|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Brian Griffin contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||Whose leg do you have to hump to get a dry martini around here?||„|
|~ Brian's most famous quote|
|“||Peter, you're my best friend. You gave me a home when I didn't have one. And you've treated me like a family member ever since. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you. I'd probably be dead anyway, lying under some freeway overpass. And I wanna return the favor. After all, I'm a dog. I have another eight years, at best. I'm willing to give that up so you can have another forty.||„|
|~ Brian willing to give up his life to save Peter|
|“||You know what? F*ck you! (crowd gasps) I'm not a racist, all right? I just told a bad joke. There's a huge difference. But nobody on the Internet ever takes the time to ask themselves, "Is this worth freaking out over?" Or, "Are there bigger problems in the world than this tweet?" Well, I assure you, there are. And just for the record, I love black people. I watch tons of black p*rn. So, what do you all want from me, huh? You-you want to ruin my life? Then congratulations. You did it. Everybody hates me. I can't leave the house without getting harassed. No one will hire me. (Stewie: That was a problem before.) I can't turn on my phone without strangers telling me to kill myself or that they're gonna kill my family. Leave me alone! I'm the self-righteous, liberal douchebag, not you! I've kissed a transsexual before! How many of you can say that?! WHERE'S MY F*CKING MEDAL?! I AM SO FAR LEFT, I'M SPINNING IN CIRCLES YOU SH*THEADS! INSTEAD OF KILLING MYSELF, I SHOULD KILL ALL OF YOU!!!!||„|
|~ Brian snapping at an angry crowd for relentlessly harassing him and his family over a tweet and his heroic breakdown|
Brian Griffin is the tritagonist of Family Guy,, one of the two main protagonists of the Road to... series (alongside Stewie Griffin), and the deuteragonist of Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story.
He is the Griffin family's pet dog and best friend. He was voiced by Seth MacFarlane who also voiced his best friends Stewie, Peter and other characters on Family Guy and he is the creator of the show.
Brian is the Griffin Family's talking pet dog. He is a sophisticated and cultured, but cynical and world-weary Labrador, who serves as the voice of reason to the family, ironically managing to be the most "human" of all of them, at least until the later seasons.
In the start of the series, Brian was a soft-spoken, sophisticated voice of reason that cared about his family. And though he could be very troubled at times, he tried to become a better person through these trials. As the series progressed, Brian devolved into a pretentious, insecure, selfish and self-important character. Even to the point of selling out others for personal gain.
Despite being anthropomorphic and very human in nature (even more so than many other characters in the show), he still acts like a standard dog. These examples include barking at certain things that a dog in real life would, chasing the mailman, chasing and biting his tail, chasing shadows, playing with dog toys and growing at biting at people he sees as a threat.
Despite his current, egotistical nature, Brian has performed many heroic acts.
- He and Stewie have saved Christmas.
- In "Leggo my Meg-o", he and Stewie saved Meg by spoofing the events of Taken.
- Chaperone Meg to her Junior Prom and defended her from Connie D'Amico.
- In "Back To The Pilot", he prevented 9/11 from happening but unfortunately, this lead to disrupting the timeline, so he and Stewie fixed it.
- In "New Kidney in Town", he is willing to give up both his kidneys and therefore, his life so that Peter could undergo a kidney transplant, although he did not have to do it thanks to Dr. Hartman being a match for the donor.
- When Peter combines a trouble, it's always Brian and Lois that remedies it.
- He and Stewie have tried to retrieve the cure for cancer by Carter, although they failed.
- He has often proven himself a father figure to Peter's children, especially Stewie.
- He and Chris are the only members of the Griffin Family who do respect Meg and enjoys her company.
- He and Stewie have gone back in time with Chris to help him with the school.
- He bought Stewie a new Rupert in order to fix their friendship.
- When Principal Sheperd took left over spaghetti after his wife's departure, Brian was able to save the School $200 after getting his picture in the Newspaper. Thus earning his return home after the Twitter Pariah he accidentally started.
