The Disney Princesses are characters from the Disney Animated Canon (with the exception of Merida, who is from Pixar). Some of them have been born into royalty, others have married a prince, while others have the title of "princess" as an honoriffic. This team usually shows up in Disney crossovers. They are kind, wise, gentle, caring and compassionate, but they have unique skills and abilities that let them defend themselves from the forces of evil. They usually coexist in alternate realms (the House of Mouse, the Enchanted Forest, Andalasia, the Ever Realm seen in Sofia the First and Elena of Avalor, and the digital realm of the internet seen in Ralph Breaks the Internet). Most of them are based on fairy tales (with the exception of Merida and Moana, who are original characters, and Pocahontas, who is based on a real life historical character). Their most trusted allies include Sora, Sofia the First, and Vanellope von Schweetz .
- Snow White
- Fa Mulan
- Moana Waialiki
- 1000 BC (Moana)
- Middle Ages (Snow White, Jasmine, Mulan, Merida)
- 14th Century (Aurora)
- 17th Century (Pocahontas)
- 18th Century (Belle)
- 19th Century (Cinderella, Ariel)
- 1812 (Rapunzel)
- 1920s (Tiana)
- Cinderella and Tiana: 19 years old.
- Pocahontas and Rapunzel: 18 years old.
- Belle: 17 years old.
- Aurora, Ariel, Jasmine, Mulan, Merida and Moana: 16 years old.
- Snow White: 14 years old.
- The Disney Princesses appear in Ralph Breaks the Internet, the sequel of Wreck-it-Ralph.
- On a related note, Merida, who also appears in the film, is the first Pixar Character to officially become a Disney Character.
- Aurora, Cinderella, Belle and Jasmine are currently the only Disney Princesses to have live-action remake counterparts .
- Pocahontas is the only Disney Princess to be based on a real person. This is because in Mulan's case, it is unknown if the original Mulan from the legend existed or not.
- Snow White, Cinderella and Aurora are the three original Disney Princesses, and their respective films were released in 1937, 1950 and 1959, respectively. Their respective films were also made in Walt Disney's lifetime.
- Cinderella and Tiana are the oldest Disney Princesses, as both are 19 years-old. Snow White, on the other hand, is the youngest Disney Princess, as she is 14 years-old.
- Ariel is the only Disney Princess who is a mythical creature, as she was born as a mermaid.