|SCP-999 believes that this article has stopped in time, and any and all information on it may be outdated.|
Help improve this article by checking and updating it's info wherever necessary
And now time resumes!
|“||Then you really are better than her...||„|
|~ Bismuth's last words to Steven|
|“||Nobody's more "Crystal Gem" than I am.||„|
|~ Bismuth to Steven in "Bismuth"|
|“||I always wanted to uppercut an upper crust! Hahaha!||„|
|~ Bismuth to Steven, Connie, Yellow and Blue Diamond in "Change Your Mind"|
|“||If it wasn't for you, none of us would be who we are today. You make me so proud to be a Crystal Gem.||„|
|~ Bismuth to Steven in "The Future"|
Bismuth is one of the original members of the Crystal Gems. Before the end of the Rebellion, she and Rose had a conflict of interests, leading to them falling out. This ultimately lead to her being poofed, bubbled, and left inside of Lion's Dimension. Rose then lied to the other Gems, telling them that she went missing in battle. 5,300 years later, Rose's son, Steven, accidentally freed her. After her proposal had been rejected once again, she and Steven fought, and she was poofed and bubbled again by him. Unlike Rose, Steven revealed to the others about what happened to her. She is finally freed in "Made of Honor" and becomes good as she becomes a permanent member of the Crystal Gems. She currently lives with Lapis Lazuli and Peridot as of Steven Universe: The Movie.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Biography
- 3 Abilities
- 4 Relationships
- 5 Trivia
- 6 External Links
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Clips
- 9 Navigation
After being unbubbled by Steven in "Made of Honor", Bismuth now has a backless and strapless black top that has a square cutout in the middle to reveal her gem. Beneath that is a long light red attachment with a light and dark red apron-like attachment under it, and both of these have a light red belt around them with a light-pink star that is tilted and cut off by the belt and black top. Her pants and boots are unchanged.
Sometime in between the events of "Change Your Mind" and the movie, Bismuth now wears purple overalls with gold clips at the base of the trousers with a red star on the back, but retains the same shoes from her last two forms.
In "Mindful Education", it is revealed that Steven is still traumatized from the events of "Bismuth" and feels guilty for being unable to help her, along with Jasper and Ruby (Eyeball).
Bismuth has all the powers of a normal Gem, including the ability to invoke a weapon, shapeshifting, and superhuman strength.
- Shapeshifting Weapons: Bismuth is able to easily shapeshift both of her hands into several types of weapons or tools, such as hammers, screwdrivers, and even a Roman scissor. They are used as both an offensive attack or to pound materials when creating and improving weapons. These weapons also appear to be a lot harder and stronger than if the other Gems did the same thing. This is most likely due to her original purpose on Homeworld as a craftsman.
- Thermal Resistance: Bismuth is incredibly immune to high temperatures. She can shower in lava as if it were water and collect samples of lava with her bare hands, showing no visible injuries. She shares this power with Ruby and by extension Garnet.
- Enhanced Breath: Bismuth is shown to be able to instantly cool a heated sword that was dipped in lava simply by blowing on it.
- Skilled Craftsmanship: As shown in her debut, Bismuth is shown to build and forge remarkably powerful weaponry and amazing structures such as arenas and spires. To add to this, she was a craftsman for Homeworld as well as the blacksmith for Rose's army.
- Weapon Alteration: Bismuth is capable of creating upgrades for current weapons such as giving Garnet's gauntlets spiked edges, turning Pearl's spear into a trident, and Amethyst's whip into a spiked flail.
- Superhuman Strength: Bismuth is incredibly strong, capable of rivaling Garnet in terms of power and shattering solid stone to bits with her blows. Even without using her weapon hands, she's capable of lifting a statue made of solid rock over her head and throwing it with enough force to leave a crater in a stone wall.
- Piloting: As seen in "Change Your Mind", Bismuth can pilot ships, as she pilots Yellow Diamond's ship in super speed and adjust movements in fighting combat.
|“||Garnet, remember when you and I took on a battalion of Quartz soldiers? We walked out with our stones shining brighter than when we walked in.||„|
|~ Bismuth reminiscing with Garnet.|
Bismuth is seen laughing with Garnet at the Temple. After learning about the war, Garnet walks over to comfort her and the two hold hands, showing their close relationship as equals with Pearl and the other original Crystal Gems. Bismuth frequently jokes about her being a fusion- calling her "power couple," "two to talk," and commenting on how "her Ruby was showing." They appear to be the most rough with each other, with Garnet socking Bismuth in the arm with her gauntlet after a tease, and Garnet being the first to charge at her during a spar. They were comrades during the Rebellion and once took down three battalions of Quartz Gems together at the same time.
|“||Rose Quartz changed my life. I came to Earth thinking this was just another colony. Build another arena for important fighters to fight in, build another spire for important thinkers to think in, and then, I met her. Just another Quartz soldier, made right here in the dirt, but she was different. And she was different because she decided to be. And she asked me what I wanted to build, and I'd never heard that before. And Gems never hear they can be anything other than what they are, but Rose opened our eyes.||„|
|~ Bismuth talking about Rose Quartz|
Bismuth initially loved and respected Rose for encouraging her to be more than what she is supposed to be, and was a fanatical follower of her doctrine. When Rose opposed her idea of creating a weapon that would permanently destroy their enemies, gemstone and all, Bismuth lost all faith in her and the two fought, which resulted in Bismuth being poofed and stored away in Lion's Mane. Bismuth's distrust of Rose runs deep to the point where she briefly believes that "Steven" is just another one of her "lies", a false identity Rose created for herself to deceive her. Despite her disdain for Rose, Bismuth fondly recalls how she helped her foster her own identity and helps impart that wisdom onto Steven in the hope that he may turn out better than his mother. In the podcast, Rebecca says that Bismuth would have done anything for Rose, and when she came up with a weapon that she thought served Rose's agenda, Rose rejected it and rejected Bismuth for reasons she never understood and was totally "screwed over" by her.
