|“||♫ We..are the Crystal Gems! We'll always save the day! And if you think we can't, We'll always find a way! That's why the people of this world believe in: Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl... and Steven! ♫||„|
|~ Crystal Gems theme song|
|“||We are the Crystal Gems! We're still alive, and we're still the guardians of this planet and all its living creatures!||„|
|“||This is our planet, our home, our friends and family! We are the Crystal Gems!||„|
|~ Steven Universe|
The Crystal Gems are the heroic faction in the animated series Steven Universe. They are apart of a species of beings known as Gems and are a splinter faction of the Homeworld Gems.
The Crystal Gems were formed about 5,000 years ago by Rose Quartz to protect Earth from magical threats. All members of the group are part of an alien race known as "Gems". The current members are Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl, Steven, Peridot, Connie, Bismuth, and Lapis Lazuli. Steven is Rose Quartz's son. Due to Gems lacking any sex organs, Rose shapeshifted a womb for her son to be born from and died due to passing on her gem to him.
Much of the history of the Crystal Gems is shrouded in mystery. What is known is that several thousand years ago, Homeworld Gems arrived on Earth and created the "Kindergarten", a facility used to mass-produce new Gems via Injectors. This process was very invasive and damaging to the planet; the gestating Gem draining the life force out of the surrounding area in order to grow. According to Pearl, if this process was allowed to continue, the present Earth would be a lifeless, barren wasteland. Rose Quartz's empathy towards the Earth and beliefs on the Kindergarten's injustice instigated a rebellion fought by those who would become known as the Crystal Gems. Little is known about the ensuing war, simply known as the Rebellion, other than that it ended with all but a few of Rose's closest friends being destroyed, and the Homeworld Gems being driven off Earth, which was then cut off from Gem-controlled space by destroying the Galaxy Warp. For about 5,500 years, the remaining Crystal Gems have used their abilities to defend Earth from countless Gem based threats. However, Rose, as a great admirer of humanity, gave up her physical form to give birth to a half-human child, Steven Universe. The other remaining Crystal Gems, Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl, have taken it upon themselves to raise alongside Greg and teach him how to use his powers.
In "On the Run", it is revealed that Pearl and Garnet originally came from the Gem Homeworld, while Amethyst was formed on Earth in the Prime Kindergarten.
Despite being defeated thousands of years ago, the Homeworld Gems have shown renewed interest in Earth, first sending the Red Eye (which was promptly destroyed) to scan for surviving Gems and, as of "Warp Tour", sending one of their engineers Peridot and her robonoids to fix the Galaxy Warp, as well as reactivate dormant Gem technology left on Earth, such as the Facet Five in "Marble Madness" to check on the Cluster.
Rose Quartz and Pearl were shown to be the original members of the Rebellion as told in "The Answer". Before Garnet joined the Crystal Gems the Rebellion has been happening for quite some time, enough for Pearl to gain a reputation as "terrifying and renegade" and that the service of a seer Sapphire was required. When Ruby was slated to be executed due to changing the future and letting the traitors escape, Sapphire saved her and the two of them decided to be Garnet and join the Crystal Gems. Sometime after the war, Amethyst was found and taken in as a member. Rose Quartz eventually gives up her physical form to bear a half human, half-Gem being named Steven Quartz Universe. Peridot, a Gem loyal to Homeworld, betrays her superior Yellow Diamond in "Message Received" as Peridot believes Yellow Diamond is too irrational. This action allows Steven to dub Peridot a Crystal Gem with Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl agreeing.
- Garnet: The de facto leader of the group and a fusion Gem who wields a pair of gauntlets, later with brass knuckles added. She joined the Crystal Gems after deciding to stay a permanent fusion and meeting Rose Quartz. She is the brawler of the group, using her gauntlets to inflict destructive attacks.
- Ruby: A short-tempered Gem who makes up half of Garnet. She wields a maroon gauntlet. Initially a low-level Homeworld Gem soldier, she was to be destroyed for accidentally fusing with Sapphire, but was saved by her and stranded on Earth. She joined the Crystal Gems after deciding to stay permanently fused as Garnet.
- Sapphire: A calm, yet distant, Gem and other half of Garnet. Her weapon has yet to be seen. Initially a member of Blue Diamond's court, she defected to protect Ruby and joined the Crystal Gems after deciding to stay permanently fused as Garnet.
