|“||It was before that, two things. You remember, during the war, we did some bad things and bad things happened to us. War is where the young and stupid are tricked by the old and bitter into killing each other. I was very young, and very angry. Maybe that is no excuse.||„|
|~ Niko Bellic|
Not all Gangsters are evil jacket-tux wearing villains. Heroic Gangsters or Heroic Mafians are members of a gang, mafia, or any type of organizations of a group of/for criminals. Many of these types of Heroic Gangsters would originate from various media such as Live Action Television, Novel Books, Movies, and so on. They are often seen as Anti-Heroes due to their affiliation with criminals and protecting them and/or committing crimes with the group.
Heroic Gangsters may range from:
- Heroic Gangsters - Many of these Gangsters will often be in a group or groups fighting against another side. In the end, they are Gangsters that are part of a group. They may even fight to the death if they have to. They are either forced into a Gang or are misguided into being part of the Gang. Whichever the story went, the character who is part of at least a Gang, Mafia, etc would fall under the category of Heroic Gangsters.
- Heroic Jerks - Just like Anti-Heroes they are on the good side but have selfish motives. They are usually good for the sake of the money, fame, and power just like what's been seen out of most villains who were in for certain things for their own personal gain. They may be mean or rude to anyone.
- Heroic Sociopaths - They are easily misguided due to an unsolved traumatic experience may get to them. Much like the Good Hearted Bastards, they are Anti Heroes who are on the good side but have the selfish motives that make them greedy. To draw a distinction from Good Hearted Bastards, Heroic Sociopaths are known to have an Anti-Social behavior, they are known to break the law and would have zero empathy for their problems depending on the character in question. Many of them do not have enough of the empathy at certain times and would have a small amount of it.
- Good Hearted Bastards - Many of these types of heroes are fraudulent and untrustworthy. They won't be as honest halo wearing angels. But many of them would often relate with this category and fit into this category since they are a mix of Heroic Jerks and Heroic Sociopaths since they have been an antagonist for the start and then become a redeemed villain or a self-reproachful anti-hero. Many of them may have been hard to be sympathetic towards the audience or the characters in the story due to their every action that may have not been the best necessary committed choices.
- Heroic Criminals - Many of the Heroic Gangsters are likely criminals. They have committed a crime with associating with disparate groups of mafias, gangs and so on. Heroic Gangsters commit various crimes of robbery, murder, theft, etc. Much like the GTA Heroes, A lot of them can end up being villains as well due to their foul culprit actions taken.
- Heroic Xenophobes - Many of them may also be Xenophobic as most Gangsters are on a side of their own and face another side that they would often fight for their different nature with their looks or a personal matter.
- Fallen Heroes - Many of the Heroic Gangsters could also be villains as well. Heroic Gangsters could often be in gangs and go on various schemes on doing very nefarious things that make them amoral and Fallen Heroes. Due to the usuals of what Gangsters would do, plenty of these Heroic Gangsters could ultimately fit into this category.
Many of these Heroic Gangsters would not be able to qualify as Pure Good as they have anti-heroic criminal and how they have crossed the line numerous times and are seen in the Grey Zone making them be seen villains. It would be incredibly impossible for these types of Heroic Gangsters to qualify as Pure Good since they are inherently bad due to their corrupting influence.
All items (220)