Bite Victim seems to be 8-12 years old, and has brown hair and a striped black and white shirt.
The Crying Child is depicted as considering his plushies, in particular, Fredbear, as his friends, and being tormented by his older brother. Each minigame follows the days leading up to his birthday. Crying Child was the victim of The Bite of '83, an event where the child's older brother and his friends put his head in Fredbear's mouth, Fredbear then bit Crying Child's head, leaving the child to die.
The Crying Child is locked in his room with plushies, which he considers his friends. After banging on the door the child lays down in tears, as the Fredbear plush says "Tomorrow is another day."
The Crying Child walks around his house, being followed by the Fredbear plush. At the TV, the Older Brother, wearing a Foxy mask, scares the child. Like the first minigame, it will say "Tomorrow is another day."
The Crying Child was left behind at the FNaF 4 Restaurant. The plush urges him to leave. Upon heading right, the Child is located by an employee wearing the Fredbear suit. The Fredbear plush instructs him, saying "It's too late. Hurry the other way and find someone who will help! You know what will happen if he catches you!" Heading left, he sees shadows of Fredbear and Spring Bonnie, and the Fredbear plush says "You can find help if you can get past them. You have to be strong." Advancing further, the person wearing Fredbear's suit blocks the other end of the room, prompting the Child to collapse crying while hiding under a table, at which point the plush says "Tomorrow is another day."
The Fredbear plush urges the Child to leave this time. After exiting the restaurant, the Child goes home, talking to the other children. When he reaches home, the child is scared by the Older Brother. After being scared, the plush reminds him "Tomorrow is another day."
The Child has been locked in a spare parts room of the establishment. As the Child cries, he yells "Please let me out." "PLEASE!". The child then falls over into a fetal position, crying "Please let me out....".
On his birthday, the child was at Fredbear's Family Diner with his family. His brother and his other three friends were bullying the child. The Brother (with the help of his friends) threw the child into Fredbear's mouth, with an unexpected surprise: Fredbear closed his jaws on the Child's head and sent him into a coma.
While in a coma, the Child saw himself with a plush Fredbear in front of him and plushies of the four original animatronics (excluding Foxy's head) further away from him. His brother apologizes to him. Fredbear seemingly tells him that they are still his friends and he "will put you back together." They all fade, and then the Child does as well, as a very faint heart monitor flatlining can be heard in the background, as the child dies.
- It is unclear why he is so scared of the animatronics.
- Some theorize he saw the Missing Children's Incident, which would explain the Fredbear plush saying "You know what will happen if he catches you!".
- Others theorize that he saw Elizabeth Afton's death.
- However, it is probably untrue, as Circus Baby's Pizza World was opened after Freddy Fazbear's Pizza has closed down, and Freddy's seems to be open during the minigames.
- After his death, it is unclear who he possesses, if anyone:
- Some theorize that Dreadbear is a metaphor for him.
- Others theorize that he ended up as Shadow Freddy, which would not contradict who happened to the fifth victim and would explain why Shadow Freddy does not attack the guard, as he was not killed by one.
- He may also be Nightmare.
- Another theory is that the Bite Victim, Shadow Freddy, and Nightmare are one of the same.
- He could be on Funtime Freddy because a corpse is seen inside him (William Afton probably put his corpse to revive him) and he threatened Michael Afton a lot (possibly looking for revenge on his brother).
- Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location heavily implies (if not, outright confirms) he is a member of the Afton Family.
- After FNaF 4 came out, it was believed that the Child was the one who was having the nightmares that make up the main gameplay, during his coma. However, the Survival Logbook implies that it was Michael Afton, as he drew Nightmare Fredbear under recent dreams.
- The Crying Child is possibly mentioned in the Midnight Motorist mini-game in Freddy Fazbear: Pizzeria Simulation, where a kid watching TV tells the seemingly drunk "Orange Guy" (theorised William Afton) to leave the other child alone, since he had been through a rough day. However, the Orange Guy proceeds to go to his room anyway, only to find it locked. The man yells at the child and tries to find another way to get inside by going through a window, only to discover that the child had broken his window. The Orange Guy notes that he should have gone to "that place" again, and will be sorry when he comes back.
- There is a theory about the Midnight Motorrist minigame in Pizzeria Simulator that the child is actually Henry's son.
- However, it is unlikely.
- The name file of the FNAF 4 bedroom in FNAF VR: Help Wanted is titled "NormanBedroom". Many thought that this revealed the child's name, however, it is actually just the name of a stock model, and the file was not named by the developers.
- Some Fans believed he is Orange Guy himself
Five Nights at Freddy's 4
Five Nights at Freddy's AR: Special Delivery