- Pearl: The intellectual and precise member of the group who wields a spear. She and Rose were the first members of the group. Pearl would often help Steven with learning about Gem history, and would often watch out for him. She misses Rose, as she did everything she could to help her. It was revealed in “A Single Pale Rose” that Pearl belonged to Pink Diamond.
- Amethyst: The carefree member of the group who wields a one-to-three-tailed whip with morning stars on the end. Unlike the other Gems (besides Steven, who is also from Earth), Amethyst was made on Earth, in the Prime Kindergarten.
- Steven Quartz Universe: The half-human member of the group who can summon a pink shield and a bubble, and is also the youngest. He is the son of Rose Quartz, the founder of the Crystal Gems, who gave up her physical form to give birth to him. After growing up in the care of his father, he began living with the Crystal Gems as a member in his adolescence.
- Peridot: The maturing, curious, and stubborn one of the group. She is a natural-born technician and a certified Kindergartner. She was once an enemy to the Crystal Gems, but was officially accepted into the group after disobeying Yellow Diamond in "Message Received". Unlike the other Crystal Gems, Peridot does not live at the Temple, but rather the Barn; although she does live in Steven’s bathroom once Lapis left with the barn in “Raise the Barn”. Due to her natural-born skill in engineering and constructing, she is considered to be a technician and engineer of the group like Pearl.
- Connie Maheswaran: Steven's human friend and ally. Connie practices swordsmanship (since "Sworn to the Sword"), because she wants to join Steven, to protect him and preserve his legacy. In "Rocknaldo", Steven confirms her place as a member of the group. She also serves as a member of the Crystal Temps.
- Bismuth: A weaponsmith of the Crystal Gems from the Rebellion recently brought to light. Rose showed her she could follow her own wants, but when that included shattering Gems, Rose poofed and bubbled her. She was freed by Steven as of “Made of Honor”, and rejoined the Crystal Gems. As stated by herself, her power is equal to Garnet.
- Lion: A magical lion that became Steven's pet in "Steven's Lion", but was revealed in "Lion 3: Straight to Video" to have a connection with Rose Quartz, which was explored more in depth in "Rose's Scabbard".
- Lapis Lazuli: Lapis became Steven's friend in "Mirror Gem", and convinced Steven to let her free. During that episode and "Ocean Gem", Lapis and the Crystal Gems fought. Lapis later became an ally by warning the group about Peridot and Jasper, saving them from Malachite, and months later they are reunited with her after Alexandrite split Malachite apart. She is now friends/roommates with Peridot at the Barn. In "The New Crystal Gems", she is declared a member of "The Crystal Temps". However, in "Raising the Barn" she left for space and took the entire barn with her until "Reunited" where she returns to Earth and declares herself a Crystal Gem.
- Biggs Jasper: A member of the Crystal Gems, before being corrupted and bubbled. She was later healed in "Change Your Mind".
- Snowflake Obsidian: One of the original crystal gem members, before being corrupted in the Gem War. She was later healed in "Change Your Mind".
- Snow Monster: One of the original crystal gem members, before being corrupted in the Gem War. She was later healed in "Change Your Mind".
- Crazy Lace (mentioned by Bismuth)
- Tiger's Eye (formerly corrupted; mentioned by Bismuth)
- Larimar (formerly corrupted; mentioned by Bismuth)
- Beryl (formerly corrupted; mentioned by Bismuth)
- Serpentine (formerly corrupted; mentioned by Bismuth)
- Unknown Uncorrupted Crystal Gems (formerly corrupted; unknown)
- Rose Quartz (founder and original former leader, deceased) She was the one who founded the Crystal Gems, and fought back the Homeworld Gems. She gave up her life in order to give Steven life. It was revealed that she was Pink Diamond.
- Cluster Gems (former Crystal Gems forcibly fused together by the Homeworld)
- Other Amethysts (mentioned by Bismuth)
- Two Unknown Crystal Gems (rebellion flashback in "Gemcation")
- Other Crystal Gems (rebellion flashback in "Your Mother and Mine")
Known Crystal Gem Fusions
- Garnet: A tough, mysterious, and very stable fusion of Ruby and Sapphire, as confirmed in "Jail Break".
- Opal (revealed in "Giant Woman"): A four-armed, tall and slender Gem who wields an energy bow. She is the fusion of Pearl and Amethyst.
