|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Bo' Rai Cho contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||I train my most promising students here at my home, away from prying eyes, to assure that my secrets are only known to those I trust.||„|
|~ Bo' Rai Cho to Shujinko|
|“||I'm concerned that Shinnok may return.||„|
|~ Bo' Rai Cho to Raiden|
Bo' Rai Cho is an Outworldian martial arts teacher and a hero from the Mortal Kombat fighting game series.
He was voiced by Herman Sanchez (original timeline) and Steve Blum (alternate timeline).
Bo' Rai Cho was a teacher of many great warriors, such as Liu Kang and Shujinko. Despite living in Earthrealm, he was actually from Outworld and though he had the skills to participate in a Mortal Kombat tournament, Bo' Rai Cho couldn't since his victory would allow Shao Kahn to take the Earthrealm. After Liu Kang was killed by the Deadly Alliance, Kung Lao went to Bo' Rai Cho for training on how to defeat Shang Tsung.
He then went to Outworld while the Earthrealm warriors prepared to fight the Deadly Alliances and spied on the two sorcerers, rescuing another Outworldian fighter, Li Mei. Afterwards, during the rise of Dragon King, Bo' Rai Cho regrouped with Raiden and the other Earthrealm warriors to return to Earth.
In his ending in Armageddon, Bo' Rai Cho's defeat of Blaze teleported him before the Elder Gods, who then appointed him the protector god of Outworld.
Bo's Rai Cho is always jovial, cheerful and positive who has trained the best and greatests fighters in the world. Although Bo' Rai Cho is a very skilled martial artist a lot of people underestimate him since he is drunk, lazy and a slob. He is a perfect example of never judge a book by it's cover.
He is loud, loyal, selfless, honorable and enjoys having a good time. Although he is Outworlder unlike most of the other people from Outworld Bo Rai Cho does fear, hate, dislike or distrust Eathrealm. He loves his home but he couldn't stand by or aid Outworld as it's armies invade Earth Bo Rai Cho knew it was wrong. Eventually over time after many years on Earth Bo Rai Cho loved his new home world more than his original home. While most people are driven by fame, greed, money, power, revenge or vengeance as their motivation to fight this is not the case for Bo Rai Cho.
Bo Rai Cho fights to protect Earthrealm because he knows it's right he can't be bought, bragged or bribed. Despite his laziness and his lack of good hygiene Bo' Rai Cho is humble and cares for the simple things in life. An example of of him enjoying simple things is his reason for siding with earth since their wine was better than Outworlds wine. Bo's Rai Cho doesn't care for money, power or fame. He is also a very forgiving man he doesn't let a of things to upset. Bo's Rai Cho is a laid back and humble man his humbleness is shown in a few of game ends when the Elder Gods offer him a chance to become a god Bo Rai Cho denys the offer turning it down.
With him being humble and with no desire for power when Bo Rai Cho defeats Blaze just wanted to bring back his student Liu Kang he didn't care about using, taking or keeping Blaze's powers unlike most of the other fighters. He is a respectable man who puts others before himself which is one of the reasons why he decided to help defend Earthrealm. Bo Rai Cho cared for safety earth and it's people more than he care about being seen as a traitor, outcast or criminal in the eyes of his home world.
He doesn't care how other people think of him and doesn't care what other people say about him. He can usually find the good in almost anything or any situation. Even though he is lazy, laidback and care free Bo Rai Cho doesn't joke around or act like a clown which is what Johnny Cage acts like. Bo Rai Cho knows how serious fighting threats and dangers can be.
Powers and Abilities
Bo' Rai Cho is a skilled fighter despite his obese and drunken appearance and even integrates this into his fighting style, using Drunken Fist style. He uses his obesity to stomp on the ground, causing tremors and bounce on his foes with his stomach. Bo' Rai Cho can also vomit at will, using it as a way to trap his opponents and has demonstrated he is a capable general.
