|“||Vivio taught me to never lost any hope regardless no matter what happened back then! She also taught me the true meaning of friendship and to rely in other…how to believe in other as well as how they believe in yourself…I pity you for not being able to feel such thing!||„|
|~ Chris Yukine|
|“||I think this old geezer is pretty desperate for summoning these not so suitable heroic spirits for open frontal battle! Let's rock!||„|
|~ Chris Yukine|
Chris Yukine (雪音 クリス Yukine Kurisu) is one of the seven main heroines of Symphogear series. She was originally a villainess to support the main villainess, Fine, a person who wielded a Nehushtan armor stolen from the Zwei Wing in two years before the start of the series. Later, she joins forces with the heroines before saving the world.
- Chris - Derived from the Greek, which means annointed.
- Yukine - Derived from the Japanese, which means snow.
Chris is a short teenage girl with purple eyes and long silver hair that falls to her legs or knees, split into twintails that split into three.
During her eight years of age, She wore a pink dress with pink (combination of red and white) tied with two laces, short cloudy sleeves, long pink and white sleeve dress, long socks, and crimson shoes. In anime artworks, she wears a long, loose pink pajama with frills that expose her upper body.
In Symphogear G, Chris Yukine's hair color got chaged into white by wearing pink ties in her hair. Her current outfit consists of a low-collar, long-sleeved and red/maroon dress with lace and cloudy white skirts underneath her body.
In Symphogear GX, She wears a sleeveless pink shirt with multiple buttons, maroon shorts, black thigh-like socks that reach up to the torso with garters and rose buttons on them. In Symphogear AXZ, She wears a pink shirt with detached sleeves and a golden breastplate on her breast and white long socks. During Symphogear G, she wears the Lydian Academy School Uniform similar to the rest of the Symphogear heroines. Her uniform is defualtly loose-fitting with her large bust, and the cuff of long sleeves have gone to her waist.
As a result of her harsh life, Chris is hot-headed, villainous, and aggressive, quick to distrust others, including the rest of the adults. Nevertheless, she declared her duty to destroy everyone else with power under the command of Fine before reaching the goal. Upon witnessing the truth that Fine is destroying the world. However, Chris hates the thoughts of hating people.
Though Chris is rebellious by showing hatred and resentment towards Fine for mistreating, and manipulating the rest of the adults, being addicted to sexual tortures and abuse at the hands of Fine for the evil amusement. She still holds some feelings for Fine. Seeking approval, Chris believes that Fine is the only person who recognizes her. In Symphogear G, Chris Yukine was still a hatful person. Eventually, she was able to overcome hatred in the anime convention with help of her friends. From Episode 10 to 12, Chris Yukine has a bitter rivalry against Tsubasa Kazanari. In the end, Chris has been reformed again.
Starting Symphogear GX and onwards, Chris Yukine is no longer a hateful person. Because she eventually became loyal to her friends. Aside of her loyalty, she had also greater sense of Adaptional Heroism just like Finé. She is ready to fight back against other villainous threats like the Alchemists and the Autoscorers.
Attacks and Abilities
Holy Magical Transformation
Killter Ichaival tron
Chris is the owner of Second Relic Ichaival. As a Symphogear user, Chris has the ability to fight Noise with the use of the anti-Noise armour, the Symphogear, that clads her in battle. As a candidate for the Symphogear, she can activate relics with her song and summon armed gear in battle.
Her Armed Gear is a pair of crossbows that fire up to five homing beam arrows each. The Gear forms from her forearm armor and can retract at will to allow use of her hands. They also have a smaller pistol form more suited for close combat.
- NIRVANA GEDON - This former attack was used only in the first season. Used while wearing the former armor, this attack is a large white energy sphere by using the black electricity which forms at the end of Armor's chain-whip; so that, it can be flung against the enemy.
- NIRVANA MAGOG - It was used only in XDU Exclusive. Chris uses the chain-whip of the Nehustian armor above her head by spinning. She successfully throws the enemy target
- MEGA DETH PARTY - Chris Yukine unleashes twenty-four missiles from the box-like rectangular missile box. During the activation of X-Drive transfomration, this attack has unleashed the multiple homing lasers. During the activation of Ignite Module transformation, Chris Yukine unleashes the continous barrage of countless missiles on the enemy targets.
- MEGA DETH QUARTET - Chris Yukine upgraded the powerful attack version of
- BILLION MAIDEN - Chris Yukine changed her crossbows into tri-barrel gatling guns to have a multiple shoot towards the rest of the enemy targets. Although, it is somtimes useless against the enemy with faster speeds.
