Cuphead is the titular main protagonist of the 2017 Studio MDHR video game of the same name, as well as the main protagonist of the upcoming animated series The Cuphead Show!.
In The Cuphead Show!, he will be voiced by Truman Valentino.
Cuphead is an anthropomorphic teacup with a humanoid body and a teacup as a head, hence the name. He appears to have gray skin, a red and white striped bent straw protruding out the back of his head, along with liquid filling his head. He has large half-circle eyes and a small red nose. He wears white Mickey Mouse-like gloves, a black long-sleeve shirt, red shorts, and brown shoes.
Cuphead seems to be impulsive, confident, determined, entertaining, and lightly cheeky, he is also a little greedy, apparently willing to risk anything to get what he wants. Despite his flaws, however, he is kindhearted and has good intentions overall.
In the casino, they both won lots of games and ended up having The Devil offering them both: If they win, they'll own the casino, but if they lose the Devil will take their soul.
Cuphead, wants to own the casino, rolled the dice (ignoring Mugman's advice) ends up losing the bet.
Cuphead and Mugman begged for mercy and the Devil ended up giving them a task to collect his soul contracts.
After beating King Dice, The Devil would offer Cuphead two choices: To join him or not. If the player chooses to join him, Cuphead and Mugman ends up being a demon. If the player refuses to join the Devil, the Devil will be very angry and Cuphead will end up dueling each other.
Cuphead wins at last and burns all the soul contract, he and Mugman went back happily and told everyone how they saved Inkwell Isle.
Powers and Abilities
Dash: Cuphead can swiftly get out of harm's way by dashing. Best used when Cuphead needs to get out of the way of an immediate attack
Parry Slap: Cuphead can slap pink objects using parry slaps. Each successful parry slap grants one card on Cuphead's super meter.
Cuphead can fire various projectiles using his index finger. Each projectile is different from one another. Cuphead's default weapon is the peashooter, but better projectiles can be purchased with gold coins at Porkrind's Emporium.
Peashooter: Cuphead's starting projectile, fires small light-blue long-ranged projectiles with average damage.
Spread: Fires high damage-dealing but low-ranged red projectiles that spread into 3 perpendicular directions
Chaser: Fires small green homing projectiles. Does not require aiming but deals low damage
Roundabout: Acts as a boomerang, fires large blue projectiles. The Roundabout will first travel the direction it was initially fired, but almost instantly reverts the opposite direction. Deals high damage
Lobber: Fires dark blue projections that travel upwards in an arc shape, but then travel back downwards. Deals above average damage, but has low range
Charge: Fires chargeable yellow projectiles that, when charged, deal high damage. However, uncharged projectiles are considerably smaller and deal with low damage.
Smoke Bomb: Allows Cuphead to dash without taking any damage.
Heart: Grants Cuphead the fourth heart, but reduces his attack power.
Coffee: Automatically fills Cuphead's super meter.
Whetstone: Doubles Cuphead's parry as a damaging ax attack.
P. Sugar: Cuphead's first parry slap is automatic.
Twin Heart: Grants Cuphead five health points, but lowers his attack damage slightly more than the Heart charm.
- The liquid in his head is the essence of his soul, according to Studio MDHR.
- In the Steam Store artwork for Cuphead, Cuphead appears to be wearing red shoes, despite him wearing brown shoes in-game.
- His parents have never been seen or mentioned, hinting that Cuphead is orphaned along with his brother.
- Cuphead's age is unknown.
- Cuphead is based on old cartoon characters, most notably as the cup character from the Japanese propaganda Evil Mickeys attacks Japan (1936), as stated by a developer.
- He may likewise have been influenced by the design of various porcelain characters from the 1934 Silly Symphony The China Shop.
- He is heavily based on Bimbo the Dog, the boyfriend of Betty Boop being influenced by 1930's cartoons most notably from Fleischer Studios.
- Although heavily influenced by Bimbo, his appearance and traits are more similar to that of Mickey Mouse and Felix the Cat sporting similar attire to Mickey's while sporting the same large circled eyes as well as tending to get into trouble like Felix during his earlier years.