Clarence Wendle is the titular main protagonist of the Cartoon Network series of the same name.
Clarence is an eternal optimist (rather hopples) who thinks anything is fun. He is generally dimwitted at times, and appears to be good friends with everyone. His best friends are Jeff and Sumo, and a ton of other friends he has made and his archenemy is Belson, who is always jealous of him. While he still tends to be the instigator in a lot of situations, he still knows what he does wrong and tries to fix those problems. However, despite of his optimism, he's not very intelligent among things like his friends are in some ways, it basically true that in one episode, "Average Jeff", he was rated as the lowest amongst other classmates of the crayon group, he seems awkward around girls, despite of their features (r.g hair, smell, the style, etc), and his class consists half of them.
Clarence appears to has a potbelly, has two upper teeth, an dull blond hair, he wears a neon green shirt with dark purple sleeves, blue shorts, wears dark blue boots, and has pink skin mainly on his hands, arms, feet, face, and legs, however his shoulders and torso area are slightly bright apricot, which is covered mainly by the clothes he wears.
- Jeff (best friend)
- Sumo (best friend)
- Amy Gillis (One Time only)
- Nathan (at times)
- Dustin (at times)
- Percy (at times)
- Ashley (ex-girlfriend)
- Breehn (at times)
- Kimby (at times)
- Malessica (at times)
- Courtlin (at times)
- Brady (at times)
- Belson Noles (at times)
- Belson (at times)
- Grandma Dillis (dead)
- Joshua Maverick (one-sided)
- Brenda Shoop
- He has 1 buddy star as seen in "Clarence's Millions" after Ms. Baker took his second one.
- According to Clarence, everything is amazing like a baby dolphin, as heard in "Zoo".
- Clarence is the only character in the series to appear in all shorts & episodes, with the exception of Have a Ball.
- It is unknown why Clarence has only two front teeth while more is in the bottom, this was notable in "The Forgotten".
- However in Have a Ball, is his first that he did not appear in.
- "Average Jeff" and "Bird Boy Man" are the only episodes where he is a minor character.
- Multiple times throughout the series, his eyes are shown being much smaller than they naturally are.
- Clarence's name appears in the "Steven Universe/Uncle Grandpa crossover", "Say Uncle".
- However, he alongside with Jeff, Sumo, and Belson would later made their only crossover (cameo) appearance in Uncle Grandpa's short "Grampies".
- He was mentioned again in a Steven Universe episode "Onion Friend", only by having a similar appearance of a young version of Yellowtail (who later married Vildilia) from the same show.
- In "Patients", Clarence's last name is Wendle.
- Although in the end of the fourth comic, "Wendell" was mentioned by Jeff.
- He was originally voiced by Skyler Page, who was fired in 2014 for alleged sexual assault.
- The tanlines on Clarence is very similar to "Greg" from "Steven Universe."
- And at times it would show it pink, its possibly an color error.
- In "Jeff's Secret", he revealed to have a rash on his back which shapes like the state of Texas, however this was not always seen in all previous episodes were he usually shirtless, this usually a coincidence.
- Its unknown what happened to Clarence's Father.