|“||I feel genuinely sorry for any hostile who has the misfortune to face Delta Squad in combat.||„|
|~ Walon Vau on Delta Squad.|
Delta Squad are clone troopers from the Star Wars series, being a elite commando unit of the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars.
Delta Squad was an elite clone commando squad that carried out demanding missions for the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars. Comprised of four clones of the Mandalorian bounty hunter, Jango Fett, Delta Squad included RC-1138, RC-1140, RC-1207, and RC-1262—informally known as "Boss", "Fixer", "Sev", and "Scorch", respectively.
One of the twenty-five squads that comprised Arca Company of the Commando Group Zero Five Commando in the Grand Army's Special Operations Brigade, Delta Squad took their orders from the Director of Special Forces, Jedi General Arligan Zey, along with Zey's former Padawan, Bardan Jusik, for the much of the war, and then from Jusik's replacement, Jedi Knight Etain Tur-Mukan. During several missions, the unit was also overseen in the field by clone advisor CC-01/425.
First deployed on Geonosis at the start of the Clone Wars at Zero Hour, Delta Squad would go on to play an instrumental role in the recapture of the RAS Prosecutor from becoming a prize of the CIS thanks to the Trandoshans about a year after the Battle of Geonosis when sent to the Chaykin Cluster and Corbantis system to investigate why it went AWOL, as well as the rescue of fellow commando unit, Omega Squad. In conjunction with Omega, and working with two of the Null-class Advanced Recon Commandos under the direction of former Cuy'val Dar training sergeant Kal Skirata, Delta would take part in the shut down of a Separatist terror cell operating on Coruscant.
The squad would be tasked with locating the Kaminoan defector Ko Sai, though their search would turn up nothing but the scientist's severed head. Delta Squad would again prove invaluable to the Republic in the lead up to the Battle of Kashyyyk, where they were able to rescue the Wookiee chieftain Tarfful from his Trandoshan slaver captors and becoming a prisoner of General Grievous himself, defend Wookiee villages from Separatist battle droids, and even destroy a CIS Recusant-class light destroyer that had taken position over the Wookiee city of Kachirho, serving as the main source for the CIS to send droids down to capture Kachirho and then the rest of Kashyyyk, slaughtering any Wookiees that got in their way without mercy, despite the Wookiees having their Bowcasters, Rocket Launchers, quad laser turrets, and brute strength to use against them, such as easily tearing a Super Battle Droid's blaster arm right out of its socket once they overpowered it, or grabbing a Trandoshan mercenary by their leg, dangling them upside-down, punch them a few times, then slam them back down for the count.
However, it was on Kashyyyk that Delta Squad would be forced to abandon one of their own, the commando known as Sev, when he came under fire and the squad received orders from Jedi Grand Master Yoda himself to immediately pull out before they could attempt a rescue effort. Delta Squad would go on to serve the newly-formed Galactic Empire as part of the 501st Legion's Imperial Commando Special Unit, where they were given a replacement for Sev, and tasked with hunting down Jedi who had escaped Order 66, along with clone deserters, Jedi sympathizers, and other Imperial dissidents who showed the slightest hint of betrayal to the Emperor.
In canon, the squad appeared in Witches of the Mist of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, where they retrieve the corpses of Master Halsey and his Padawan Knox after the massacre on Devaron. "Boss" informed Obi-Wan Kenobi, Plo Koon, Adi Gallia, and Saesee Tiin that the planet had perished alongside Halsey and Knox, much to their despair.
- Sev: Boss, I've got a problem here!
Boss: Sev, where are you?!
Sev: (with static interference on the com) Sector...Multiple hostiles...Sir! (static)
Fixer: Lost his signal, Boss.
Boss: Well, find it again, dammit! Squad, regroup. We're going after Sev.
Advisor 01/425: Negative! Negative, Three-Eight! New orders came through from the Jedi Generals. Clear the area. Evac now!
Boss: I don't care if they came from Master Yoda himself!
Advisor 01/425: As a matter of fact, they did, soldier. Now get your squad out of there.
Scorch: Blast our orders! Forty?
Fixer: He's right, Boss. We gotta evac.
Scorch: Sir! We have to go back!
- Advisor 01/425: Delta Lead, get your men under control! One Commando is not worth risking an entire operation!
Scorch: One Commando?!! He's talking about my pod brother!
Boss: Hold on, hold on, Advisor. What do you mean, "an entire operation"?
Scorch: (to himself) I can't believe...
Advisor 01/425: Your team was the advance force for a full-scale Republic invasion. I had strict orders not to tell you. It was your reconnaissance, your intel that verified the operation, and now the invasion has begun.
Republic radio chatter: Republic Assault Ship on Vector Six...Hostiles to starboard. Ready guns. Firing solution in two seconds...Watch it, Bravo Leader, they're on your tail...Droid Starfighters! Incoming at zero-mark-two-seven! Look out! (static)
Scorch: Boss...look! It's the invasion force!
Fixer: Taking the city was only the beginning.
Scorch: I've never seen so many ships before...
Advisor 01/425: Yes, sir. Yes, I'll patch you through right away. Listen up, Deltas!
Yoda: All Republic forces: Establish forward command in Kachirho.
Scorch: Is that really who I think it is...?
