|“||It's time to get... Buck-Wild!||„|
|“||♫POP goes the weasel!♫||„|
|~ Buck singing during his battle with Rudy|
|“||♫I am the priceless protector of this lost world! But my friends call me Buck.♫||„|
|~ Buck singing about protecting the Dinosaur World|
Buckminster (simply known as Buck Wild) is one of the main characters of the Ice Age films. He is the deuteragonist in Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, a minor character in Ice Age: Continental Drift, one of the three deuteragonists in Ice Age: Collision Course (alongside Sid and Peaches), and the titular deuteragonist of his spin-off film The Ice Age Adventures of Buck Wild.
He is a British accented weasel that lives in an underground dinosaur world when he fell into it, many years ago. He lost one of his eyes in a past encounter to Rudy, but survived and swears revenge.
When he was younger, Buck fell into the world of dinosaurs and got into trouble within a few seconds. He landed right in front of his nemesis Rudy, who attempted to kill him with a claw but only got his right eye. Buck ran, until he was able to climb up a tree, where he got a leaf and wrapped it around his eye like an eye patch. He was right above the eye of the hurricane, when his enemy Rudy rose above the clouds and swallowed Buck whole to make his grim meal.
Buck was still alive, however. Before he could get swallowed, he grabbed onto Rudy's uvula and launched himself out, as well as punching one of Rudy's teeth out on his way. He then turned it into a knife that he uses in battle and decided to live in the Dinosaur World.
Buck is a reddish-brown weasel with a long body, tail and short legs. He has a tan stomach with brownish spots on it. His body is long enough to twist around itself and has an overbite, with bottom fang showing. His most known trait is his right eye patch made from a leaf. When he had both eyes, they were bright blue.
Personality and Traits
Buck is a brave, intelligent, mischievous, heroic, slick, and protective weasel. He was so flexible that he could use it in any fighting scenario. As he helps the gang get back home and retrieve Sid but due to his tragic past he seems a little insane and starts to have an obsession with catching Rudy.
- Buck was meant to be Ellie's opossum cousin. But because of his crazy personality, the creators decided to make him a weasel.
- Buck is inspired by a Sthenictis which is type of weasel that lived during the time period in which the film is set.
- Simon worked on many voices for Buck, the performance was mostly based off of Steve Irwin and Frank Buck's voice.
- Despise being a weasel, Buck resembles an pine marten due to his fur color scheme.
- Despite not appearing in Ice Age: Continental Drift, he is still credited in the end credits of the movie, meaning that he is the film's unseen overarching protagonist and the film takes place after the third movie's events.