- Suglite (revealed in "Coach Steven"): A gigantic and bulky Gem who wields a flail. She is the fusion of Garnet and Amethyst.
- Sardonyx (revealed in "Cry for Help"): An upbeat and charismatic Gem who wields a war hammer. She is the fusion of Garnet and Pearl
- Alexandrite (revealed in "Fusion Cuisine"): An extremely tall, six-armed fusion who has an extra mouth and is the fusion of Garnet, Pearl, and Amethyst
- Rainbow Quartz (revealed in "We Need to Talk"): A tall, slim, and acrobatic fusion of Rose Quartz and Pearl.
- Obsidian (Rose fusion) (depicted in "Historical Friction" and the Crystal Temple): A ginormous fusion with two faces, large curly hair, and at least four arms. She saved William Dewey and Buddy Buddwick from the Unknown Giant Gem Monster and helped them find land centuries ago. She is the fusion of Rose Quartz, Garnet, Pearl, and Amethyst.
- Stevonnie (revealed in "Alone Together"): A tall, one-quarter Gem fusion. They are the fusion of Steven and Connie
- Smoky Quartz (revealed in "Earthlings"): A medium, chubby, jokester who wields a yo-yo, fusion of Steven and Amethyst.
- Rainbow Quartz 2.0 (revealed in "Change Your Mind"): An eccentric 1/4-human and 3/4-Gem fusion who wields a parasol. They are the fusion of Steven and Pearl.
- Sunstone (revealed in "Change Your Mind"): A radical 1/6-human and 5/6-Gem fusion who wields a pair of suction cups. They are the fusion of Steven and Garnet.
- Obsidian (Steven fusion) (revealed in "Change Your Mind"): A ginormous, eight-armed, 1/10-human and 9/10-Gem fusion, with two faces that contain lava, who wields a greatsword. They are the hybrid fusion of Steven, Garnet, Pearl, and Amethyst.
- Greg Universe: Rose Quartz's lover and Steven's father. He knew the Crystal Gems when he was a young adult and currently supports them mostly to be a part of his son's life. ("Laser Light Cannon", "Ocean Gem", "House Guest", "The Message").
- Sadie Miller: Sadie aided the Crystal Gems cause in "Island Adventure", when she helps Steven defeat the Invisible Gem Monster on Mask Island].
- Pumpkin: Pumpkin is the sentient pumpkin pet of Peridot & Lapis Lazuli created by Steven Universe in the episode Gem Harvest. It stood in as Pearl in "The New Crystal Gems" in the team of "The Crystal Temps" with Peridot, Lapis, and Connie Maheswaran.
- The "Famethyst": Quartz soldiers from Earth-stationed in Pink Diamond's Zoo. They befriended Amethyst and assisted the Crystal Gems in escaping the facility in "That Will Be All".
- Ronaldo Fryman: A Beach City resident interested in the odd occurrences around him. He attempts to join the Crystal Gems in "Rocknaldo" going by the name "Bloodstone" after gaining an admiration for their cause. After misunderstanding what it means to be a Crystal Gem, he decides to work alone to educate people about the group by making pamphlets called "Crystal Gems, who are they and how can we help?".
- Lars Barriga: Aboard Aquamarine's Ship, Lars was taken to Homeworld with Steven. Once they were brought back together again during Steven's trial, they escape via Blue Diamond's palanquin and hide with the Off Color Gems. However, the Robonoids find everyone and are out to shatter the Off Colors and Steven. Luckily, Lars helps out by fighting back against them but unfortunately dies after getting hit point blank with the explosion of the last Robinoid, getting smashed against a wall, and falling from a great height. After Steven accidentally revives him with a tear, Lars undergoes a magical change. He decides to sacrifice himself by letting Steven go back to Earth through his hair, as Steven promises to find a way to get him back home.
- Off Colors: After Steven and Lars land on Homeworld, they encounter a group of unaligned Gems, outcasted from Homeworld society for being abnormal, defective, permafusions, or in Padparadscha's case, having botched abilities. After befriending Steven and Lars, the Off Colors are willing to give up their Homeworld ways and come to Earth, but they stay with Lars for the time being while Steven finds a way to get him home.
- Cat Steven: A calico cat of unknown breed adopted by Garnet in "Pool Hopping", after finding and rescuing her and her siblings alongside Steven, she adopts her as she had missed having someone "cute and vulnerable" to care for.
