|“||She's prickly, sure, but Cactus' spikes belie a spongy heart filled with love and goodwill. She just wants to hug and be hugged. Most folks can't hang with that, but Cactus doesn't mind. She's been seeing an armadillo for a while and it really seems to be working out.||„|
|~ Cactus's Almanac Entry.|
The Cactus is one of the main protagonists of the Plants vs. Zombies franchise. She is an anthropomorphic cactus who takes parts in fighting zombies.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 History
- 3 Variants
- 4 Powers and Abilities
- 5 Garlic Drone
- 6 Other appearances
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Navigation
Cactus is a plant-based on the real-life plant with the same name. She has a flower on top of her head, her eyes have red pupils, and a mouth to shoot spikes.
Plants vs. Zombies
Cactus can be obtained in level 4-3. In this game, she costs 125 suns, and she can shoot spikes at zombies. Additionally, she can stretch up and pop the balloons from the balloon zombies.
Plants vs. Zombies 2
Cactus returned in the sequel of the first game as a Premium plant, which the players have to pay $4.99 to unlock. She can shoot strikethrough spikes and hides underground when a zombie is close to her. When being underground, she acts as a spikeweed to deal with damages to zombies above it. When Plant Food is applied, she turns blue and can deal more damages to zombies. She is in Spear-mint's family, a family of piercing plants.
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare series
Cactus appeared as one of the playable characters on the Plants' side. Her primary weapon is Spike Shot.
In Battle for Neighborville, she is in Defend class. Her new primary weapons are Spike Strike and Needle Shot.
Plants vs. Zombies Heroes
|“||It's true. I'm prickly on the outside but spongy on the inside.||„|
|~ Cactus's card description.|
Cactus appeared in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes as a Cactus Flower Plant card of Guardian class. She costs 2, and her rarity is Premium - Uncommon. Her strengths and healths are 1/5, with her trait is Bullseye (when she hurts the Zombie Hero, the block meter does not fill up).
- Camo Cactus
- Fire Cactus
- Ice Cactus
- Power Cactus
- Future Cactus
- Bandit Cactus
- Citrus Cactus
- Jade Cactus
- Zen Cactus
- Petrified Cactus
Powers and Abilities
- Spike Shot: Cactus's signature move, as she can shoot spikes at zombies.
- Needle Shot: Cactus's secondary weapon as she can shoot needles at zombies further away.
- Elasticity: Cactus can stretch herself up to pop the balloons from the balloon zombies.
- Hiding: Cactus can hide and act like a spikeweed.
- Petal Propeller: She can use her petals to help her fly.
- Potato Mine: A potato that can explode and nearly instant-kill a zombie when stepped on it.
- Potato Nugget Mine: A weaker potato, but can be planted more than one.
- Pizzazzling Potato Mine: It is a potato that has nothing different from the original counterpart besides its appearance.
- Tallnut Battlement: A barrier of Wall-nuts and Tall-nuts that acts as a shield for Cactus.
- Iron Maiden: A barrier of Armored Wall-nut for Cactus.
- Bling Maiden: It is similar to the Iron Maiden but gold-colored.
The Garlic Drone is one of Cactus's ability. It is an anthropomorphic drone that shoots needles at zombies.
There are three variants of Garlic Drone:
- Artichoke Drone
- Red Artichoke Drone
- Dark Garlic Drone
Powers and Abilities
- Flight: The Garlic Drone can fly in different altitude.
- Corn Strike: It can drop multiple corns at a radius to deal damages to zombies.
- Big Bulb Barrage: It also can shoots out 7 explosive garlic bulbs.
Plants vs. Zombies comics
Cactus appeared as one of the plants who take parts in fighting zombies with Nate Timeley and Patrice Blazing
- Cactus is also one of the few characters in the franchise to dab, the other being Nate Timeley and the Yeti King.
- As seen during one of Cactus's Battle for Neighborville gestures, she briefly dabs.