- "You are one ugly motherf***er." (To the Predator)
- "Let us see if you remember my teachings." (To Liu Kang)
- "I whish to study you're powers." (To Johnny Cage)
- "No there is another." (To Reptile after saying he is the last Saurian)
- "I asked you here for training." (To Sonya Blade)
- "Takeda is most welcome at my dojo." (To Kenshi)
- "Stop Kitana and listen." (To Kitana)
- "Your anger make you careless." (To Scorpion)
- "My loyalties lie elsewhere." (To Mileena)
- "You are as powerful as Kenshi." (To Takeda)
- "You have much to learn Miss Briggs." (To Jacqui Briggs)
- "You are reckless impulsive." (To Kung Jin)
- "I to dream of Edenia Tanya." (To Tanya)
- "Who's to say you didn't." (To Shinnok after the Elder God thought he was dead)
- "I have returned Shinnok." (To Shinnok after the Elder God thought he was dead)
- "We each oppose are native realm." (To Erron Black)
- "I fight for the greater good." (To Ermac)
- "We should discuss new beginnings." (To Kotal Kahn)
- "You have amazing strange." (To Ferra & Torr)
- "You over step your bounds Raiden." (To Raiden)
- "So serious my friend?" (To Raiden)
- "A test before I trust you." (To Tremor)
- "Be ready for anything Cassandra." (To Cassie Cage)
- "You are no longer my student. But I am still your master." (To Kung Lao)
- "I am more than ready." (To Reptile)
- "My power is greater than you know." (To Reptile after the Saurian thought he was dead)
- "My reputation for sloth is exaggerated." (To Jax Briggs)
- "Are fear defines us Scorpion." (To Scorpion)
- "Upon defeating Blaze, Bo' Rai Cho was transported into The Heavens. He stood there a humble warrior unsure of his fate in the presence of a god. I had looked into his soul and found that he was a good man and a powerful warrior. Outworld needed a protector, a task for which Bo' Rai Cho had more than proven himself worthy." (Bo' Rai Cho's ending in MKA)
- "Your technique is lacking!" (Bo' Rai Cho mid fight)
- "You could learn much from me." (Bo' Rai mid fight)
- "Come by the dojo sometime!" (Bo' Rai Cho mid fight)
- "A test before I trust you." (To Tremor after he asked Bo' Rai Cho for an alliance)
- "Your distrust caused your down fall." (To Liu Kang)
- "You will realize your potential. " (To Jacqui Briggs)
- "Rememberare past discussions." (To Ferra/Torr)
- "Your decision could mean war." (To Kitana)
- "Very well I might add." (Bo' Rai Cho telling Goro that he trains Earthrealmes)
- "Without are Earthrealm allies, I fear for Outworld's future." (After the Dragon King Onaga returns in MKD)
- Bo' Rai Cho's creation had two motivations behind it. First was that Ed Boon wanted more of a "slob" character and Mortal Kombat had no mentor character.
- Bo' Rai Cho has an archenemy in Baraka and he has battled the Tarkata before.
- He is one of the few Outworldian characters that is not evil.
- In Motor Kombat, one of the tracks is a brewery that apparently belongs to him.
- In Deadly Alliance, Bo' Rai Cho was the icon of a fake drink called Peptic Thunder, which causes involuntary vomiting upon consumption. This is most likely a parody of Pepto-Bismol, a medication drug, since they both have a pink color.
- Bo' Rai Cho states that Earthrealm's rice wine put the alcohol of Outworld to shame, which is one of the reasons he went to Earthrealm.
- Bo' Rai Cho's quote towards the Predator was a direct reference from Dutch in the 1987 Predator film and Mike Harrigan from 1990's Predator 2.
- He is quite old, since he was already rather aged when he was teaching Shujinko and after 40 years, he was still alive.
- In Deadly Alliance, when Bo' Rai Cho switches fighting styles, a fart noise is heard. It is also heard when he jumps or moves around.