This Hero was proposed and approved by Heroes Wiki's Pure Good Proposals Thread. Any act of removing this hero from the category without a Removal Proposal shall be considered vandalism (or a "villainous" attempt to demonize said character) and the user will have high chances of being
|“||♫A dream is a wish your heart makes
When you're fast asleep
In dreams you will lose your heartaches
Whatever you wish for, you keep
Have faith in your dreams and someday
Your rainbow will come smiling through
No matter how your heart is grieving
If you keep on believing
The dream that you wish will come true♫
|~ Cinderella singing her song.|
|“||♫Cinderella, you're as lovely as your name
Cinderella, you're a sunset in a frame
Though you're dressed in rags, you wear an air of queenly grace
Anyone can see a throne would be your proper place.♫
|~ Lyrics from the movie's opening song.|
|“||Your amulet brought me here. It links all the princesses there ever were, and when one of us is in trouble, another will come to help. Why are you so sad, Sofia?||„|
|~ Cinderella when she was reinforced by Sofia's amulet.|
|“||All hail Princess Vanellope; the Queen of Comfy!||„|
|~ Cinderella complimenting Vanellope for her casual attire.|
Cinderella is the titular main protagonist of Disney's 12th full-length animated feature film of the same name and its two sequels. She is the second Disney Princess in the official lineup.
She was voiced by the late Ilene Woods in the original film and Jennifer Hale in the direct-to-video sequels, who also voiced Samus Aran the Metroid franchise, Sam in Totally Spies! and the female variant of Commander Shepard in Mass Effect.
Both her father and mother passed away. She has been poorly taken care of by Lady Tremaine, her evil stepmother. She worked in the kitchen; her only friends were Major the horse, Bruno the bloodhound, Jaq, Gus, her Fairy Godmother, and a few more mice and birds all of whom helped her go to the ball. At the end of the first movie, she marries Prince Charming.
Cinderella is a strong-willed and independent young woman who is truly beautiful because she doesn't let her anger and sorrow get the better of her. She is kind to most and is in no way depicted as naïve or childish. She is mature and has shown that she can overcome her obstacles without the aid of magic. She has also been shown to have a slightly sarcastic side to her, as seen in her comments about her stepfamily and Lucifer, but usually, keep such comments to herself. Cinderella has shown to be rather intelligent and/or clever especially thinking of how poorly raised she was after the absence of her parents. Cinderella is also resourceful by using her mother's old fashioned dress and imagining a beautiful ball gown.
In her initial appearance before changing to her maid suit, she wears a light blue long-sleeved collared nightgown adorned with a blue ribbon and black ballet flats from her maid suit. Her strawberry-blonde hair is tied in two low pigtails before she removes the blue ribbons in each side to make it loose. Cinderella is a beautiful and attractive young woman. She is tall, slender, and softly shaped with a mild face. She has fair skin, pink lips, and twinkling blue eyes. Her hair is strawberry-blonde and shoulder-length with soft bangs. She wears a silverish-blue ballgown with sparkles all over, with a white petticoat and a light blue headband over her trademark French twist hairstyle which is pulled into a bun, along with pale blue earrings, light blue opera gloves, a black velvet choker around her neck, and dons clear glass slippers. She also wears dark pink lipstick.
In the Disney Princess franchise, Cinderella is the most popular of all the princesses and she is the leader of the Disney Princesses. In many Disney Princess group images, Cinderella is seen in the middle showing her leadership.
- Cinderella is the second Disney Princess after Snow White in 1937.
- Cinderella's hair color has often been the subject of debate among fans. In the original film, Cinderella's hair seems to be of a light orange tone, classifying her as either a redhead or a ginger as her hair had been officially called "burnt orange". In the franchise and the Disney parks, Cinderella's hair is publicized as bright yellow, making her a golden-blonde, although her hair remained orange-ish in the original film and the second sequel. The most common consensus is that she is a strawberry-blonde, which is blonde hair bearing an orange tint.
- Her shoe size is mentioned in the third movie which is a size 4 1/2 in woman's.
- Cinderella is one of the two oldest Disney Princesses, the other one being Tiana from The Princess and the Frog. Both of them are 19 years old in their movies.
- Interestingly, both Cinderella and Tiana were first shown as little girls at the beginning of their respective films.
- The symbolic message of the glass slippers is that Cinderella is so delicate that she can walk in glass shoes and not break them. It is also symbolic how she can be comfortable in glass shoes, meaning to she can easily adapt to typically "uncomfortable" situations.
- Cinderella is derived from the French word Cendrillon, which translates in English as "little ash girl".
- The only mention of Cinderella's mother was in the first movie when she showed the mice a dress that belonged to her that she was planning to fix up for the ball.
- Unlike how Cinderella's iconic Ballgown is featured in the original feature film, there are few differences in its depiction in the Disney parks and ice shows. The first being is that a bow is part of the gown, the second is that the hair is blonde and not burnt orange, and third being is that silver slippers are worn in the parks, instead of transparent plastic type slippers to pass for 'glass' slippers.
- In the movie, Cinderella wears a whitish-silver dress to the ball. However, in most merchandise, this is changed to a bright blue dress.
- Cinderella makes a cameo appearance in the pilot movie for Sofia the First, Sofia the First: Once Upon a Princess.
Rolie Polie Olie
The Bite-Sized Adventures of Sam Sandwich
Sofia the First
Sheriff Callie's Wild West
Goldie & Bear
Mickey and the Roadster Racers/Mickey Mouse Mixed-Up Adventures
Fancy Nancy Clancy
Mira, Royal Detective