Bismuth is as shocked as everyone else when she learns from Steven that Rose had secretly been Pink Diamond, screaming into lava to conceal herself. But apart from that, she seems to take it relatively well and admits it casts better lighting on the cause of their disagreement over the Breaking Point. When she sees the Crystal Gems still holding together despite learning their former leader was a lie, Bismuth concludes that it is Rose's son Steven who is keeping the team together and regards him as their new leader.
|“||To our fearless leader. You gave us everything. You made us who we are. I would do anything for your cause. I would do anything for you.||„|
|~ Bismuth on a statue inscription in "Save the Light"|
In Save the Light, considered to be Level 2 Canon, there is a secret room of The Forge where a giant statue of Rose Quartz lies. It is discovered that before their fight, Bismuth made it in honor of her actions, as a surprise gift to her.
|“||Come on, you rocks, let's put her in a bubble!||„|
After joining the Crystal Gems, Bismuth grew to despise the Diamonds with a passion, viewing them as nothing more than tyrants to be defeated and going as far as building a weapon capable of destroying them. Even after learning the truth about Pink Diamond, Bismuth still holds a great deal of animosity towards the other Diamonds and is more than willing to fight them. During the battle of Beach City, she, alongside the other Crystal Gems, faces off against Blue and Yellow Diamond.
|“||Biggs was beloved by everyone!||„|
|~ "Made of Honor"|
Bismuth was friends with Biggs Jasper, a member of the Crystal Gems before being corrupted. Once first freed from her bubble (5,000 years after being poofed and having missed the rest of the War), Bismuth asks about the whereabouts of some of her closest Crystal Gem friends, including "Biggs". Later, in "Made of Honor", Bismuth spots Biggs' bubbled gem, and says that "Biggs was beloved by everyone!" Bismuth frees Biggs from her bubble, only to find that Biggs has become corrupted. Biggs Jasper, now monstrous and hostile, attacks Steven and Bismuth. The latter attacks and poofs her former friend.
|“||I like you, Peridot. You don't quit.||„|
Similar to Amethyst, Peridot initially had no idea who Bismuth was upon meeting her. During the subsequent battle of Beach City, however, they become fast friends due to Peridot's high levels of energy, eager willingness to fight, and their mutual dislike of the Diamonds.
It is currently unknown how their exact relationship is. However Bismuth appears to view and accepts Lapis as a member of the Crystal Gems. They appear to be friendly with eachother, Lapis even assisting Bismuth during their clash with White Diamond.
Interestingly enough, during the rebellion Lapis was poofed by a gem resembling Bismuth (possibly being her in the past).
Bismuth and Ronaldo first meet during Garnet's wedding reception. Though their relationship is unknown, she appears to be genuinely uninterested in his conspiracy theories.
Bismuth and Connie appear to be on good terms. This is evident where she forges Connie a personal sword and gives it to her while they're on Homeworld.
Bismuth was friends with Snowflake Obsidian, a member of the Crystal Gems before being corrupted. Once first freed from her bubble (5,000 years after being poofed and having missed the rest of the War), Bismuth asks about the whereabouts of some of her closest Crystal Gem friends, including "Snowflake".
- Bismuth's theme music and musical motifs are a pun on what bismuths are, metal.
- The guitar can be heard on any musical piece that features her but is prominently heard in "Bismuth's Forge", which is considered a type of light industrial metal.
- Bismuth's bubbled gemstone made an appearance in "Lion 3: Straight to Video" when Steven first discovered Lion's Dimension.
- Bismuth is voiced by Uzo Aduba, an actress known for playing the character Suzanne "Crazy Eyes" Warren in Netflix's original series Orange Is the New Black.
- When Bismuth was asking about other Crystal Gems, she lists a few, one of which is named "Crazy Lace". This might be a reference to the character Aduba plays in the show above. At the same time, Crazy Lace is also a variety of agate.
- Uzo Abduba was unable to reprise the role of Bismuth for the final two Steven Universe Future episodes, "I Am My Monster" and "The Future", due to scheduling conflicts with Mrs. America and was replaced by Miriam Hyman.
- Rebecca Sugar confirmed in the 2019 SDCC that Bismuth is extremely the Gem who poofed Lapis during the war in "Same Old World".
- Bismuth was the first non-corrupted Gem to be poofed by Steven.
- So far, Bismuth is the only known non-corrupted and non-gem experiment to be held captive in the Burning Room. Peridot was similarly held in the Burning Room during "Catch and Release" but was freed later in the same episode.
- Bismuth is the only known Crystal Gem to have been purposefully poofed by another Crystal Gem during their affiliation with the team. This is not counting Peridot as she was not a Crystal Gem when she was poofed.
- Bismuth is the first Gem whose gemstone is a metal rather than a gem.
- Bismuth is the only Crystal Gem to not get poofed by Yellow Diamond.
Little Homeworld: Nice Lapis | ? | ? | ?