|This hero was proposed but was rejected by the community for not being admirable enough or lacks what is necessary to be a purely good hero. Therefore, this hero shall be added to our "Never Again List", where proposed heroes rejected by the community shall be placed to prevent future proposals of the same do-gooder. They can be proposed again (with the permission of an administrator) if new elements appear in their series that can change their status as non-PG heroes.|
Any act of adding this hero to the Pure Good category without a proposal or creating a proposal for this hero without the permission of an administrator will result in a ban.
|“||I've been fighting with one hand tied behind my back. What happens when I'm finally set free?||„|
|~ Carol Danvers in Captain Marvel.|
|“||I'm coming to end it. The war, the lies, all of it.||„|
|~ Captain Marvel to Yon-Rogg.|
Carol Danvers, also known as Captain Marvel, is the titular protagonist of Captain Marvel, a supporting character in Avengers: Endgame, and is set to be the titular protagonist of Captain Marvel 2. An Air Force Lieutenant-turned-Colonel, Danvers had ran afoul of the despotic alien race; the Kree. She was endowed with cosmic powers by a Tesseract-powered light engine explosion.
Carol is portrayed by Brie Larson, who also portrayed Beatrice Leep in Hoot, Envy Adams in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, and Mason Weaver in Kong: Skull Island. McKenna Grace and London Fuller portray the younger Carol; the former also portrayed young Caroline Forbes in The Vampire Diaries, young Emma Swan in Once Upon a Time, young Sabrina Spellman in The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, and Judy Warren in Annabelle Comes Home, and voiced young Daphne Blake in Scoob. She was voiced by Nana Mizuki in the Japanese Dub, who also voiced Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games.
- 1 History
- 2 Personality
- 3 Powers and Abilities
- 4 Relationships
- 5 Quotes
- 6 Trivia
- 7 See Also
- 8 Navigation
Carol Danvers was the daughter of Joseph Danvers, and played many sports as a child (e.g. baseball).
Military Service and Gaining her Powers
Carol would join the United States Air Force, and befriend Maria Rambeau, and became her daughter's godmother, Monica. Danvers would meet Dr. Wendy Lawson, and became a contributor to Project P.E.G.A.S.U.S. on the Light-Speed Engine.
During one test flight, both her and Lawson were struck down by unknown assailants. Lawson informed Danvers of who she was, and attempted to destroy the engine, but was killed by the assailant. When Carol went to destroy the engine herself, it exploded, and she absorbed its powers and was knocked unconscious.
The assailants were Starforce, a Kree unit led by Yon-Rogg, who decided to take Danvers as she could be some use since she absorbed the energy. She was taken to Hala where Yon-Rogg transfused his blood into her, and placed a Photon Inhibitor to suppress her powers and memories. Danvers was told that she was a Kree that had amnesia due to a Skrull attack, and went by the name "Vers" due it being the last letters on her damaged dog tag.
Captain Marvel (2019)
|“||I'm not gonna fight your war! I'm gonna end it!||„|
|~ Captain Marvel to Talos.|
Defeating the Kree
When Ronan arrived with his fleet, Danvers flew into combat by destroying ballistic missiles. After destroying the entire fleet, Ronan decided to retreat, and referred to Danvers as "a weapon". With Earth safe from the skies, Carol returned to the surface to face against Yon-Rogg. He attempted to start a fight in hand-to-hand, but Danvers blasted him in the chest, stating she had nothing to prove to him. While dragging him to his pod, she instructed him to tell Supreme intelligence that she is coming to end the wars and lies.
Carol returned to the Rambeau's home where they celebrated their victory over the Kree, and was nicknamed "Marvel" by Nick Fury. Carol then returned him his pager, having modified it so that she could call him.