- The Cluster: Comprised of shattered Gems, the Cluster comes into its own and aids the Crystal Gems in "Reunited" by fighting and destroying Yellow Diamond's ship before retreating back to its bubble.
- Pebbles: After Steven came in his mother's old room he had a first met with Pebbles in "Familiar". And after Connie, Amethyst, Pearl, and Garnet arrive in Pink Diamond's old room while reunite with Steven, they met the Pebbles and thinks they're cute and friendly. They build the furnitures all night to remind the Crystal Gems like the one back on Earth in "Together Alone".
- Yellow Diamond: After learning the truth about Rose being Pink Diamond, she, along with Blue Diamond and Steven, attempt to heal Nephrite. When the attempt fails she travels to Homeworld with the other Crystal Gems to negotiate with White Diamond on permanently curing the corrupted Gems. However, their relationship would sour during the Era 3 ball in "Together Alone": Yellow Diamond is infuriated with Steven after he fuses with Connie, locking him into a prison tower after poofing the other Crystal Gems. As of "Change Your Mind", however, she seems to have made peace with them.
- Blue Diamond: Similarly with Yellow Diamond, she ceases her hostility towards the Crystal Gems and assists Steven in curing corruption once convinced of Steven's true identity. Additionally, she is willing to help the Crystal Gems return to Earth after being convinced that Pink Diamond is happier there.
- White Diamond: Initially, White is hostile to the Crystal Gems, attacking them and turning Amethyst, Garnet, and Pearl in to mindless slaves, like her Pearl. She eventually sided with them after her cheeks turn pink when Pink fails to reform, and later helps heal the corrupted Gems.
- Pink Pearl: Pink Pearl had a first meet with Steven, the son of Pink Diamond, who welcomes her back after she is freed from White Diamond's control.
- Navy: In the episode "Room for Ruby", Navy claims she wants to stay and live on Earth, but it turns out to be a plot to retrieve the Roaming Eye.
- Topaz: During Steven and Lars' captivity, Steven manages to befriend the Topaz Fusion to the point where she almost turns on Aquamarine. Unfortunately, Aquamarine reminds her that once they turn their backs on Homeworld, she'd have nowhere to go and no way to explain how Aquamarine got poofed. As such, her two halves would be separated and shattered. Steven tries to negotiate with her two half as Lars and him are separated but to no avail.
- Zircon (Defense): Zircon is assigned to defend "Rose Quartz" (Steven) in her trial, much to her dismay, and is surprised to see the form "Rose" has taken. Although their interactions are mostly influenced by her job, she tries her best to defend "Rose" to the point that she manages to come up with a strong argument. Unfortunately, she gets caught up in the moment and accuses the Diamonds, getting poofed by Yellow Diamond as a result.
- Blue Pearl: Along with Yellow Pearl, she helped the Crystal Gems get ready for the "Era 3" ball. After Steven asked what she and Yellow Pearl like to do, Blue Pearl answered him that she likes to draw and laughed upon realizing that Steven thinks she likes being an artist.
- Yellow Pearl: Along with Blue Pearl, she helped the Crystal Gems get ready for the "Era 3" ball. Additionally, she saw a drawing of herself by Blue Pearl and liked it and laughed upon realizing that Steven thinks she likes being a model.
- Lemon Jade: Two Jades fuse together into Lemon Jade after seeing Garnet and Opal form during "Together Alone", but are quickly poofed by Yellow Diamond.
Manifesto of Rose Quartz
The following is the Manifesto of Rose Quartz, revealed by Pearl in The Guide to the Crystal Gems:
"Fight for life on the planet Earth,
Defend all human beings, even the ones that you don't understand,
Believe in love that is out of anyone's control,
And then risk everything for it!"
The Crystal Gems evidently own a section of Beach City's shoreline, on which the Crystal Temple and Steven's Beach House resides. Lapis Lazuli and Peridot currently live in the Barn which resides on a hill outside of Beach City. The Barn belongs to Greg and his cousin Andy, but the Gems have effectively taken ownership, using it as a house for new members and to build any required machinery such as The Universe Mach 3 and the Gem Drill. Lapis Lazuli and Peridot formerly lived in the Barn which used to reside on a hill outside of Beach City. In "Raising the Barn", fearing the threat of a diamond attack, Lapis took the barn with her to the moon where it stayed until "Can't Go Back". The barn is currently a wreckage on the beach as of "Reunited". Steven and the Crystal Gems temporary lives in his mother's old room in her palace where Pink Diamond's old little friends the Pebbles lived at Gem Homeworld.
