|“||There is no coincidence in the world.||„|
|~ Clow Reed's favorite theory|
Clow Reed was an ancient wizard of the China, and son of a chinese mother and english pather (with combination of Eastern and Western magic powers). He was the most powerful wizard of his era, and his magic was used to create the Clow Cards. These cards can invokes a power when his owner actives they; his powers was used to creat after, two guardians to Clow Cards (Kerberos and Yue).
When he died in a house in Japan, with his last spell, made a bad and a good form of he was born (Eriol in the England and Fujitaka in the Japan). So, he is demi-immortal, because his dead made two new lifes.
Only Eriol knows about Clow Reed memories.
He was a sage man, and already knew when he would die, but, he never feared death, he was also a quiet man. He never allows Yue work and gave all the work Kerberos.
Clow had the power of all his cards, so, he could stop the time, for example. But, he's power, as demonstrated by Eriol, goes beyond the power of his cards, because his magic that created they, so, his magic can make various things, and one of these, is create cards and guardians.
He also lived during various centuries.
- Clow Reed is a blood relative to both Sakura Kinomoto and Syaoran Li at the same time as being a blood relative to the reincarnated clones of Princess Sakura and Syaoran. The clones were reborn into a different world to Sakura Kinomoto, and no explanation has ever been given as to how Clow Reed was related to both sets.
- According to Cerberus in The Sealed Card movie, Clow's favorite theory is "There is no coincidence in the world". It's also the same phrase that Yūko Ichihara in xxxHolic uses: There is no coincidence in the world, only inevitability.
- Clow and Yuuko had a past relationship.
- It is theorized that he and Yuuko were lovers.
- He and Yuuko made the two Mokonas together.
- It was once believed that he was Watanuki's father.