Impact on Fury
After Captain Marvel left Earth, Fury realized that Earth needed an arsenal of superheroes who could protect it from threats. Fury decided to create the Avengers Initiative after Danvers' nickname, and the Avengers were assembled in 2012. The Avengers fought against many threats, fighting a Norse God, alien army, and a destructive artificial intelligence, but Fury didn't contact Carol with the transmitter. It is unknown why he didn't do so, but it's assumed that he didn't think the threats were that high, or she was unable to return due to her own adventures.
Call for Help
|“||Where is Fury?||„|
|~ Captain Marvel to the Avengers.|
Nick Fury would send a call for help to Danvers after Thanos successfully collected all of the infinity stones, and decimated half of all life in the entire universe. Receiving the message, Danvers returned to Earth and located the page at the New Avengers Facility, where she meets the few survivors: Captain America, Thor, Hulk, and War Machine, and Rocket Raccoon. Danvers entered the facility and encountered the Avengers, asking them where Fury was.
|“||Listen, fur-face. I'm covering a lot of territory. The things that are happening on Earth are happening everywhere, on thousands of planets.||„|
|~ Captain Marvel to Rocket Raccoon.|
Captain Marvel rescues Iron Man and Nebula after the two get stranded in outer space after leaving Titan. Later, after Hulk/Bruce Banner uses the Infinity Gauntlet to undo the snap and bring everyone back to life, Captain Marvel joined the rest of the heroes in their fight against Thanos and his army of Chitauri, Outriders, and the Black Order. Danvers fought against the Mad Titan himself, but was eventually knocked down, but witnessed his death at the hands of Iron Man. Danvers attended Tony Stark/Iron Man's funeral, honoring his sacrifice, and reunited with Nick Fury.
In episode 5 "On a very Special Episode", when discussing about Wanda's level of power rising, as Monica notes that she almost beat Thanos, and Jimmy chimes in that Captain Marvel almost did as well.
Captain Marvel 2
Carol is an extremely stubborn and rebellious individual who always wants to prove herself. Due to being told what to do or what her limits are her entire life, she has a tendency to act recklessly when attempting to do something, which often results in accidents.
Powers and Abilities
- Human-Kree Hybrid Physiology/Cosmic Enhancement: Carol's powers are the result of having absorbed the energy of the Space Stone, gaining almost unlimited cosmic powers and making her one of the most powerful beings in the entire universe. This also gave Carol superhuman physical attributes, such as superhuman strength, durability, endurance, speed, reflexes, agility, an accelerated healing factor, longevity, flight, etc. After being found by Yon-Rogg and taken to Hala, Carol was subjected to a Kree blood transfusion by Yon-Rogg himself, which essentially turned her into a Kree-human hybrid. While restrained by the Inhibitor, Carol could only produce cosmic energy from her hands in the form of photon blasts, but upon destroying the inhibitor, she became fully capable to summon this energy at will, when she does she emits the energy as a glowing aura surrounding her which causes her suit, eyes and hair to glow radiantly.
- Superhuman Strength: Due to her human-Kree hybrid heritage, Carol has strength beyond human levels as she is able to defeat many Skrulls and Kree with relative ease. After releasing all her cosmic power, Carol became considerably stronger, enough to dominate the Starforce members with almost no effort, as well as hit Yon-Rogg's ship with enough force to knock it down. She was also able to stop a Kree ballistic missile with her bare hands and redirect it to the bombardment released by the Accusers, as well as destroy a Kree warship by punching through its hull at high speeds. Captain Marvel's immense strength allowed her to take the Benatar from outer space to the Avengers' base without any visible effort. During the attack on Thanos' Farm, Carol was able to take down a weakened Thanos and then put him in a headlock that Thanos could not free himself from. During the final battle against Thanos, Danvers was able to destroy a Sanctaury ship effortlessly and surprise Thanos, bending his leg and landing several powerful punches on him, which caused the Titan to wobble. Captain Marvel also exerted her strength in both arms to stop Thanos and prevent him from snapping his fingers, as well as holding the Nano Gauntlet open with relative ease and even overcoming Thanos and managing to put him on his knees, forcing Thanos to pull the Power Stone from the Gauntlet to blast her away.