Though technically belonging to Steven, Lion occasionally acts as transport for the Crystal Gems to places they cannot warp to, such as the Moon Base. As of "Bubbled", they now also own a Roaming Eye ship that the Rubies left behind, although it was stolen back by Navy in "Room for Ruby". They also sometimes use the Gem Sloop for traveling at sea, though it hasn't been seen since "Cat Fingers". As of "Legs From Here to Homeworld", Steven has gained access to his mother's personal ship and palanquin.
Unbeknownst to Garnet, Amethyst, Peridot, and Lapis Lazuli, they also have an Armory containing more Laser Light Cannons and other various weaponry. They also have a Forge which can be used by their blacksmith, Bismuth.
- Instead of stars on their clothing similar to the current Crystal Gems, the Pilot versions have little gold stars pinned to themselves (Garnet's torso, Pearl's earrings, and Amethyst's hair barrette).
- The process for each Gem to summon their weapons depends on a different state of mind for each of them.
- Amethyst places little effort or concentration, claiming that it "just happens" when she needs to summon her weapon.
- Pearl claims her process as being perfect and calculated, using the "dance" of a flower petal in the wind to describe how hard work and dedication can help master the properties of one's own gem and "perform their own dance".
- Garnet claims that she summons her gauntlets by linking her mind with the energy of all existing matter, channeling the collective power of the universe through her gems, matching her calm and meditative temperament.
- Steven's means of summoning his shield rely on his feelings of passion or desire to protect other people/Gems, although in "Gem Glow", the joy associated with eating Cookie Cat ice cream was what summoned it. In both his "Ocean Gem" and "The Return" appearances, he summoned it when it was needed to protect those he loved from a large threat, much like his bubble in "Bubble Buddies".
- All Crystal Gems, except for Ruby, Sapphire and Connie (and the remaining Crystal Gems) have stars located somewhere on their outfits.
- Steven and Stevonnie: on his/their T-shirt.
- Garnet: star-shaped visor, stars on her gauntlets and tilted star pattern on her chest.
- Amethyst: on her shorts.
- Pearl: on the back of her jacket and a tilted star pattern above her top.
- Bismuth: tattoo-like marking on her right arm and a light red apron with a tilted star pattern.
- Peridot: on her chest and knees.
- Lapis Lazuli: the navy blue portions of her outfit
- Opal: on the draping section of her top.
- Rose Quartz: star-shaped cut out on the torso of her dress, showing her gem.
- Sugilite: black and purple star-shaped patterns on her leggings (like Amethyst) and painted on her nails.
- Alexandrite: special four-pointed star-shaped cutouts on her leggings and star-shaped hair.
- Sardonyx: a black star on the white part of her top.
- Smoky Quartz: on their T-shirt and yo-yo.
- Rainbow Quartz: four-pointed star cutout on her navel.
- Rainbow Quartz 2.0: on their shirt, on the back of their jacket and on their umbrella.
- Sunstone: star-shaped hair and a star on their shirt.
- Obsidian (Steven Fusion): Steven's Star Shirt can be located on their second left hand, and they have a star-shaped marking surrounding Steven's gemstone.
- Rebecca Sugar also confirmed that the Crystal Gems somewhat represent the ways she acted with her brother Steven Sugar.
- Amethyst is loosely based off Rebecca Sugar's friend Valerie Ang from college.
- Rebecca Sugar confirmed that each of the Crystal Gems is based on one of the stages of the human emotional development spectrum.
- Steven is codependent.
- Common in most children, as children are dependent on their parents or any adult figures on practically anything and everything, as they are expected to be.
- Amethyst is counterdependent; the explorer and rebel, fighting authority and ignoring the consequences of doing so.
- Common in teens and young adults. People here know that they have free will; they usually distrust and challenge their superiors. This is also known as the rebellious stage.
- Pearl is group-dependent; the responsible manager, legalistic to a fault.
- Group-dependent people are ready on taking on responsibilities and expects others to be group-dependent as well. They tend to be obsessed with the notions of obligation and duty.
- Garnet is independent; free to take on the burdens of others can be a bit reckless and is understanding of the growth that risk-taking can give as well as its limitations.
- Tend to be merciful, and kind, and generous. They will help people because they want to, and they will not help people because they do not want to.