- ROSES OF DEATH - It was used only in episode 11 of Symphogear original series. Chris Yukine fires a laser beam towards the single target. Chris Yukine sacrifices herself to fire a laser beam against the target by singing a swan song.
- ETRNAL SABBATH - It was used only at the final episode. During her X-Drive Transformnation, Chris unfold her powerful Gear to fire a powerful red beam against the Red Dragon of Revelations.
- S2CA Tri Burst - An augmented version of S2CA Tri Burst which is used by Hibiki, Tsubasa, and Chris. as well as all 7 billion people on Earth, producing enough combined phonic gain to unlock the X-Drive of all six Symphogears, which together ram into the target as a bright lance of rainbow light.
- GIGA ZEPPELIN - It was first used by Chris Yukine in Symphogear G. Chris increases length and width of crossbow to shoot them towards the rest of the target. It can summon the larger number of smaller spikes which can rain down on the enemy targets.
- QUEEN'S INFERNO - Chris Yukine shoots the multiple arrows, which can add an additional firing assault, resulting the shooting rate
- Vitalization - It was used only in the final Episode of Symphogear GX. A six-member combination attack accessible only in X-Drive, which forms a pair of large arms out of Gungnir and Airgetlam's armor components that deliver a combined punch fueled by the energy of all six Symphogears.
- MEGA DETH SYMPHONY - It was used by Chris Yukine in Symphogear GX. She fires a large single missile on the enemy target.
- MEGA DETH FUGA - Chris Yukine launches the two large missiles/rockets towards the enemy.
- ARTHEMIS SPIRAL - During Ignite Module/Non-Ignite Module Transformation, Chris Yukine fires powerful barrier-piercing/penetrating arrow towards the enemy target in one blow/hit, which can pierce or penetrate the barrier.
- MEGA DETH INFINITY - Chris Yukine launches a infinite large missiles or rockets on the enemy targets.
- ARTHEMIS CAPTURE - It was first used in episode 1 of Symphogear AXZ. Chris Yukine shoots the powerful barrier-piercing/penetrating arrow towards the enemy target
- TRINITY RESONANCE - This is combined attack done by Hibiki, Tsubasa, and Chris with their superb song. During the mission, they were able to land the airship into the wall, thus completing their duties. It causes the enemy to have a photokinetic explosion. It also pierces or penetrates the enemy barrier.
- Change the Future - It was used only in Episode 8 of Symphogear AXZ to defeat and kill Cagliostro. It was performed by Chris Yukine and Maria Cadenzavna Eve.
- ARTHEMIS EIDOLON - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- SPREAD ZEPPELIN - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- SURFING PRIEST - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- ETERNAL SABBATH - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- VIKING ALESTORM - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- QUEEN'S VORTEX - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- MEGA DETH CARNIVAL - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- DESTRUCTION SABBATH - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- RED HOT RAIN - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- QUEEN'S ABYSS - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- WEEZER CRISIS - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- ARTHEMIS LOTUS - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- VOIVOD RUSH - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- BRILLIANT STONES - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- QUEEN'S SILVERRAIN - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- ELEMENTAL METALLICA - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- PASSIONATO AFTERGLOW - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- FIERCE MAIDEN - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- ROSES OF DEATH - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- QUEEN'S GUST - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- ASSAULT MAIDEN - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- SPLASH PRIEST - It was used only in XDU Exclusive.
- Synchrogazer - This ultimate attack that was used by Tsubasa, Chris and Hibiki using the complete Relic, Durandal. Most of the power in this attack was from Hibiki, but Tsubasa, Chris and Hibiki's friends helped keep Hibiki grounded to her real self and they contributed to the attack.