- Superhuman Durability: Due to her human-Kree hybrid heritage, Carol's skin, muscle and bone tissue are several times denser to the point of making her almost invulnerable. As such, Carol possesses resistance to blunt trauma, falls from high altitudes, energy shots, and large explosions. After releasing all of her cosmic power, she gained the ability to survive in the vacuum of space without her helmet. Carol left completely unharmed after being thrown against several debris due to the explosion of the quantum tunnel. Carol's incredible durability allowed her to resist being thrown away by Thanos and quickly getting up to face him again. During another sequence where Thanos hit Carol with his head directly in the face, she did not flinch and proceeded to confront him. However, she is not completely invulnerable, and getting hit hard by Thanos' fist charged with the energy of the Power Stone was enough to knock her out.
- Superhuman Speed: Due to her human-Kree hybrid heritage, Carol is capable of moving at speeds beyond human levels. She is able to overwhelm several Skrulls, including Talos, in hand-to-hand combat and easily dodged their wild attacks while landing her own blows as well. While chasing a Skrull through the city of Los Angeles, Carol was able to keep up with the speed of a train to finally get on top of it. She was also able to handle her former Starforce compatriots in combat, easily dodging their attacks. Also, by combining her speed with her flight capacity, she can travel at the speed of light.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Due to her human-Kree hybrid heritage, Carol has reflexes beyond human levels as she can react to and dodge objects that travel at high speeds, with her dodging many of the blows of the Skrulls and later the members of the Starforce with relative ease and almost effortlessly. Also, while flying, she was able to dodge the gunshots of the Kree warship.
- Superhuman Stamina: Due to her human-Kree hybrid heritage, Carol's advanced musculature is considerably more efficient than that of normal humans. As a result, her muscles produce practically no fatigue toxins during physical activity compared to those of humans. Her virtually inexhaustible stamina enables her to exert herself at peak capacity for an undefined period of time without tiring at all.
- Superhuman Longevity: Due to her human-Kree hybrid heritage, Carol has an incredibly long lifespan as she is capable of living for long periods of time. Because she ages slower as she grows older, she still retains the appearance of a young woman in her prime.
- Superhuman Lung Capacity: Due to her human-Kree hybrid heritage, Carol has a lung capacity to hold her breath in outer space for long periods of time.
- Superhuman Healing Factor: Due to her human-Kree hybrid heritage, Carol can heal and regenerate from any injuries, even those that would normally kill humans.
- Photon Blasts: Carol can shoot powerful photon blasts from her hands, strong enough to pulverize concrete, extremely strong metal objects and send opponents flying several meters with a single shot. Carol was able to use her photon blasts to destroy a balcony where a Skrull was attacking her, to destroy part of a tunnel and to break the roof of the train so she can enter it. She could also use a beam to knock Talos down in human form, which left him momentarily unconscious. She used her photon blasts to shoot down and destroy Kree battleships with a single shot, to the point that she managed to destroy the entire fleet commanded by Ronan. She was able to effortlessly topple Yon-Rogg with a single shot that sent him flying several feet into the air. In addition, Danvers can use energy to increase the damage behind her blows. Currently, Carol seems to prefer to use her photon blasts in her blows during combat. However, she used a photon blast against Thanos, which he blocked with his left hand, which had embedded the Infinity Gauntlet.
- Flight: While enveloping herself with cosmic energy, Carol can fly and glide through the air without help. She can fly at incredible speed, allowing her to take off into the atmosphere and even outer space and land safely on a planet's surface with ease. She can also maneuver with great precision in any direction, as well as float in one place. She quickly mastered the power of flight to the point where she could fly to the outer edges of the atmosphere in seconds to destroy incoming ships sent by Ronan. Later, when she decided to help the Skrulls to find a new world to inhabit, she was able to fly next to the ship of the Skrulls at the speed of light.
