|“||Behold, the mighty grizzly!||„|
|~ Boog's catchphrase|
|“||This is my town. These are my people. This is where I reside. (chuckles) Nobody's huntin' this bear.||„|
He is voiced by Martin Lawrence in the first movie, Mike Epps in the second, Matthew J Munn in the third (who is also the voice of his doppelganger), and Donny Lucas in the halloween special Scared Silly.
In the first installment of the Open Season series, Boog lives in an ordinary life in the town of Timberline with his owner Ranger Beth, who is a park ranger and has raised Boog ever since he was little. When he encounters Elliot, he develops a dislike of him, but at the film's ending, they become best friends. Boog accidentally scares off his fans after chasing Elliot and is taken alongside the deer to the top of the falls, to protect Boog from hunters and the villainous hunter Shaw. Boog shows an immediate dislike to the woods, and almost leaves after realizing Elliot lied about knowing the way back to Timberline, but decides to return and help the animals defeat the hunters and Shaw. When Beth returns in a helicopter to pick up Boog, she sees he has made new friends and decides to keep him in the forest.
Open Season 2
Open Season 3
Open Season: Scared Silly
Boog is a huge brown grizzly bear with a light brown face and belly.
Boog is a happy-go-lucky, 900-pound grizzly bear. However, he can get a bit irratated right away. In the first film, Elliot served as a foil for him, although at the end, they have became partners in time.
- "Boog is sorry!"
- "I ain't nobody's pet!"
- "Uh-oh! Back up quick, before she sees me!"
- "All right, he's gone. Now get out!
- "Where's home?! It's gone! Someone stole it!"
- "The woods is NO place for a bear!"
- "I look like a bear, I talk like like a bear, but I can't fish, I can't climb a tree, I can't even go in the woods!"
- "Oh, you're right, Elliot. It's your fault!"
- "If it weren't for you, I'd be home right now! None of this would have ever happened! You said you knew the way back, but you lied!"
- "Take a good look, Elliot. What do you see, Elliot? Something's missing, Elliot. W-W-What is it, Elliot? What is it?"
- "TIMBERLINE IS MISSING!"
- "My garage is missing, breakfast, lunch, and dinner are missing! My life is missing! And it's all... your... FAULT!"
- "Let's kick some hunter ba-hookey!"
- "The Woo-Hoo bar. She's my lady. Smooth and creamy. So bad I shouldn't. Yet I will."
- "That's right, fool! YOU better run! Keep on prancing, ya penny-wasting cow!"
- "Hello, idiot."
- "What are you lookin' at? I told you not to wait up!"
- "When I'm a bear rug, they can walk all over me. Until then, I ain't goin' down without a fight!"
- "Big money got to come. Come on."
- Boog is similar to Vincent from Over the Hedge in appearance, but Boog is good rather than evil.
- A running gag throughout the series is that people think that Boog weighs 1,200 pounds.
- Boog is often thought to have been the deuteragonist of the second film, while Elliot was the main protagonist. While this is kind of true as Elliot had a bigger role in the second film, but Boog remains the bigger good throughout the series.
- In the first film, Boog's voice sounds similar to the actor, voice actor, and rapper Tone Lōc.
- Boog made an appearance along with Elliot in the Surf's Up video game as a playable character.
- Will Smith and Delroy Lindo were considered for the role of Boog before Martin Lawrence was cast.