Dragonite (Japanese: カイリュー Kairyuu) is a Dragon/Flying-type Pseudo-Legendary Pokémon introduced in Generation I.
Dragonite greatly differ from their sea serpent-like pre-evolved forms. Both Dratini and Dragonair had a blue coloring with no limbs or wings (excluding the wing-like ears of Dragonair). Dragonite are large, orange, bipedal dragons with two turquoise wings on its back. Dragonite largely resembles a Charizard, as both have the same orange coloring, and the same blue underside of their wings, except for its lack of a flame on the end of their tails, and a somewhat rounder, and friendlier appearance. However, in the anime, Dragonite is rarely seen smiling. Shiny Dragonite's main color is green while the inside of its wings are purple. Dragonite resembles a proper looking dragon, unlike its pre-evolved forms Dratini and Dragonair.
All Dragonite have the ability Inner Focus which allows it to keep from flinching in a battle. They can also have Multiscale as an Hidden Ability, because Multiscale halves damage from any attack when the user is at full HP. Dragonite has become a common sight in competitive battling.
- Red and Blue - An extremely rarely seen marine Pokémon. Its intelligence is said to match that of humans.
- Yellow/Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee - It is said that this Pokémon lives somewhere in the sea and that it flies. However, it is only a rumor.
- Gold - It is said that this Pokémon constantly flies over the immense seas and rescues drowning people.
- Silver - This marine Pokémon has an impressive build that lets it freely fly over raging seas without trouble.
- Ruby and Sapphire - Dragonite is capable of circling the globe in just sixteen hours. It is a kindhearted Pokémon that leads lost and foundering ships in a storm to the safety of land.
- FireRed/X - It can fly in spite of its big and bulky physique. It circles the globe in just 16 hours.
- LeafGreen - Very few people ever see this Pokémon. Its intelligence is said to match that of humans.
- Emerald - It can circle the globe in just 16 hours. It is a kindhearted Pokémon that leads lost and foundering ships in a storm to the safety of land.
- Diamond, Pearl and Platinum/Black and White/Black 2 and White 2/Y - It is said to make its home somewhere in the sea. It guides crews of shipwrecks to shore.
- HeartGold - It is said that this Pokémon constantly flies over the immense seas and rescues drowning people.
- SoulSilver - This marine Pokémon has an impressive build that lets it freely fly over raging seas without trouble.
- Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire - Dragonite is capable of circling the globe in just 16 hours. It is a kindhearted Pokémon that leads lost and foundering ships in a storm to the safety of land.
- Sun - This Pokémon saved a shipwrecked man, taking him to a remote island-a paradise occupied solely by Dragonite.
- Moon - Incur the wrath of this normally calm Pokémon at your peril, because it will smash everything to smithereens before it is satisfied.
- Ultra Sun - It flies over raging seas as if they were nothing. Observing this, a ship’s captain dubbed this Pokémon “the sea incarnate.”
- Ultra Moon - You’ll often hear tales of this kindhearted Pokémon rescuing people or Pokémon that are drowning.
- Sword - It's a kindhearted Pokémon. If it spots a drowning person or Pokémon, Dragonite simply must help them.
- Shield - This Pokémon is known as the Sea Incarnate. Figureheads that resemble Dragonite decorate the bows of many ships.
- Dragonite evolves from Dragonair at level 55. Dragonite is the final form of Dratini.
- The level required to evolve a Dragonair into a Dragonite was the highest level out of every Pokémon but one, at level 55. Tyranitar is the only other Pokémon to be evolved at this level. However, this record was broken by Hydreigon in Generation V: it evolves from Zweilous at level 64. Larvesta also beats Dragonite by evolving at level 59.