|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Cable (X-Men Movies) contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||You are just like my wife, she always hide her pain under the humor, i never can't do so, she is dead because of me!||„|
|~ Cable to Wade Wilson.|
|“||Your time's up, you dumb f**k.||„|
|~ Cable's most famous quote.|
|“||You aren't a f*cking hero. You're just a clown, dressed up like a sex toy.||„|
|~ Cable mocking Deadpool.|
Nathan Christopher Summers, also known as Cable, is the deuteragonist of the 2018 film Deadpool 2.
He is a mercenary from the future, who allies with Deadpool (although the two began as enemies), in order to save it and prevent Russell from becoming evil.
He is portrayed by Josh Brolin, who also played Llewelyn Moss in No Country for Old Men, Jonah Hex in the titular film, and the younger Agent K in Men in Black, and also voiced Ravager Thanos in What If...?
Cable is born in the future and has lived through numerous wars, which torment him. He would later join the special forces for a short period, but later left to become a mercenary. At a some point his eye and arm was lost and replaced with biconical ones. He fell in love with a wisecracking woman named Aliya and they get married, later having a daughter named Hope. Cable was incredibly affectionate to his family especially with Hope. In his mercenary career he meets the evil crime lord Firefist who later becomes his sworn enemy. The two fights each other several times but one day Firefist follow Cable in his home where he killed Cable's family, leaving Cable devastated. Emotionally painful, sad and angry, Cable decides to travel in time to kill Firefist as a kid before he can kill his family in the future.
Cable uses his time-travelling device in order to travel back in time to just after an incident that got Firefist sent to the Ice Box prison facility. Cable breaches the Ice Box where he finds Russell. He kills every single guard in the prison facility easily via his weapons and his cybernetic arm, and finally prepares to kill Russell as part of his goal to prevent his family's gruesome death.
However, he is stopped by Wade Wilson, who is attempting to defend Russell.
Despite his efforts, Wade is brutally defeated by Cable and he is unable to heal himself due to the collar around his neck which inhibited his mutant ability to heal.
Preparing to kill Russell again, Wade wakes up from his apparent death and wakes up from his vision of Vanessa after his collar was broken due to Cable throwing him from a walkway.
After regaining his powers, Wade uses his full strength and fights Cable which later explains that he wants to kill Russell to prevent a disaster in the future.
Wade is defeated once again by Cable, who takes Wade's skee ball token which he received from Vanessa. Wade tries to use Cable's pulse gun against him, causing a powerful destructive explosion which destroys most part of the prison. Wade and Cable fall out of the Ice Box into the snowy mountains.
Wade got his head hit to a rock and falls into an icy lake, causing him to experience another vision of Vanessa which help him to understand that he still have a chance to save Russell for redeeming himself from failing to save Vanessa in the past, whilst Cable uses his cybernetic arm to stop himself from crashing.
Cable captures, torture and interrogate Wade's best friend, Weasel. He forces Weasel to reveal who Wade is and the reason of stopping him in order to save Russell, which even leaded Wade into making a team named X-Force led by him and to revealing him Russell's location.
X-Force launches their assault on the prison truck who is transporting Russell by leaping from a plane and parachuting in, but all members of X-Force, except for Deadpool and Domino, dies in the fall.
Cable enters in the prison truck and fight the two survivors Deadpool and Domino. But at some point Russell unleashes his friend, the evil and powerful giant mutant Juggernaut who makes the prison truck fall, thus stopping the battle.
Cable decides to team up with Wade and they plan to stop Firefist from his first killing, the abusive orphanage headmaster, an act which sets Russell down his murderous path. Cable still wants to kill him but agrees to gave Wade a chance to talk Russell down.
Deadpool, Cable and Domino arrive at the orphanage to stop Russell and the Juggernaut. But it turns out that they face difficulty fighting the latter, who proves to be too powerful for them, until Colossus arrives and distracts the Juggernaut long enough for Cable and Deadpool to catch up with Russell.
They manage to reach Russell before he can kill the Headmaster and Deadpool attempts to calm him down, putting on the power-suppressing collar and offering himself in the headmaster's place.
Cable shoots at Russell, but Deadpool leaps in front of the bullet and is hit in the heart.
With Wade's death, Russell loses his desire of revenge, thus saving Cable's family in the future.
Wade's death allowing him to reunite with Vanessa, though she say to him it is still not the time (preceding that Cable will save him). Cable travels back in time to before the fight and discreetly slips the skee-ball token into Wade's costume, which ends up blocking the bullet and saving his life.
After the battle and preventing Russell's vengeance, the Headmaster is run over by Dopinder on his taxi.
In the aftermath, now unable to return to his own time, Cable decides to stay in the present day to prevent the Earth from being destroyed and he joins the X-Force becoming the co-leader under the command of Deadpool.
In a mid-credits scene Negasonic Teenage Warhead and Yukio repairs Cable's time-travel device and gave it to Deadpool. Deadpool travels back in time to save Vanessa and X-Force's human member Peter from their deaths, despite this all the events remains and all the story, except for Vanessa and Peter's deaths who are now cancelled bringing them back to life, is happened and the X-Force still exist along with Cable's co-leadership.
