|~ Cricket's catchphrase.|
Cricket Ernest Green is the main protagonist of the 2018 Disney Channel animated television series Big City Greens.
He's a country boy who moved to the Big City.
He's voiced by show creator Chris Houghton.
Cricket has yellow skin and dirty blonde hair styled in two parted bangs and buck teeth. He wears blue overalls over a grey shirt. Unlike the other members of the Green family, he doesn't wear any shoes. There's a metal plate located at the back of his forehead as shown by X-Rays.
While working at Big City Coffee, he wears a brown cap and apron.
Cricket is an optimistic and adventurous 10-year-old country boy. He often enjoys exploring the Big City in an attempt to see everything it has to offer. However, he's also quite mischievous, as many of his antics often lead to him getting into trouble with many of the city's citizens and businesses. He can also be somewhat absent-minded and naivé at times.
Cricket, alongside his sister Tilly and their father Bill, moved to the Big City prior to the series to live with their Grandma Alice. Their house stood out from most of the other buildings as it was notably rural in appearance. Nonetheless, Cricket almost immediately took an interest in the new surroundings.
Overtime, Cricket met and befriended several of the residents that lived within the Big City, including Remy Remington, a boy who lived nearby, and Gloria Sato, a barista who works at the adjacent Big City Coffee shop who initially didn't like Cricket for his destructive antics.
In "Critterball Crisis", Cricket begins working part-time at Big City Coffee after one of his antics ends up causing substantial damage to the location, angering Gloria and her boss Ms. Cho. As a form of apology, Cricket agrees to work at the coffee shop until damages are paid off, and overtime his relationship with Gloria improves.
In "Phoenix Rises", Cricket goes on a wild goose chase to find his dog Phoenix, who suddenly ran away without reason. After failing to find him in a number of places (including a biker's tavern), Phoenix eventually returns home alongside Cricket's mother Nancy. Cricket, alongside most of the Green family (except Alice) are all happy to learn that she has finally been released from prison and that the family has finally been reunited.
In "Reckoning Ball", Chip is forced to apologize to the Greens for his actions if he wants to take over for his retiring dad; however, Cricket isn't convinced at first, and Bill insists he fix the damage he caused if he would wish for their forgiveness. When all else fails, Bill gives Chip helpful advice, allowing him to give a legitimate apology. Convinced that he really is sorry, Cricket and the Greens sign the forgiveness contract as a family, allowing Chip to become CEO. However, unknown to him and the rest of the Greens, the apology was all a set-up so he can focus on running them out of Big City without his dad's interference.
- Cricket's appearance is based on Chris Houghton as a child. His bowl cut is the same hairstyle Houghton wore in elementary school.
- Cricket bucktooth is strongly similar to Timmy Turner's.
- As a todder, Cricket wore the same clothes as Tommy Pickles.
- Chris Houghton hinted on his Tumblr that Cricket has Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). This was alluded to in "Quiet Please" when Cricket says he has a hard time listening, reading and paying attention and being quiet is the hardest thing he's ever done, due to having an overly-stimulated brain.
- A doll version of himself can be seen in the Amphibia episode "A Night at the Inn".
- He share many similarities with Ronnie Anne Santiago.
- He's also similar to Mr. Whiskers from Disney's Brandy & Mr. Whiskers.
Gloria | Remy Remington | Officer Keys