|Kamen Rider Black finds the lack of categories on this page suspicious, and suspects it may be a Gorgom plot.|
Help by adding new categories to the article!
Note: This is the Prime version of Cannonbolt, For his Reboot Counterpart, See Here
Cannonbolt is the Omnitrix's DNA sample of an Arburian Pelarota from the destroyed planet Arburia.
In Alien Force through Ultimate Alien, he was voiced by Dee Bradley Baker.
He is a hulking, broad-shouldered alien covered in natural armor plating, and by curling up into a ball, much like an armadillo or pillbug, he can encase himself in his armor, becoming virtually invulnerable; also, in his balled-up form, he can roll across terrain at high speeds.
In Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, Cannonbolt's armor is more curved, the stripe on his torso is gone, his eyes are now green, and the Omnitrix symbol is on his chest.
In Omniverse, Cannonbolt looks like a mix between his Alien Force/Ultimate Alien and Original Series looks, but is shorter. 11-year-old Ben has Cannonbolt's Omnitrix on his forehead like in the original series. In the original series, Cannonbolt is one of the most popular aliens during the Ben 10 series.
Powers and Abilities
- Ball Form: Cannonbolt's main method of attack and defence is when he curls up into a ball so that his armor is completely covering him.
- Enhanced Durability: Cannonbolt's armor can withstand atmospheric re-entry.
- Enhanced Speed: Cannonbolt is able to move fast enough to overwhelm Kevin who had 10% of XLR8's speed.
- Wall Climbing: Cannonbolt can move fast enough to scale vertical walls.
- Enhanced Agility: Contrary to popular belief, Cannonbolt can turn surprisingly well and is able to dodge laser fire.
- Enhanced Stamina: Cannonbolt's advanced musculature is considerably more efficient. As a result, his muscles produce practically no fatigue toxins during physical activity. His virtually inexhaustible stamina enables him to exert himself at peak capacity for an undefined period of time without tiring at all. Cannonbolt's body can even handle the stress of moving at great speeds for extended periods without getting tired in his ball form.
- Heat Resistance: Cannonbolt is able to withstand molten lava.
- Enhanced Strength: Cannonbolt is strong enough to punch through concrete.
- Enhanced Recovery: Cannonbolt was able to recover a few seconds after being struck by lightning.
- Limited Space Survivability: Cannonbolt is able to survive in space for a few minutes and was able to attack Albedo's ship despite there being nothing to create friction.
The first time Ben used Cannonbolt was in "The Big Tick", but it was an accidental transformation, Ben intended to turn into XLR8 to go to a fast-food restaurant; the first intentional transformation was made in the same episode to try to stop "The Great One" for destroying Earth. In "Ben 10,000" and "Ken 10", he now has black pants and more black around his forehead. Cannonbolt replaced Ghostfreak as the ninth alien from season 3 onward as Ghostfreak broke out of the Omnitrix as Zs'Skayr.
He was originally meant to be one of the original ten aliens, but was replaced by Ghostfreak & Diamondhead in production.
- His Original voice actor, Fred Tatasciore is best known for voicing as Hulk from The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes through Guardians of the Galaxy, Rocksteady/Ivan Steranko from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012), Shifu from Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness, Kakuzu from Naruto Shippuden, Komodo, Zon and Munya from The Secret Saturdays.