|“||You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders.||„|
|~ Jor-El telling his son, Superman, he is Earth's savior in the 2013 movie, Man of Steel.|
- All-Loving Hero: This character, simply put, loves everyone. Loves them with a deep, spiritual love that means they will shake heaven and earth, destroy gods and planets, bring nations to their knees, etc. for the person they just met yesterday. They will believe the best of everyone, and constantly give someone a second chance (though they will defeat the Big Bad). They repay cruelty with kindness and anger with calm. Indeed, should these heroes kill anybody, it is more than likely to be a despicable monster that even they know is beyond redemption. Harry Potter, Kagome Higurashi, and Touma Kamijou are good examples of this type of hero.
- Messianic Archetype: It is a character whose role in the story (but not necessarily personality) echoes that of Christ. They are portrayed as a savior, whether the thing they are saving is a person, a lot of people or the whole of humanity. They endure a sizable sacrifice as the means of bringing that salvation about for others, a fate they do not deserve up to and including death or a Fate Worse than Death. Examples include Goku and Kamina.
- Moral Heroes: It is a character who has a very strong sense of right and wrong, and always does the right thing, or at least tries to do the right thing.
- This term "All-Loving Hero" has been taken from TV tropes. For more information, see the original article.
- This term "Messianic Archetype" has been taken from TV tropes. For more information, see the original article.
- Not to be confused with Dark Messiah.
All items (981)