Insert Songs Featured in:
- Makyū Ichaival (TV Series)
- Tsunaida Te Dake ga Tsumugu Mono (TV Series)
- Bye-Bye Lullaby (G)
- Kyōshitsu Monochrome (G)
- TRUST HEART (GX)
- Hōkago Key Holder (GX)
- GUN BULLET XXX (AXZ)
- Todoke Happy Uta Zukin!(AXZ)
- Take this! "All loaded" (XV)
- Ashita no Akashi (XV)
- SAKURA BLIZZARD (XDU Exclusive)
- SONG FOR THE WORLD (XDU Exclusive)
- FIRST LOVE SONG (together with Symphogear heroines)
- Hajimari no Babel (together with Symphogear heroines)
- Nijiiro no Flügel (together with Symphogear heroines)
- RADIANT FORCE (togther with Hibiki Tachibana and Tsubasa Kaznaari)
- BAYONET CHARGE (together with Tsubasa Kazanari)
- Gekishō Infinity (together with Symphogear heroines)
- Change the Future (together with Maria Cadenzavna Eve)
- Axia no Kaze (together with Symphogear heroines)
- Rikka Ryōran (together with Symphogear heroines)
- PERFECT SYMPHONY (together with Symphogear Heroines)
- Xtreme Vibes (together with Symphogear Heroines)
- Ashita e no Flügel (together with Symphogear Heroines)
Hibiki Tachibana - Her former enemy-turned-friend. She had once fought Hibiki. Later, she and HIbiki can realize the mistakes that she has done. Together, they can save the world.
Tsubasa Kazanari - Her former enemy-turned-friend. She first fought Tsubasa Kazanari under the command of Fine. However, she eventually sought redemption with the help of her fellow Symphogear heroines just before saving the world from many threats.
Miku Kohinata - She is one Chris' friends. After her redemption, Miku decided to have new friendship with her.
- According to notes from the manga:
- Chris is half-Japanese, half-American. She was born in Japan.
- Her strange way of speaking comes from her time spent overseas, and being home-schooled by her parents. It can be inferred from this that she never went to public school before season 2 of the anime.
- Her favourite food is anpan (bread filled with red bean paste).
- When she was living with Finé, Finé would "help" Chris with the shoulder and neck pains caused by her large breasts by electrocuting her with a low-power current on the parrilla.
- Chris' battle song genre is rock.
- Almost all of Chris's various attacks are references to the Mobile Suit Gundam franchise, most obvious in Billion Maiden utilizing the same weapons and firing pose as Heavy arms Custom but also in her superb song, which chains together the ultimate attacks of the Turn A, Double X and Wing Zero.
- Chris is the first person to have used two relics, the second being Maria Cadenzavna Eve.
- She is the first user to hold a full relic, the other being Finé.
- Chris is the only user to use a Spanish word in her song; she says "adios", which means goodbye.
- Interestingly, she lived in South America for six years. It's possible she picked up some Spanish from the time she was in trafficking there.
- Finé gave Chris all the clothing she wore as a teenager in season 1.
- In episode 8 of season 1, Chris appears to have on her back what looks like burn marks, most likely from being electrocuted on the parrilla given their patterned spread.
- In episode 1 of season 1, on the day of the concert tragedy, Miku's father can be seen reading a newspaper that mentions a Japanese girl missing and the South American civil war, referring to Chris. It can be inferred from this that Finé kidnapped Chris recently to the concert event, possibly a few weeks or even days before.
- Despite Chris having hair bows/ribbons in most concept art for season 1, and having hair scrunchies in the manga version, she has no such hair accessories as a teenager in season 1 itself; only her child self has hair accessories. Season 2 and onwards depicts her with the hair scrunchies from the manga, although they are rose-pink in colour compared to the manga's dark-red.
- Chris' short stature is likely in part because of her time in sex trafficking, where she would have undergone a lot of stress and been underfed as incentive to keep her in line, thus leading to her growing up somewhat stunted. This can also explain why she has such a big appetite and is such a messy eater, from having to cherish every scrap of food she managed to get her hands on, and the harsh nature of trafficking discouraging polite social etiquette.
- GX shows Chris to be able to get good grades at school. This seems strange at first, as she lacked eight years of formal education due to trafficking and living with Finé (though some fans speculate Finé homeschooled her to an extent, logically it wouldn't be enough to make up for the six years Chris missed with trafficking). It makes sense when one considers Chris' fighting style: using guns and bows requires her to calculate range and wind direction and the best tactics to avoid mishaps and hitting her friends. This would give Chris a natural advantage in things like mathematics which she can apply to and from school and battle. Furthermore, Chris has also shown herself to be clever and creative when it comes to making up plans and gambits on the spot, such as in S1E10 where she suggests the plan to take out the Noise ships, and in later episodes of S2 where she subtly lets Tsubasa in on her plans to take out Ver and retrieve Solomon's Cane without alerting him to her betrayal.
- One of the main weapons of Ichaival is guns, which is a weapon constantly used in warfare, terrorism, and also sometimes in trafficking and slavery to keep slaves in line. It's possible that one reason Chris refused to use Ichaival is because of the role of guns in her time in South America.