This Hero was Headlined on July 2017.
|SCP-999 believes that this article has stopped in time, and any and all information on it may be outdated.|
Help improve this article by checking and updating it's info wherever necessary
And now time resumes!
|~ Crash's main catchphrase in the Crash Bandicoot games.|
Crash Bandicoot is the titular protagonist of the video game series and media franchise of the same name. He was once an ordinary bandicoot until he was exposed to an Evolvo-Ray by the villain Dr. Neo Cortex as part of a plan to conquer the world by using Crash as a general for an army - however, when Dr. Neo Cortex decides Crash is unfit to be the general of his army, the two become enemies as Crash sets out to defeat all of Dr. Neo Cortex's henchmen and eventually takes on the main villain himself.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Biography
- 4 Other games
- 4.1 Crash Team Racing
- 4.2 Crash Bash
- 4.3 Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure (XS)
- 4.4 Crash Bandicoot: N. Tranced
- 4.5 Crash Nitro Kart
- 4.6 Crash Bandicoot Purple: Ripto's Rampage
- 4.7 Crash Tag Team Racing
- 4.8 Crash Boom Bang
- 4.9 Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy
- 4.10 Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
- 4.11 Crash Bandicoot: On the Run
- 5 Allies
- 6 Enemies
- 7 Powers and Abilities
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Navigation
Crash generally appears as an orange humanoid-bandicoot with a black nose, thick eyebrows, green eyes and reddish-brown hair on his head, styled into a typical mohawk. Crash's main attire consists of a pair of brown fingerless gloves which he wears in most of his appearances, blue denim jeans that he wears over pink boxers with red hearts on them, and a pair of red Chuck Taylor All-stars Converses. Crash can also don other attires when needed, such as scuba diving gear, a biker's jacket, and numerous others.
In the game Crash Twinsanity, Crash's hair is more brown while the color of his shoes have also changed to gray. He has also gained metal plates on the knees of his pants and wears a belt.
In Crash Tag Team Racing Crash regains his reddish-brown hair and red shoes, although his head is now significantly smaller and his shoulders are more prominent.
Crash gets a major redesign Crash of the Titans that gives him a more feral appearance. His hair is browner again and longer, running a bit further down his back. His orange fur looks jagged and unkept as portions of it stick out around his face and on his elbows (although they appear to be trimmed back in Crash: Mind Over Mutant). He also loses his fingerless gloves to reveal black tribal watermarked tattoos on his hands.
Crash's appearance changes again in Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time as it reverts to resemble his original design more, albeit with alterations. He now seemingly has larger ears and a longer snout while his nose is now colored dark brown. His iconic grin also appears to be not as long as before.
Crash's personality is hard to pinpoint, sometimes varying from game to game. Throughout the series, he has always been shown to be willing to help and is very attentive to others. But overall, he has a rather wacky, cartoonish personality. In simple terms, he is a tornado. His demented behavior was, in fact, extended to actual sadism/masochism in Crash Tag Team Racing, in which he took pleasure in torturing innocent animals, park drones, and even himself (it should be noted that the game is criticized for its over-caricaturization or even complete change in character personalities). Despite this however, Crash is usually kindhearted and laid back. He is not known for his anger; even towards his greatest enemies he rarely maintains a great deal of contempt. Threatening his little sister seems to be among very few ways of setting off his aggression. He also has a rather large appetite, and is, therefore, very protective of his Wumpa Fruit. Crash is a very emotional character who is quick to laugh and quick to cry.
While he has a danger-loving, fearless nature and loves a good fight, he prefers relaxing in the sun and rarely seeks out trouble deliberately. To the ire of Crunch and the amusement of Coco, in the Radical games, Crash is prone to impolite personal habits such as belching or scratching his posterior. Crash is also easily distracted, as seen in Twinsanity when he has to catch Cortex. He is also fairly oblivious to his surroundings, but this could be because of his literacy, though he's easily distracted by a falling Wumpa Fruit. As shown in Crash Tag Team Racing, Crash seems to be somewhat impulsive, demonstrated in Die-o-Ramas, Crash spins a tree making it fall and crush him, standing on railings with gears behind him, and spinning dangerous equipment. Crash's intelligence level is something of a question, since he is illiterate and Aku even made a comment that brain damage was "not much of a danger to Crash".