- Despite their feud, he was there to comfort Quagmire in the hospital when he choked himself and supported his sister, Brenda, when she was getting abused by her fiancee, Jeff in "Screams of Silence: The Story of Brenda Q".
- He renamed James Woods High in honor of the late Mayor Adam West.
- After learning about Pawtucket Pat, town hero and brewery founder, stole the beer recipe from local Native Americans and killed them, Brian takes down the honorable statue of Pawtucket Pat where rolled down into the river and after it was found, given a new place of honor in the local museum where no one will ever see it again.
- He defended Kyle, the son of Hollie whom he's dating, from bullies thus making a connection with him.
- In a spoofed episode, PeTerminator, he and Stewie amended their friendship by kissing, which prevented Terminator versions of Peter, Lois and other characters created by their future counterparts from killing each other in the present timeline due to a spat.
- In Family Cat, when his family took in a stray cat and named her Pouncy, Brian discovers that this cat has ulterior motives for Meg, but nobody listens to him. Quagmire, who also learned about Pouncy's true nature, advises him that thanks to a parasitic defecation carried by cats allows them to brainwashed Meg and is being prepared to become a crazy cat lady. Brian attempted to save her but failed and Quagmire stepped in and becomes Pouncy and the other felines' 'Cat Lady' in Meg's place. After that, Brian then promises Meg that he'll be a better dog to her.
|“||You... you've given me a wonderful life. I love you all.||„|
|~ Brian's last words|
In Life of Brian, Stewie destroyed his own time machine and sent it to the junkyard. Brian notices a kid hockey net in good condition and convinces Stewie to take it back home. Before they could play, when Stewie was headed inside the house to get his knee pads, Brian was hit by a fast moving car, whose driver is still unknown, and had severely extensive injuries. The Griffin family saw him in the veterinarian's operating room, and Brian told them he loved them all before he died.
Return Back From The Dead
|“||Brian: What the Hell?
Stewie: You're alive, my friend!
Brian: Of course, I'm Alive! What the hell's going on here?
Stewie: Brian, that car killed you and when it did, a little part of me died as well. I couldn't live without you. So I came back from the future to save your life.
|~ Stewie explaining to Brian after being saved|
Before Stewie destroyed his time machine in "Life of Brian", he time traveled ahead to Christmas so he wouldn't wait for the new toys to come out. In "Christmas Guy", two episodes after "Life of Brian", Stewie, who realized he wants Brian back, ran into that Stewie, "borrowed" his time machine return pad and went back in time to the day Brian was killed by the car to save him. Stewie arrives right before when Brian was about to be hit by the car and, upon seeing the car coming tow Brian, Stewie pushed his friend out of the way just in time. Afterwards Stewie gave Brian a hug and told him that the car killed him [Brain] and broke his [Stewie's] heart and he was able to time travel back through on the return to save him. Brian then thanks Stewie for his actions. Afterwards Stewie starts to disappear because his timeline, the one where Brian died, no longer exists. Stewie wishes Brian a Merry Christmas before disappearing completely and afterwards he's gone, The present day Stewie comes outside and asks Brian who he was talking to, to which responds Brains says "A pretty awesome guy."
- Brian is the only character for which Seth MacFarlane uses his own voice, as opposed to the voice changes for other characters such as Peter Griffin, Glenn Quagmire, and Stewie Griffin.
- Seth MacFarlane has revealed that Brian is his favorite character. He say he feels comfortable while playing the part of Brian, he also has a picture of Brian to the side of his name on his office door.
- Brian is infatuated with Lois and on more than one occasion has tried to have sex with her.
- In "Brian: Portrait of a Dog", it's revealed that Brian became a Griffin during his adulthood, when Peter offered him a home with his family in Quahog, but in "The Man with Two Brians", Brian shows the family videos of him as a puppy, already living in the Griffin's house.
- He drives a 2004 Toyota Prius., as it is seen in "The Juice Is Loose" pulling up on the Griffins' driveway while Stewie was stuck on the roof. The license plate reads "BRI-D0G" and it has a 'Kucinich 04' bumper sticker.