|“||Brothers. Does every sister have to deal with this? No. Do I have to deal with this? Of course. You'd think I'd have better things to do and more important things to worry about. Every single day it's one thing after another. But do Mom and Dad see it? No. Do they get in trouble? No. And another thing...||„|
|~ Candance Flynn about her life.|
Candace Lori Gertrude Flynn-Fletcher (born July 11) is one of the two tritagonists (alongside Perry the Platypus) of Disney Channel's Phineas and Ferb, the teteragonist of the 2011 film Phineas & Ferb Across the Second Dimension, and the titular main protagonist of the 2020 film Phineas & Ferb The Movie: Candace Against The Universe. She is the daughter of Linda Flynn, older sister of Phineas Flynn and step-sister of Ferb Fletcher. Her day usually consists of attempting to bully and bust her brother and stepbrother to their mother, Linda, because of their continuous inventing, which Candace disapproves of unless if it's for using them for personal gain, but by the time Linda arrives to see what they are doing, they always look perfectly innocent and normal.
Candace wears a red sleeveless top and a white skirt. She has also worn a white T-shirt that reveals her midriff with jeans, a swimsuit, and a ballgown.
In Hail Doofania! due to mix up at the dry cleaners, she is forced to wear Vanessa's tight-fitting black leather coat, black long pants, and black calf-high boots.
She is usually seen talking on her cell phone to her friend Stacy Hirano, and acts much like a stereotypical teenager when not trying to stop her brothers' antics. Although Candace continuously tries to bust Phineas and Ferb and finds them annoying, she at heart truly does care about them and tries to keep them safe from harm. This was demonstrated when she saved Phineas from falling off a drawbridge into a river and when she boarded Mitch's space station to rescue her brothers and Isabella from the evil alien's clutches. It can also be assumed that Candace wants to bust her brothers because she is afraid that they might get hurt since they are too young to do all these things, and thinks that their creations are dangerous, or maybe because she thinks that what they are doing is wrong and have to be stopped.
Candace is neurotic and insecure, all the aspects one would find in that of a stereotypical teenage girl. She is also incredibly obsessive, to the point where Candace's life long dream was that to bust her little brothers, Phineas and Ferb, because of the dangerous things they build, in fact, her catchphrase became "you are so busted!" Candace also frantically wants to keep her social life active which is normally why she spends that amount of time on her phone. Candace's frequent obsessions also range to her tremendous crush on her neighbor Jeremy Johnson whom Candace utterly adores and he remains partially ignorant to her admiration. She also has several control issues but in contrast to this, she is actually a very responsible teenage adult who does truly care for Phineas and Ferb despite them constantly getting on her nerves.
- Her Voice Actress, Ashley Tisdale also plays as Maddie Fitzpatrick from The Suite Life of Zack & Cody.
- "Amanda" and "Xavier" are the two names that Candace had picked out for her future children. Given her interest in Jeremy, it's possible that he is the father of both children. This was later confirmed by Dan Povenmire during the 2015 San Diego ComicCon convention.
- Xavier, Fred's, and Amanda's situation is analogous to Phineas, Ferb's, and Candace's except rather than trying to "bust" her brothers for doing something, Amanda tries to bust Xavier and Fred for doing nothing. This being the case, Xavier is the Phineas of the pair as he talks more and he even tells that Fred that he likes Phineas while Fred responds that he likes Ferb.
- She is very similar to Squidward Tentacles from Nickeldeon's SpongeBob SquarePants who was being annoyed by SpongeBob and Patrick.
- Her personality is very similar to Bulma from the Dragon Ball franchise as well as Gloria Sato from Big City Greens and Lori Loud from The Loud House.