|“||In fearful day, in raging night, With strong hearts full, our souls ignite, When all seems lost in the War of Light, Look to the stars-- For hope burns bright!||„|
|~ Blue Lantern Corps creed|
|“||You have the ability to instill great hope. Welcome to the Blue Lantern Corps.||„|
|~ Blue Lantern Power Ring greeting its New User.|
|“||All will be well.||„|
|~ Saint Walker|
The Blue Lantern Corps is an organization appearing in comics published by DC Comics, first introduced in Green Lantern vol. 4 #25 (December 2007) by Geoff Johns and Ethan Van Sciver. Their powers, similar to those of other organisations based around the emotional spectrum, are fueled by the emotion of hope.
The Blue Lantern Corps is the second of the new colors to be harnessed. The Oans Ganthet and Sayd left the Guardians of the Universe due to disagreement over what to do about the coming war of colors and the Blackest Night prophecy. Blue Lanterns are few in number as the selection process goes slowly, and they have a symbiotic relationship with the Green Lanterns. The Blue Light of hope is of little use on its own, allowing only flight and personal forcefields (and sometimes healing) but in the presence of a Green Lantern, the will of the Green gives hope tremendous power, and the Blue Lanterns can, in turn, supercharge the Green Lanterns.
- Blue Lantern Central Power Battery
- Blue Lantern Power Battery
- Blue Lantern Power Ring
- Lantern Oaths
- The Blue Lantern Power Ring is POWERED by Hope.
- In Earth 50 known as the Wildstorm UNIVERSE, a group called the Blue Lanterns were created that predated their appearance in DC comics who were a homage to the Green Lanterns in the sense that they were a cosmic police force and armed with alien Power Battery style devices.
- All current members have a religious theme. Saint Walker was a former priest and a saint on his planet, Brother Warth resembles the Hindu god Ganesh, Brother Hym and SISTER Sercy look like a Tibetan monk and Catholic Nun, respectively.