|“||BECAUSE I'M CRAAAZY!!!!!||„|
|~ Crazy Dave's catchphrase|
|“||Greetings, neighbor! The name's Crazy Dave. But you can just call me Crazy Dave. Listen, I've got a surprise for you. But first, I'll need you to clear your lawn. Use your shovel and dig up those plants! Ok goody, now for the surprise... We're going BOWLING! HERE, TAKE THIS WALL-NUT!! Why'd I put a Wall-nut on your hand? BECAUSE I'M CRAAAZY!!!!!!||„|
|~ Crazy Dave introducing himself.|
Crazetopher David Blazing III, or better known as Crazy Dave, is the main protagonist in the Plants vs. Zombies franchise. He served as the narrator and the supporter to help the players fight the zombies by using plants.
He was voiced by Orion Acaba, and by Taliesin Jaffe in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2.
Crazy Dave is a human that wears a white T-Shirt with blue jeans and a brown belt. He also have a grey sauce pan on his head. His design also gave him a large brown beard on his face, along with his brown hair and eyebrows.
Crazy Dave portrays as a mentally ill person who has unusual behavior, such as eating food on the floor and scaring people in the fog without an apparent reason. On the other hand, Dave is also intelligent, as he could build machines such as the Junkasaurus, Penny, and a Robot Dinosaur.
Crazy Dave likes eating food, especially tacos. He dislikes cats and zombies.
Plants vs. Zombies
Crazy Dave first appeared and gave the players’ Wall-nuts to play Wall-nut bowling. He, later on, supported the players throughout the game. Before the final boss battle, he had trouble when telling Dr. Zomboss’s weakness, before he could say it, he got carried by a bungee zombie. He can be seen in the credits music with the bungee zombie carried by him.
When replaying Adventure Mode, Crazy Dave will randomly pick three of the player's plants for each level, which cannot be switched out, but quitting and reloading the game makes him choose three different ones.
Crazy Dave bought a Magic Taco, found only on Level 4-4 of the first play-through of Adventure Mode, for $1000. He will also reward the player with two Marigolds of random colors when the Zen Garden is unlocked, as well as five bags of fertilizer. Marigolds cost $2,500 at Crazy Dave's Twiddydinkies and a five-pack of fertilizer is only $750.
Plants vs. Zombies 2
Crazy Dave reappears in Plants vs. Zombies 2 after beating Player's House - Day 4. After the player gets a hot sauce, he wants to borrow for his taco. He said it was amazing and he wanted to eat it again. To do this, he introduced Penny, a time machine. After that, the real trip has started, first in Ancient Egypt. They traveled through time and has successfully re-eat his taco in Modern Day, even with Dr. Zomboss's plan to prevent the players to help him.
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare series
Crazy Dave served as the messenger on the plants' side during missions and multiplayer games.
Plant vs. Zombies Heroes
After the Hero-Tron 3000's malfunction, Crazy Dave has to unite all the Plant Heroes to stop the Zombie Heroes from taking the world.
- His name is based on the former employee David Rohrl.
- Before the release of Plants vs. Zombies 3, there are many speculations that Crazy Dave's full name is David Blazing, due to the fact his niece, Patrice, has the last name "Blazing". This has been confirmed in the game that Dave's full name is Crazetopher David Blazing III.
- He is 36 years old.
- He has his own language that is 'Crazy Dave', which his niece understands most of it.
- He is the only human in the game, however, he is not the only one in the comics and Plants vs. Zombies Adventures.
- It is revealed in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 that he hates cats.
- Also, it is revealed that he had a bad habit of eating food of the floor.
- He used to play Vasebreaking with his friend Harvey Flaxcaster before he moved away.
- The only moment that Crazy Dave has fought physically with Dr. Zomboss is in Plants vs. Zombies: Petal to the Metal.
- Easter Eggs and cameos:
- Crazy Dave's Pot is available as a Hat for your avatar in the Xbox Live Marketplace. It costs 160 Microsoft Points. His shoes are also available for the same price.
- An Easter egg in Valve's Left 4 Dead 2 in The Passing can be found in the Underground level. It contains graffiti that says "Looking for an M60? Come see me. - Crazy Dave".
- Crazy Dave makes an Easter egg appearance in a mobile game known as Plague Inc.. Sometimes, a news article will flash up on the World News, and sometimes it will say: "'Crazy Dave' convicted of garden center robbery."
- In Power Plants vs. Zombies comic issue of The Simpson, Homer Simpson wears a sauce pan on his head, which is a reference to Crazy Dave himself. Additionally, the comic issue is a reference to the game itself.