|“||It's time to get... Buck-Wild!||„|
|“||♫POP goes the weasel!♫||„|
|~ Buck singing during his battle with Rudy|
|“||♫I am the priceless protector of this lost world! But my friends call me Buck.♫||„|
|~ Buck singing about protecting the Dinosaur World|
Buckminster (simply known as Buck) is a character in the Ice Age films. He is the unseen overarching protagonist of Ice Age, Ice Age: The Meltdown, and Ice Age: Continental Drift, the secondary tritagonist of Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, the tritagonist of Ice Age: Collision Course, and the main protagonist in his upcoming own spin-off Disney+ movie Adventures of Buck Wild. He is Rudy's arch-enemy.
He is a weasel that lives in an underground dinosaur world when he fell into it, many years ago. He lost one of his eyes in a past encounter to Rudy, but survived and swears revenge.
When he was younger, Buck fell into the world of dinosaurs and got into trouble within a few seconds. He landed right in front of his nemesis Rudy, who attempted to kill him with a claw but only got his right eye. Buck ran, until he was able to climb up a tree, where he got a leaf and wrapped it around his eye like an eye patch. He was right above the eye of the hurricane, when his enemy Rudy rose above the clouds and swallowed Buck whole to make his grim meal.
Buck was still alive, however. Before he could get swallowed, he grabbed onto Rudy's uvula and launched himself out, as well as punching one of Rudy's teeth out on his way. He then turned it into a knife that he uses in battle and decided to live in the Dinosaur World.
Buck is a small reddish-brown weasel with a long body, tail and short legs. He has a tan stomach with brownish spots on it. His body is long enough to twist around itself and has an overbite, with bottom fang showing. His most known trait is his eye patch made from a leaf. When he had both eyes, they were bright blue.
Personality and Traits
He is brave, intelligent, mischievous, heroic, nice, positive, good hearted, slick, and protective. He was so flexible that he could use it in any fighting scenario.
Buck is heroic and insane as he helps the gang get back home and retrieve Sid. He seems to have an obsession with catching an albino Baryonyx named "Rudy."
- Joaquin Phoenix, Will Forte, Jason Lee, Justin Long, Bill Hader, Patton Oswalt, Jack Black, Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire, Joel Edgerton, Alec Baldwin, Jeff Bridges, Josh Brolin, Nicolas Cage, George Clooney, Harrison Ford, Ed Harris, Tommy Lee Jones, Robert Knepper, Michael Keaton, Stephen Lang, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, James Franco, Ron Perlman, the late Bill Paxton, Dennis Quaid, Kurt Russell, Arnold Schwarzenegger, John Travolta, Jean-Claude Van Damme, and Bruce Willis were all considered for the role of Buck before Simon Pegg was cast.
- Buck was meant to be Ellie's opossum cousin. But because of his crazy personality, the creators decided to make him a weasel. He was also thought of to be a badger or a wolverine.
- Simon worked on many voices for Buck, the performance was mostly based off of Steve Irwin and Frank Buck.
- Despite not appearing in Ice Age: Continental Drift, he is still credited in the end credits of the movie, meaning that he is the film's unseen overarching protagonist and the film takes place after the third movie's events.
- Rudy, Sid, Manny and Ellie are the only characters Buck ever addressed or referred to by their names, though he only mentions Manny and Ellie's names once each.