If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||I want to run towards something, not away.||„|
|~ Beverly in It: Chapter One.|
|“||I'm not afraid of you!||„|
|~ Beverly to It in the 2017 film.|
Beverly "Bev" Marsh is the tritagonist of Stephen King's horror novel, miniseries and film adaptation IT. She is the only female member of The Losers Club. As a child, she is bullied mercilessly for being a "slut" and is abused by her father.
As an adult, she marries an equally abusive and misogynistic man. She leaves him, though, when he attacks her with particular violence after she tells him she needs to return to Derry, secretly to help finish off It. She is remarkably proficient with a slingshot and gravely wounds IT twice, the second time helping the Losers defeat the creature once and for all. She is the love interest of Bill Denbrough (they remain friends as adults) and Ben Hanscomb.
In the 1990 TV miniseries 'It,' Beverly was played by Emily Perkins for the scenes when she is a young girl, and by Annette O'Toole (who also played Martha Kent) for the scenes when she is an adult. In the 2017 theatrical film of 'It,' she is played by Sophia Lillis; who also portrayed Nancy Drew. She is later played by Jessica Chastain as an adult in 2019 sequel, who also voiced Gia.
Beverly Marsh was born in 1946-1947 in the novel 1948-1949 in the miniseries, but was born on February 13, 1976 in the films. She is the daughter of Alvin and Elfrida Marsh, and Beverly was close to her mother until she succumbed to cancer, leaving her alone with her father. Alvin was abusive to Elfrida and Beverly, and in the 2017 film, it's implied that he is sexually attracted to her, and possibly molested her at one point. At school, she was bullied and called a 'slut' by girls, most notably by the Bowers Gang and Greta Keane.
Friends and Allies
- Bill Denbrough - Love Interest, later Friend
- Ben Hanscomb - Love Interest, later Boyfriend
- Mike Hanlon - Friend and Ally
- Richie Tozier - Friend and Ally
- Eddie Kaspbrak - Friend and Ally (deceased)
- Stan Uris - Friend and Ally (deceased)
- It/Pennywise the Dancing Clown - Arch Enemy
- Henry Bowers - Bully and Enemy
- The Bowers Gang - Bullies and Enemies
- Alvin Marsh - Abusive Father and Enemy (deceased)
- Greta Keane - Bully and Enemy
- Greta's Friends - Bullies and Enemies
- Tom Rogan - Abusive Ex-Husband and Enemy (deceased in the novel)
|“||Which is it, Greta? Am I s**t or a little s**t? Make up your mind.||„|
|~ Beverly to Greta.|
|“||Turn it off! TURN IT OFF!!||„|
|~ Beverly to the group in the projection scene.|
|“||STOP! This is what it wants! To divide us!||„|
|~ Beverly to the group on what It wants.|
- She is both the love interest of Bill and Ben who both kiss her in the 2017 film.
- She uses a slingshot to defeat It in the novel and in the miniseries but in the 2017 film, she beats It up and impales him with a rebar.