- One can also argue that Rose Quartz is transcendent; kind and loving to a fault. She uses everything in her power to help those in need.
- Master of empathy: Understanding in all situations and acts accordingly to the given situation. Merely acts to the best of their ability, understanding the limitations of their own understanding. However, in being emotionally mature, their actions tend to flow out in proper response to most any situation, expressing sympathy, anger, and forgiveness when they should.
- Steven is codependent.
- All the Gems' fighting styles are based on different dances: Pearl (ballet), Garnet (waacking), and Amethyst (dancehall and club dancing). This might also have something to do with how they synchronize before fusing.
- The rule that the Crystal Gems won't use their powers on humans was broken in "Keep Beach City Weird" when they attacked Ronaldo, but in that case, an exception was probably made since they were trying to save Steven.
- Each Gem has their own musical palette associated with them, and these respective instruments are used in their leitmotifs.
- Pearl is a piano (secondary: harp, electric piano).
- Garnet is a synth bass (secondary: her synth bell).
- Amethyst is eclectic drums (secondary: electric bass, her synth bell).
- Rose Quartz (as remembered by others) is strings (secondary: piano, her synth bell).
- Steven is a chiptune/triangle wave (secondary: Rose's palette for his Gem powers and empathy; horns for his human physical strength and courage; violin for moments with Connie).
- Connie is a synth bell (secondary: piano for her battle scenes; violin for moments with Steven).
- Peridot is a sine wave (secondary: her bells, her drum kit).
- Lapis Lazuli is a celesta (secondary: timpani, piano, acoustic guitar).
- Bismuth is a reverse electric guitar.
- This can be heard in "Bismuth's Forge".
- In "Story for Steven", before Steven was born, the Crystal Gems were particularly asocial towards the humans of Beach City; on their half of the beach, a metal fence was up to keep humans out of that area.
- Rose Quartz would be a considerable exception to this, as she visited other parts of the beach and saw Greg's concert, but became nervous when he insisted on following her.
- Pearl was confused (not knowing how to make him go away) and mildly bewildered by his presence, simply referring to him as "human" or "it".
- Amethyst asked him various questions.
- Garnet intended to evict him from the temple as soon as she saw him, treating him as an intruder and threatening him with violence (This was put to a halt when Rose Quartz appeared).
- Rose Quartz would be a considerable exception to this, as she visited other parts of the beach and saw Greg's concert, but became nervous when he insisted on following her.
- Peridot has stated that Earth was in the Crystal System, likely where the Crystal Gems derived their name from.
- With the exception of Steven and Connie, each of the current Crystal Gems are named after a different birthstone.
- According to Bismuth, it was a ritual for the Crystal Gems to spar before battle.
- The Manifesto of the Crystal Gems was read on the Steven Universe Recap video on Cartoon Network YouTube channel.
- All known Crystal Gems (except for Amethyst, Bismuth, and Connie) have demonstrated elemental powers:
- Garnet, as seen in "The Message", has Electrokinesis, she used this ability to power the battery in Greg's Van.
- Pearl, as seen in "Giant Woman", has Psammokinesis, she used this ability to create sand figurines of herself, Amethyst and Opal, in order to show Steven how fusion works.
- Rose Quartz, as well as Steven, has Phytokinesis, which allows them to grow sentient flora that does what their creators say, this ability was first demonstrated in "An Indirect Kiss".
- Smoky Quartz (Steven + Amethyst) has at least some form of Aerokinesis via their yo-yos. When spun at high speeds, their yo-yos can generate powerful winds. First demonstrated in "Earthlings".
- Peridot, as first demonstrated in "Too Short to Ride", has Ferrokinesis, this ability allows her to levitate metallic objects.
- Lapis Lazuli has Hydrokinesis (the power to control water) as her main power.
- To learn more about the Crystal Gems and other gems, click here.
- Garnet is the birthstone for January, while Ruby and Sapphire are the birthstones for July and September respectively.
- Lapis Lazuli is another birthstone for September.
- Opal is the birthstone for October while Amethyst and Pearl are the birthstones for February and June respectively.
- Alexandrite is another birthstone for June.
- Peridot is the birthstone for August.
- Sardonyx is another birthstone for August.
- Steven's and his mother's gemstone, Pink Diamond or Diamond, is the birthstone for April.
|Steven Universe Heroes|
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found