Cable for the most part is a soldier: steady, disciplined, and focused on his mission. However despite his serious demeanor he does possess a sense of humor as shown with his back and forth with Deadpool. The loss of his wife and daughter had made him willing to break certain morals for the greater good such as killing Russell as a child in order to prevent the post-apocalyptic future he will create as an adult. After watching Wade sacrificing himself to save Cable's timeline, Cable's feelings was deeply touched by Wade’s actions and rather then returning to his time (which was now fixed thanks to Deadpool due to Russell as a child already sees a mutant die to save him) Cable instead opts to use the final charge on this time-travel device to save Wade instead, saving both Wade and his timeline.
Powers and Abilities
- Bionic Physiology - Much of Cable's body, namely his left side, has been altered with cybernetics and bionics, giving him his cyborg appearance along with a wide range of abilities.
- Bionic Arm - Cable's prosthetic arm is bulletproof and can even block Deadpool's katanas. He also uses it not only to break his enemies' arms, but also to grapple the side of a building or a mountain to help slow down his fall, and as a magnet to attract his rifle back to him.
- Enhanced Strength - Cable's strength is far superior than the average human. He is able to knock out Deadpool with just a few punches, carry his rifle without stress, rip a door off of a truck with ease, and painfully twist, bend, or break his enemies' limbs.
- Enhanced Durability - His body is highly durable, allowing him to withstand serious situations impossible for normal humans. He was able to survive being knocked back into the prison shower room by Deadpool using his rifle's energy pulse, getting ejected from the Ice Box and falling down a mountain, the crash of the DMC transport truck, and a direct kick from Juggernaut.
- Enhanced Agility - Cable is incredibly agile and reflex, being able to jump onto a catwalk to confront Deadpool and Russell or over a speeding truck with ease. He can even jump down a building and use his arm as to grasp the side and slow his fall, and he did the same thing beforehand when being ejected out of the Ice Box prison facility.
- Enhanced Vision - Cable's eye has advanced scanning and holographic capabilities. It was able to scan his many weapons and pick out the perfect pieces needed to build a better gun. The eye gives Cable vital information on his surroundings such as potential threats, location of items and individuals, and seems to enhance his vision well beyond that of a normal human, including telescopic and spectrum lenses.
- Shield Generation - Cable's bionics allow him to project a oval shaped force-field from his arms. While being shot at close range, Cable was able to withstand the bullets rippling against him with the force field. The shield was strong enough to take a full blast of fire from Russell, as well as the fullest capacity of his gun's energy pulse.
- Computer Interaction - Cable’s bionic body allows him to interact with machines and computer devices. Cable was able grab one of the electrical cables in the Ice Box, and hack into its systems to uncover the prisoner layout of the building. The information traveled through his arm and into his eye, which displayed the information holographically.
- Telekinesis - Cable has some telekinetic abilities as he used them to grab his gun from a few feet away. His cybernetics likely allows him to use this ability.
- Master Hand-to-Hand Combatant - Cable is outstandingly skilled in hand-to-hand combat, as he is able to easily overpower Deadpool, a highly proficient hand-to-hand combatant, with ease. He was able to singlehandedly take out a whole squad of DMC soldiers/Ice Box guards, even using one as a meat shield against bullets. He can also twist his enemies' arms to inflict further pain, as done to a DMC soldier and Deadpool.
- Master Marksman - Due to his training as a soldier and bounty hunter, Cable is a highly capable marksman and able to use a wide variety of weapons with ease and accuracy. After he reversed time to prevent Deadpool's noble death, he placed Wilson's skee-ball token directly under Deadpool's scabbard-strap and shot it with pinpoint accuracy.
- Expert Knife-Wielder - Cable is experienced with using a knife in combat. This is seen during his fights with Deadpool.
- Master Engineer - Cable showed skills in engineering as he was able to make a new futuristic rifle using parts which were outdated for his time. The gun could serve as an energy pulse weapon, normal firearm, or a grenade launcher.
- Cable's Customized Rifle - Cable has a specially designed futuristic rifle — known as the "BFG", built from pieces of various guns. It has three different modes of fire: normal bullets, grenades, and an energy pulse. The energy pulse function at full power is strong enough to send the Juggernaut flying backward. The rifle also has an advanced scope and flashlight. It was destroyed by Juggernaut during a fight.
- FN EGLM Grenade Launcher - Cable uses this grenade launcher during his Attack on the Ice Box.
- Walther PPQ Q5 Match - Cable uses this handgun as his sidearm. He dual wields two of them during the final shootout against the Essex attendants, while refusing to let Deadpool borrow one.
- Disc Grenades - Cable uses these powerful explosives, resembling land mines or hockey pucks, to breach into the Ice Box and kill several guards, as well as to eject himself and Deadpool out of the prison when the latter tried to take the former along with him using his own grenades.
- Combat Knife - Cable uses a combat knife for closes quarters combat. He uses this knife against Deadpool during their fights.
- Time Travel Device - With the use of a wrist-mounted device, Cable is capable of traveling through time. Cable used it to travel over fifty years into the past so he could save his family. It is capable of physical time travel as well as mental.
- Cable's actor, Josh Brolin, also portrayed and voiced Thanos in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Brolin played both Cable and Thanos in the same year.