However, this may have been a tease, especially since he is shown to be smart enough to prevent Cortex's attempts at ditching him in Twinsanity and has been able to outsmart various bosses far more powerful than himself in the past. Things he does that seem dumb could best be attributed to his obvious immaturity and impulsive nature. His illiteracy is probably just because he sees no reason to speak English, especially since Aku can understand him anyway. His sense of right and wrong is also intact since he frequently helps out those in need, and though Cortex has tried to destroy him numerous times, Crash did not object to teaming up with him.
Before Crash was snatched out of the wild, he was a normal bandicoot. He lived with his sister Coco Bandicoot.
Crash is snatched out of the wild by Dr. Neo Cortex and subjected to his experiments. Cortex plans to make Crash the general of his 'Cortex Commandos' for world domination. However, the experiment failed, and Crash escaped from Cortex's castle. When Tawna, a bandicoot whom Crash grew romantically attached to during imprisonment in Cortex's castle, was selected to be the next in Cortex's experiment, Crash made it his duty to save her.
After traveling throughout the Wumpa Islands and defeating Cortex's minions, Crash defeated Cortex, rescued Tawna and made it back home.
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
After, Crash defeated Cortex, he is told by Coco to bring an extra battery for her, since her old one was fried. However, Crash is summoned by Cortex to collect Crystals in order to "save" the world. In reality, Cortex plans to use Crash to collect the Crystals in order to enslave everyone on the planet. N. Brio, however, having seemingly turned a new leaf after being replaced by N. Gin as Cortex's assistant, informs Crash that he needs to collect the Gems in order for him to destroy the Cortex Vortex and foil Cortex's plans. After collecting all 25 Crystals, Cortex congratulates Crash, however Coco interrupts the call and informs Crash of Cortex's true intentions. Crash defeats Cortex and sends him flying in space, however the Cortex Vortex remains undestroyed.
If Crash has collected all of the Gems, a scene plays out where a laser cannon absorbs the Gems, and N. Brio fires his laser cannon and destroys the Cortex Vortex for good. The remains of the space station then fall into Earth.
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
Uka Uka is awakened when the remains of the Cortex Vortex crash into a nearby temple. Aku Aku senses his evil twin brother's awakening, and expresses panic about it. Aku Aku, Crash, Coco, and Polar quickly enter the house, and Aku Aku tells them that Uka Uka has awoken and that long ago he locked in a prison, and that he must be stopped. He then takes Crash and Coco to The Time Twister and tells them that they must retrieve the Crystals before Cortex and Uka Uka do. After collecting all of the Crystals, Crash and Coco defeat Cortex and Uka Uka, however, in the ending, Uka Uka proclaims that there are still the gems, and that he and Cortex still have a chance to triumph.
After collecting all of the Gems, Crash and Coco defeat Cortex and Uka Uka, and Cortex and N. Tropy (as babies) fight over Uka Uka, and that was the end, or was it?
Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex
Crash of the Titans
Crash: Mind Over Mutant
Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time
Crash Team Racing
Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure (XS)
Crash Bandicoot: N. Tranced
Crash Nitro Kart
Crash Bandicoot Purple: Ripto's Rampage
Crash Tag Team Racing
Crash Boom Bang
Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy
Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
Crash Bandicoot: On the Run
- Aku Aku
- Tawna Bandicoot - Love Interest
- Crunch Bandicoot - Enemy turned Ally
- Polar - Pet
- Pura - Pet
- Baby T - Pet
- Fake Crash
- Penta Penguin
- Pasadena O'Possum - Ally
- Ebenezer Von Clutch - Ally
- Yaya Panda - Ally
- Chick Gizzard Lips - Ally
- Stew - Ally
- Farmer Ernest - Ally
- Carbon Crash - Ally
- Spyro the Dragon
- Skylanders - Allys
- Master Eon - Ally
- Cali - Ally
- Flynn - Ally
- Hugo - Ally
- Mags - Ally
- Donkey Kong - Ally
- Bowser - Ally
- Dr. Neo Cortex - Enemy sometimes Ally
- Dingodile - Enemy turned Ally (It's About Time only)
- Dr. Neo Cortex archenemy
- Dr. Nitrus Brio - Enemy
- Dr. N. Gin - Enemy
- Uka Uka - Enemy
- Papu Papu - Enemy
- Ripper Roo - Enemy
- Koala Kong - Enemy
- Pinstripe Potoroo - Enemy
- Komodo Bros - Enemy
- Dr. Nefarious Tropy - Enemy
- Female Dr. Nefarious - Enemy
- Tiny Tiger - Enemy
- Dingodile - Enemy
- Nitros Oxide - Enemy
- Crunch Bandicoot - Enemy turned Ally
- Rilla Roo - Enemy
- N.Trance - Enemy
- Nina Cortex - Enemy
- The Elementals - Enemy
- Emperor Velo XXVII - Enemy
- The Evil Twins - Enemy
- Rusty Walrus - Enemy
- Bearminator - Enemy
- Willie Wumpa Cheeks - Enemy
- Madame Amberly - Enemy
- Zam and Zem
- Tikimon - Enemy
- Evil Crash - Enemy
- Ripto - Enemy
- Kaos - Enemy
- Glumshanks - Enemy
- Doomlanders - Enemy
- Lab Assistants - Enemy
- Titan Mutants - Enemy
Powers and Abilities
- Enhanced Strength: Crash has displayed significant physical strength, able to cause considerable damage to Titans and other large creatures, such as Tiny. He also was able to pick up Crunch and slam him on the ground over and over, with little effort.
- Enhanced Speed: Crash can run quite fast, as evidenced by his Crash Dash ability.
- Enhanced Agility: Crash is also very agile, able to jump more than his own body height into the air with a standard jump, as well as pull off a double jump with similar vertical lift.
- Enhanced Reflexes: Crash has improved reaction speed as he was able to dodge enemy attacks and projectiles.
- Enhanced Durability: Crash is able to take a large amount of damage and still continue fighting.
- Enhanced Stamina: Crash also possesses exceptional stamina and resiliency, able to run and fight steadily for long periods of time (evidenced by the fact that many of his games' plots take place in a small span of time), and also take massive blows from Titans and the like, then just get back up and resume fighting with the same vigor and liveliness as before. The latter is also evidenced by the fact that he can spin at high speed for almost a solid minute before he gets dizzy, and still only stay dizzy for a brief moment.
- Contortionist: Crash is quite limber, able to twist and crouch his body into all sorts of positions.
- Invincibility: In several Crash games, after finding and collecting three Aku Aku masks, Crash can become invincible for a few moments time with the help of his mentor Aku Aku. During this phase, pretty much nothing can touch Crash, however, it can not prevent falling deaths.
- Yo-yo Master: In Skylanders Imaginators, Crash was shown using his yo-yo abilities in combat during his trademark Cyclone Spin attack and his Ultimate sensei move. However, after he finishes his yo-yo ultimate, he gets it all tangled up.
- Cyclone Spinning: Perhaps best known is Crash's trade-mark ability to spin himself at high speed, dealing centrifugal force-augmented blows to opponents and even allowing himself to float slowly to the ground. The Spin Move can also deflect projectiles.
- Expert Combatant: Crash is no novice when it comes to fighting, possessing considerable skill in hand-to-hand combat and an ability to use weapons, such his Fruit Bazooka and operating any sort of vehicle, with ease.
- Combat Specialist: In Mind Over Mutant, Aku Aku described Crash to be a swift fighter, able to use his speed to his advantage against larger foes.
- Wall Crawling: Crash is a superb climber, able to hang from ledges and traverse them with great speed, and also to scale sheer surfaces with only minor handholds. On a related note, Crash seems to have a strong grip, evidenced by his hanging on to Mutants while they are running and fighting and the fact that he ripped off Crunch's N-V, which was designed not to come off.
- Natural Abilities: Since he's a bandicoot, Crash's natural instincts, such as digging, can be used to help him from time to time.
- Crash was originally going to be named Willie the Wombat.
|The Headlined Heroes|