Yoda: Rendezvous with Delta Squad we must. Upon them we rest much hope. Wookiee freedom must not be sacrificed.
Advisor 01/425: Sorry, Deltas. Looks like it's back to the action. You have your orders.
Boss: Delta Squad, lock and load!
- Scorch: Rule #1: Kill them before they kill you.
- Sev: Rule 17: Always make sure they're dead.
- Scorch: Do you have to make such a mess?
Sev: Rule 17: Always make sure they're dead.
Scorch: Well, it looks dead to me.
Sev: Is is now.
- Scorch: Sev, did that corpse give you a nasty look?
Sev: Rule 17...
Scorch: We know. "Always make sure they're dead."
- Sev: Nothing like a little bacta.
Scorch: Sev, I thought you were invincible.
Sev: Rule 39: Never say no to bacta.
- Sev: You think that speeder still works?
Scorch: I'm not getting on it. That model's a deathtrap.
- Scorch: This place gives me the creeps. What are these strange, egg-like things?
Fixer: Looks like we're in some sort of Geonosian birthing chamber, gentlemen.
Scorch: Well, what do you know? They are eggs.
Boss: Let's give them a wide berth, just to be safe.
Sev: Just when you think they can't get any more disgusting...
- Scorch: Lizards give me the creeps!
Sev: (scoffs) Everything gives you the creeps.
- Scorch: Man, this place gives me the creeps...
Sev: Ah, Scorch, nothing better than a jungle hunt. Hiding in the bush, putting a plasma bolt through a hostile's cranium... (deep inhale) Makes me feel alive!
Scorch: Okay, now 07's giving me the creeps.
- Scorch: I think Sev has an aggression problem.
Sev: I think you have an intelligence problem.
Fixer: Stow it, Deltas.
- Sev: Now I'm really going to rack up the kills!
Scorch: Not if I get them first!
Fixer: Just don't get caught up in counting that you forget to cover me!
- Scorch: You hear that, Sev? Someone thinks I'm excellent.
Sev: Well, at least that makes two of you.
- Sev: Damn! I don't believe it!
Scorch: What's wrong, Sev?
Sev: I lost count of my kills!
- Scorch: Sev, how many kills you got today, psycho?
Sev: More than you, wiseguy.
Fixer: Keep this comm clear, you two!
Scorch: Calm down, Fixer. Just having a little fun.
- Scorch: These bugs just won't quit!
Sev: Good. More bugs, more kills.
- Scorch: Was it "Red, Red, Green" or "Red, Green, Red"?
Sev: And he's supposed to be the demolition expert?
- Sev: Setting charge.
Scorch: Thirty-Eight, you sure you want Mr. Death Wish setting explosives?
- Scorch: One fireball special, coming right up! (beat) The charge is set and ready to detonate. All yours, Boss.
Boss: Fire in the hole!
Scorch: (Laughs) That blew up real good.
- Fixer: (while strangling a Geonosian warrior) Nasty bug filth!
- (The demo charge meant to take out the midpoint of the Kachirho bridge fizzles when Boss presses the remote detonator)
Boss: Misfire? MISFIRE?! Who packed that charge?!!
Advisor 01/425: You're going to have to find another way to take down that bridge. You have any more ordnance?
Scorch: Nothing with enough punch. Sorry, Boss.
Advisor 01/425: Never mind. There's a fuel line running along the underside of the bridge. A well-placed rocket might set it off.
- Fixer: Hold up, Squad. I'm getting a read on something big headed this way.
Scorch: Hope it's not a Spider Droid.
(Door opens to reveal several B1 Battle Droids and an Advanced Dwarf Spider Droid)
Sev: Guess what? It's a Spider Droid.
- Sev: (while killing Geonosians) Hive mind my eye. Buzz off. Splat. Squish. I love that crunchy sound they make when they die.
- Scorch: Rule 23: Never pull sentry duty on an empty stomach.
- Scorch: Whoever left this bacta dispenser here, should get a medal.
- Boss: Hmmm. More Separatist supplies.
Scorch: One's an anomaly, two's a trend. Rule 89, Boss.
- Clone Trooper: Ah, one of the deluxe models. Come to save us with your superior training?
Boss: This "deluxe model" is the only thing standing between you and a bloody death, so you best be showing some respect, trooper.
Clone Trooper: Yes, sir! What are your orders, sir?
Boss: Hold the line. Kill any lizards you see. I'm going to get to the bottom of this.
Clone Trooper: Will do, sir.
- Delta Advisor 01/425: Delta Squad - clear that promenade.
Scorch: Promenade, sir?
Fixer: Shut it, Six-Two.
- Boss: Blast!
Fixer: What's that, sir? I didn't copy.
Boss: Eh...just some interference on the comlink.
- (Another Trandoshan Slaver rolls out to surprise attack Boss upon opening a door. Boss kills it.)
Boss: I wish they'd stop doing that.
- Boss: You lizards need to learn that I'm a lot scarier than you are!
- Clone Trooper: NO!! (death scream)
Trandoshan Slaver: (laughs)
Boss: Laugh while you can, lizard breath.
- (Boss is incapacitated by enemy fire)
Sev: Boss, hold on to your guts while I rip out theirs!
- Dave Filoni requested the creative team to incorporate Delta Squad into the plot, thus their appearance in season three.