|Anakin Skywalker finds this infobox's power has been underestimated, as many, if not all sections in this infobox have been left empty.|
Help improve this article by updating and expanding the infobox.
Doctor Ciel is a heroine in the Mega Man Zero video game series. Although not a playable character, she is considered the female lead and heroine of the series, having important roles in most of her appearances.
Ciel is a young girl with a modest stature. She has pale skin, cobalt blue eyes, long blonde hair with three angular bangs, usually tied into a ponytail. She wears a pink outfit consisting of a helmet, a sleeveless dress, a resistance vest, plated high heels and white gloves, with a black bodysuit underneath. The helmet has a hole on the back for the ponytail, and a retractable white visor. She also has winter clothing composed of a long pink jacket and thick boots.
Dr. Ciel is a scientist looking into more efficient energy sources, particularly Cyber Elves, which she believes will end the war between humans and Reploids. She is revealed to be responsible for making Copy X. Ciel is the one who initially finds Zero, informs him of his legendary warrior status, and asks him for help fighting the tyranny of Copy X's Neo Arcadia. After defeating Copy X, Zero wanders off to do his own thing, but in the end, he realizes that he and Ciel need each other to accomplish their goals.
Powers and Abilities
Although Ciel has no fighting experience, she is an gifted scientist. She uses her bio-augmented smarts to do many things, such as defusing a bomb that's about to hit the Resistance base, hacking into Ragnarok's security systems, and building an almost perfect copy of X.
- Ciel was only 6 years old when she created Copy X, and she was able to create him by watching and mimicking the same experiments that gave birth to the Four Guardians. The idea and explanation for this notable feat had to be figured out quickly by Inti Creates when they decided to change the final boss of Mega Man Zero from the real X to a copy. Then she was decided to be a genetically modified child from Neo Arcadia.
- Ciel was originally intended to be a cyborg.
- Ciel is one of the few human main characters in the main Mega Man timeline; like most of them, she is also a scientist.
- Throughout the series, Ciel is shown to have romantic feelings for Zero, regardless of the fact that he's a Reploid and she's a human (such as in the ending she says "I" then hesitates before continuing "I believe in you" possibly signifying she was going to say "I love you").
- Translations for the lyrics of Zero 4's ending theme sang by Ciel's voice actress Rie Tanaka, "Freesia", blatantly spell out these feelings.
- Ciel holds a few notable similarities to Dr. Thomas Light of the Classic series. Aside from both being pacifistic scientists of their time, they provide aid for the heroes generations in the future (Light provided the armor upgrades to X and Zero; Ciel created the 6 Biometals).
- Ciel bears a slight resemblance to Iris Sepperin, a character from the Japanese doujin soft series,Rosenkreuzstilette. In-universe, she is most notable for her resemblance to the numerous incarnations of Roll as well as Alia.
- The resemblance to Iris is quite ironic, as Iris is much closer as a character to the likes of Copy X and Dr. Weil, and is in fact the nemesis of Grolla Seyfarth, a character with many allusions to Zero.
- During Mega Man ZX Advent, there's a stained glass window in the background of the 8 bosses rematch in Ouroboros. Featured in that artwork is a woman strongly resembling Ciel.
- In Ciel's room in the old Resistance Base, a Resistance uniform (decked in the organisation's green color) is visible hanging next to her bed. Presumably, this belongs to Ciel herself, but the reasons why she prefers her traditional outfit over this one is unknown.
- Ciel shares many similarities with Lacus Clyne from Mobile Suit Gundam SEED and SEED Destiny. They have the same voice actress Rie Tanaka, have feelings for the main protagonists, both were genetically modified, and lead their own organization.