- Expert Hand-To-Hand Combatant: As a former U.S. Air Force officer and former member of the Starforce, Carol is an extremely skilled hand-to-hand combatant. She had extensive combat training under the direction of Yon-Rogg.
- Master Pilot: As a test pilot for Project P.E.G.A.S.U.S., Carol is capable of flying various aircrafts; such as a jet plane. She easily piloted the improved aircraft with the energy of the Space Stone and even held an aerial battle with Yon-Rogg, which demonstrates Danvers' incredible ability to fly. Even when under her Vers persona, Danvers could operate a Quadjet, a vehicle which would have been unfamiliar to a Kree, as if by instinct. Later, she was able to pilot the Quadjet as they headed to Mar-Vell's Laboratory in outer space. She was also able to co-pilot the Benatar, along with Rocket, as they made their way to Thanos' Farm.
- Expert Engineer: Since returning to Earth, Carol has demonstrated remarkable aptitude with enhancing Earth communications technology; such as a payphone or Nick Fury's pager, into intergalactic communicators.
- Captain Marvel suit: Five years after the Decimation, Carol began to wear a new uniform, something similar to the previous one, but with new accessories such as a sash on her belt.
- Starforce suit: Carol possesses a uniform to use on her missions within Starforce. The uniform had a built-in universal translator that allows its wearer to understand the language of anyone they interact with and be able to speak their language back to them. The uniform also contains a device capable of analyzing and identifying any object placed within it on the uniform's sleeve. The uniform's color scheme can also be customized to suit the user's preferences via a device located on the uniform's sleeve, which Danvers took advantage of when she no longer felt morally comfortable wearing Kree colors.
- Helmet Generation: The uniform also includes a collapsible helmet that can fit around the wearer's head, and leaves some of Carol's hair exposed in a mohawk. The helmet can generate its own atmosphere and allows the wearer to breathe in the vacuum of space, as well as underwater, where it will give off a blue glow to provide light. The helmet also has the ability to change the color scheme in conjunction with the uniform.
- Photon Inhibitor: This device was utilized by the Supreme Intelligence to keep Carol's powers in check and ensure she would not lose control of them. The device was able to limit the amount of energy that Carol could emit and even revoke this power entirely. The device could also limit Carol's physical attributes such as her superhuman strength and durability due to the fact that they are directly proportional to how much cosmic energy Carol produces. Carol eventually destroyed the device, unlocking her true potential.
|“||I keep having these memories. I see flashes... I think I had a life here, but I can't tell if it's real.||„|
|~ Danvers on her amnesia.|
Your commander insists that you're fit to serve.
You struggle with your emotions, with your past which fuels them
|~ Supreme Intelligence and Captain Marvel.|
|“||I have nothing to prove to you.||„|
|~ Captain Marvel to Yon-Rogg after she is easily beaten with a photon explosion.|
|“||I can't go back empty-handed.||„|
|“||You won't be empty-handed.
I'm sending you with a message. Tell the Supreme Intelligence that I'm coming to end it. The war, the lies, all of it.
|~ Yon-Rogg and Captain Marvel.|
- She is the first superheroine to get a titular solo film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, second will be Black Widow in an upcoming film.
- She is a fan of Guns N' Roses.
- Captain Marvel was supposed to appear in Avengers: Age of Ultron, as she was originally in the script, but was removed when it got released.
- She was also supposed to appear in Jessica Jones when it was going to air on ABC, but Trish Walker filled in the role when it got made, and the show went to Netflix.
- Ronda Rousey, Katheryn Winnick, Natalie Dormer, Emily Blunt, Katee Sackhoff, Yvonne Strahovski, and Rebecca Ferguson were considered for the role of Carol Danvers before Brie Larson was cast.
- Since Captain Marvel is going to have her own sequels, she is going to be a major character of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.