and the six-legged MUTO. There, they found the alpha they were following, Ghidorah, slain at the hands of Godzilla. Rodan approached Godzilla to challenge him, but was intimidated by his gaze and ultimately submitted. The other Titans all followed suit, each "bowing" in their own way to the new King of the Monsters. News outlets reported afterward that Behemoth's trail of destruction had begun to restore clear-cut parts of the Amazon rainforest.
Behemoth moves slowly and heavily like a mammoth, walking like a gorilla, but he has been shown to be capable of charging with enough force to demolish buildings in his path in the manner of an elephant.
In the novelization of King of the Monsters, Behemoth's fur is essentially fireproof, as fire cannot burn on it. Very little of the heat from the fire actually affects Behemoth's skin, which makes it merely a nuisance.
Behemoth's movement leaves behind trace amounts of radiation which, as a result, grow jungle-like foliage in his path. One noticeable example of this was when clear-cut portions of the Amazon rainforest spawned due to Behemoth's radiation.
Strength and Combat
Behemoth can use his strong and sharp tusks to destroy buildings with ease. He can also attack with the claws on his front limbs while standing on his hind legs.
- The outpost Behemoth was contained in, Monarch Outpost 58, is a possible reference to the 1958 Toho film Varan.
- The sound system used on-set for Godzilla: King of the Monsters to create Titan roars was nicknamed "Behemoth".
- Michael Dougherty created Behemoth as a companion mammal for Kong, feeling that too many Toho monsters were reptiles or insects. A mammoth was chosen because of Dougherty's fascination with woolly mammoths, but elements of sloths and primates were added to stop Behemoth from being just a giant mammoth.
- Early in production, Behemoth was a giant six-tusked mammoth with vegetation-like growths on his legs, and he appeared to have a wilder and more crazed disposition.
- Behemoth is Michael Dougherty's favourite new Titan.
- Behemoth has become one of the more popular new kaiju from the film by fans. Even as far as Y-MSF having a figure made for him to be sold commercially.