|“||I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Allied to good, nightmare to you!||„|
|~ Goku to Frieza|
A Protector of Innocence is a hero who effectively "protects" the innocence of a story, setting, or character, they are often especially gracious beings who change lives for the better and their heroics can never truly be reversed as it enhances the concept of "innocence," though some rarer examples do not fully know they are responsible for this occuring. Generally, these heroes tend to be Pure Good.
Protector of Innocence is the good opposite of a Destroyer of Innocence.
Examples of this type of hero are as follows:
- Any character who makes a speech to his community, friends, or family. (Many "Feminist" types fall into this category)
- Heroes who stand up to the enemy after the ones they deeply care about are harshly mistreated. (A good example is Erza Scarlet standing up to Midnight after seeing him psychologically abuse Jellal Fernandes)
- Characters who profoundly take the place of an accused or mistreated person without hesitation.
- Heroes who step between the enemy and someone special.
- Heroes who admit the truth. (Princess Merida and Yukine both admitted that they were wrong about their ways. Oscar from Shark Tale is another good example, when he admits to everyone that he lied about being a Sharkslayer)
- A character who gives up their lives or personal wants for other people, even it involves great sacrifice. Examples of this are Minato Namikaze from Naruto and Piccolo from Dragonball Z.
- Heroes who stand up for their people.
- Characters who block the enemy's blow.
- Heroes who confess their love for another.
- Heroes who return to face something or someone, especially if their resolve is noble and beneficent in nature. (A good example would be Simba's resolve in The Lion King.)
All items (4157)